PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct 9th today

cj
01-21-2002, 03:44 PM
#3 Special Terms has excuses last three, and looks like a runner today. The #1 was vet scratched at the gate a few weeks ago, and will take a lot of money. The #3 draws a good post and has a red hot inner dirt trainer. Hopefully, I'm not pressing after watching the first 7 races and not finding a bet yet, and I won't bet the 8th with only 5 horses. I'll accept 5-1 or higher on the #3 Special Terms.

CJ

cj
01-21-2002, 04:29 PM
He finished first, but unfortunately they have that little rule requiring the jockey to still be on board at the finish! Oh well, some days it be like that.

CJ

Tom
01-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by cjmilkowski
He finished first, but unfortunately they have that little rule requiring the jockey to still be on board at the finish! Oh well, some days it be like that.

CJ

Those damn little details will get you everytime! :mad: :mad:
Tom

ranchwest
01-21-2002, 04:42 PM
Looks like he has excuses 4 times now.

cj
01-21-2002, 04:44 PM
Where were the replies when I posted back to back winners...just kidding, misery loves company...lol.

CJ

PaceAdvantage
01-21-2002, 08:52 PM
CJ,

Saw the race....what a great trip Special Terms got. I'm always amazed at how well horses usually run without their jockeys. Special Terms not only accelerated on the turn for home while staying inside, but SPLIT HORSES and went to the rail in the stretch to win INSIDE of two other horses!! All without a jock!! AND he was even on the correct lead!!

I've even seen horses who blow the turn going 8 wide somehow get up to win after their jock falls off earlier in the race.

Now, there are two or three explanations as to why (in my rather unscientific study of riderless horses) these horses run so well without their jocks:

a) They are 115 pounds lighter
b) They don't have a jockey to screw up their natural running style and rhythm
c) A combination of a and b.

I tend to favor explanation c. What does everyone else think?? AND, has anyone else noticed that horses without jockeys (unless of course the horse falls or is majorly compromised by the event which led to the jock being catipulted) tend to run very well?

==PA

Que
01-21-2002, 09:38 PM
Can't say that I have, but it really improves a greyhounds form. Now if we could just get thoroughbreds to chase a little white rabbit, then maybe with all that extra money that could be saved (i.e. no jockey fees, etc.), then the tracks might consider lowering their take--just kidding...

Que.