PDA

View Full Version : Penn National 10/10

Shemp Howard
10-10-2015, 08:26 AM
Race :7:

:7: Winking Dixie

This 0-18 rock bottom maiden claimer, who has never been within 3 lengths of a race winner, is looking great, training way too good, coming off a lifetime best Beyer last time out, and has beaten most of tonight's foes. According to an insider who follows this outfit closely, tonight's the night for picture taking.

ML 5-1

Donttellmeshowme
10-10-2015, 10:41 PM
Shemp you know you just bet a 7% lifetime trainer?

Dr Gonzo
10-11-2015, 07:33 AM
He was well-meant. His lack of early foot is a tough nut to crack going a mile at Penn Irrational.

It's so sad watching $5000 maidens ......

NorCalGreg
10-11-2015, 07:46 AM
He was well-meant. His lack of early foot is a tough nut to crack going a mile at Penn Irrational.

It's so sad watching $5000 maidens ......

Just looked at the charts for yesterday @ Penn--big speed bias... most of the sprints are W to W jobs. One of your horses from the HTW list is coming up this week, Gonzo. FRENCH KRIS entered Wed 14th 15-1 ML "flashed early speed--may be prepped for win". I'll post Wed morn.

Shemp Howard
10-11-2015, 08:10 AM
The plan was to break slow, bide time and then make a strong half mile move to win going away.

After watching the obvious speed bias in the previous 6 races, you'd think the trainer would have changed tactics if he thought he was best. The horse had shown some speed in higher priced races earlier.

I guess that explains the 7%.

Dr Gonzo
10-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Just looked at the charts for yesterday @ Penn--big speed bias... most of the sprints are W to W jobs. One of your horses from the HTW list is coming up this week, Gonzo. FRENCH KRIS entered Wed 14th 15-1 ML "flashed early speed--may be prepped for win". I'll post Wed morn.

I'm having second thoughts for a few reasons:

1) 1-64 Trainer. A person could have a higher win% by accident. :)
2) I'd have to break my vow to never bet a horse at Penn.
3) Switching to 0-78 Jockey. What kind of moron employs a 0 for 78 rider ?
4) The pig has never run a speed fig close to this competition.

On the other hand....

FRENCH KRIS did turn my head in the paddock and post parade, looking fit and ready. It doesn't look like she can take the lead here but might be able to sit behind the leaders. Things don't look promising but she should be a big price and this is being run at the Penn Irrational School of Pharmacology.

Doc

forced89
10-11-2015, 08:59 AM
After watching the obvious speed bias in the previous 6 races, you'd think the trainer would have changed tactics if he thought he was best. The horse had shown some speed in higher priced races earlier.

Jocks ride. Trainers make suggestions. Blaming trainer is idiotic!

NorCalGreg
10-11-2015, 01:01 PM
I'm having second thoughts for a few reasons:

1) 1-64 Trainer. A person could have a higher win% by accident. :)
2) I'd have to break my vow to never bet a horse at Penn.
3) Switching to 0-78 Jockey. What kind of moron employs a 0 for 78 rider ?
4) The pig has never run a speed fig close to this competition.

On the other hand....

FRENCH KRIS did turn my head in the paddock and post parade, looking fit and ready. It doesn't look like she can take the lead here but might be able to sit behind the leaders. Things don't look promising but she should be a big price and this is being run at the Penn Irrational School of Pharmacology.

Doc

LOL....now I'm not exactly giddy with excitement. Looking fit and ready a couple weeks ago, combined with a huge price, is good enough for a small win bet for me, though. We'll see what happens, keep your eyes open in the meanwhile, good DR. :) .

Donttellmeshowme
10-28-2015, 07:22 PM
LOL....now I'm not exactly giddy with excitement. Looking fit and ready a couple weeks ago, combined with a huge price, is good enough for a small win bet for me, though. We'll see what happens, keep your eyes open in the meanwhile, good DR. :) .

You get your chance to bet this rotgut horse again Greg. Hes in Friday 8th race at Penn 5/1 ML 0/19 Maiden and 7% lifetime trainer i will pass.

Donttellmeshowme
10-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Anyone bet this pig at 11/1 tonite? Horse needs the old Beulah Park

Donttellmeshowme
12-11-2015, 12:34 AM
They not giving up on this horse for sure. Hes back in again and a nice juicy 10/1 ML. 0/20 maiden if its your cup of tea

Donttellmeshowme
12-13-2015, 07:59 AM
Horse ran 3rd. This horse will die a Maiden.

Someone go offer the owner $300 and make this horse a riding horse. Someone do the right thing please.