PDA

View Full Version : Refs screw up another game

cj
10-05-2015, 11:38 PM
How is that I knew that was an illegal bat but a whole crew of zebras didn't? I tweeted it instantly that I thought it was illegal and should probably be Lions ball.

NorCalGreg
10-06-2015, 12:33 AM
How is that I knew that was an illegal bat but a whole crew of zebras didn't? I tweeted it instantly that I thought it was illegal and should probably be Lions ball.

Did you hear the back judge or whoever it was who had the call? He said it didn't look like a "batted ball"..it looked "inadvertent" to him. What a cop-out.

NJ Stinks
10-06-2015, 12:40 AM
After I saw the replay, I thought Detroit should have got the ball on Seattle's 20 yard line. But I wasn't sure I was right.

The billion dollar NFL apparently can't afford to get calls right in Seattle - even with instant replay.

NorCalGreg
10-06-2015, 12:44 AM
Swear Russell Wilson is starting to look like Little Richard.

cj's dad
10-06-2015, 01:05 AM
Swear Russell Wilson is starting to look like Little Richard.

There are no more than 5-6 top notch QB's in the NFL, the rest are mediocre at best !!! Russell Wilson is in the latter group.

magwell
10-06-2015, 01:45 AM
The NFL will admit that a mistake was made, case closed, nothing can be changed now, ;)

thaskalos
10-06-2015, 01:49 AM
Well...Seattle will need more than the refs when they go to Cincinnati next week.

cj's dad
10-06-2015, 01:50 AM
Well...Seattle will need more than the refs when they go to Cincinnati next week.

The Bengals may well go 16-0

Stillriledup
10-06-2015, 03:56 AM
The NFL will admit that a mistake was made, case closed, nothing can be changed now, ;)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25328927/nfl-head-of-officiating-admits-officials-erred-at-end-of-lions-seahawks-game

NorCalGreg
10-06-2015, 04:44 AM

thaskalos: "Well...Seattle will need more than the refs when they go to Cincinnati next week."

You guys are both "batty" (pardon the pun) Bengals win a few games and you're ready to put them in the Super Bowl.
I look for the Raiders to regroup, get on a roll after making Manning look more like Archie than Peyton, and ride the Carr & SeaBass all the way to the playoffs.

ManU918
10-06-2015, 05:34 AM
This was absolutely absurd and I feel horrible for anyone that had the Seahawks ML. The NFL needs to hire resources to watch over games and if they see something deemed a "missed call" they should be able to buzz in to interject or if a ref is unsure they should be able to call the "war room" and have them review the play similar to the MLB & NHL. There is too much at stake and simply inexcusable.

MutuelClerk
10-06-2015, 06:35 AM
If it was a missed call it's kind of a silly rule when there's no Lion around to bat the ball away from. They ALWAYS find a way to lose. SOL.

pandy
10-06-2015, 07:09 AM
There are no more than 5-6 top notch QB's in the NFL, the rest are mediocre at best !!! Russell Wilson is in the latter group.

I agree, I've always thought he was average. It's not hard to QB a team that has that type of defense and he also had a good running game when the won the Super Bowl. On many other teams his shortcomings would have been exposed.

ManU918
10-06-2015, 07:32 AM

I personally wouldn't put Wilson in my top 10. In no order I would easily take these 10 over Wilson...

Rodgers
Brady
Manning
Newton
Ryan
Luck
Big Ben
Flacco
Palmer
Eli

Anyone of those QB's listed above could have won one Super Bowl with that Seahawks defense and I don't think any of them would have thrown the int that Wilson threw on the goal line. I'd like to see Wilson play for a team that has an average/sub average defense and see how good he really is.

forced89
10-06-2015, 07:34 AM
This was absolutely absurd and I feel horrible for anyone that had the Seahawks ML....There is too much at stake and simply inexcusable.

I had the Lions on the ML for $500. The refs turned a potentially nice ticket into a loser!! With the amount of time left it is possible that the Lions would have kicked a field goal sending the game into OT. Maybe I should sue the NFL.

rastajenk
10-06-2015, 07:40 AM
:faint:

Form cycles, match-ups, and injuries all conspire against undefeated seasons, and even long winning streaks.

ManU918
10-06-2015, 08:15 AM
I had the Lions on the ML for $500. The refs turned a potentially nice ticket into a loser!! With the amount of time left it is possible that the Lions would have kicked a field goal sending the game into OT. Maybe I should sue the NFL.

I know how you feel... At least you weren't the guy who lost $700,000 on Draft Kings because Calvin Johnson fumbled on the 1. Now that is a sick beat.

Tall One
10-06-2015, 08:57 AM
Read on another forum he won $1.2 because of the fumble, and an extra $1.05 because Detroit didn't score again..I don't follow that stuff, so not sure what's what.

pandy
10-06-2015, 10:03 AM
I personally wouldn't put Wilson in my top 10. In no order I would easily take these 10 over Wilson...

Rodgers
Brady
Manning
Newton
Ryan
Luck
Big Ben
Flacco
Palmer
Eli

Anyone of those QB's listed above could have won one Super Bowl with that Seahawks defense and I don't think any of them would have thrown the int that Wilson threw on the goal line. I'd like to see Wilson play for a team that has an average/sub average defense and see how good he really is.

I agree on all points. Rogers is clearly the best QB in the NFL right now, especially since he's still in his prime.

Kash$
10-06-2015, 10:57 AM

Rodgers
Brady
Manning
Newton
Ryan
Luck
Big Ben
Flacco
Palmer
Eli

Rivers over Cam?

Secondbest
10-06-2015, 11:17 AM
Read on another forum he won $1.2 because of the fumble, and an extra $1.05 because Detroit didn't score again..I don't follow that stuff, so not sure what's what.
Guy from fanduel won 105k on draft kings using "inside info". Supposedly by the values and scoring.Not sure how that would work.
I read this on MarketWatch.

PhantomOnTour
10-06-2015, 11:29 AM

Rodgers
Brady
Manning
Newton
Ryan
Luck
Big Ben
Flacco
Palmer
Eli

Andrew Luck is eligible to throw an interception anytime, anywhere.
Peyton Manning and Carson Palmer are one decent hit away from retirement (both of which will come later this season).

Arsenal - 3
ManU - 0
;)

garyscpa
10-06-2015, 03:06 PM
thaskalos: "Well...Seattle will need more than the refs when they go to Cincinnati next week."

You guys are both "batty" (pardon the pun) Bengals win a few games and you're ready to put them in the Super Bowl.
I look for the Raiders to regroup, get on a roll after making Manning look more like Archie than Peyton, and ride the Carr & SeaBass all the way to the playoffs.

10 yr old Suzie moves from Denver to SD with her parents, and her new teacher is a big Charger fan. Teacher asks everyone who their favorite team is and is appalled when Suzie yells "The Broncos!". Teacher asks why and Suzie says "my dad is Bronco fan, mom is Bronco fan, we are all Bronco fans!!"

So the teacher says - "well just because your parents are Bronco fans does not mean you need to be! What if your mother was a prostitute and your father was in jail - what would that make you?"

Suzie thinks briefly, then brightens. "I know!" she said. "That would make me a Raider fan!"

cj
10-06-2015, 03:56 PM
I agree, I've always thought he was average. It's not hard to QB a team that has that type of defense and he also had a good running game when the won the Super Bowl. On many other teams his shortcomings would have been exposed.

Listening to Gruden last night you'd have thought the Seahawks had hung up 50 on the Lions. It gets nauseating.

MutuelClerk
10-06-2015, 04:46 PM

Hope you're right NCG. The Raiders finally got rid of all that bad money. Hate the Broncos. Love the nickname of Amari Cooper and David Carr. AC/DC. Pretty perfect for the Raiders who will hopefully be back in black soon.

NorCalGreg
10-06-2015, 05:07 PM
Hope you're right NCG. The Raiders finally got rid of all that bad money. Hate the Broncos. Love the nickname of Amari Cooper and David Carr. AC/DC. Pretty perfect for the Raiders who will hopefully be back in black soon.

Allright.....more Raider love from MutualClerk :cool: Don't forget the CARR--the COOPER, and the MACK TRUCK. ...better end this before this gets deleted :jump:

magwell
10-06-2015, 05:11 PM
Hope you're right NCG. The Raiders finally got rid of all that bad money. Hate the Broncos. Love the nickname of Amari Cooper and David Carr. AC/DC. Pretty perfect for the Raiders who will hopefully be back in black soon.ACDC "back in black" wow !! that brings back great memory's............;)

garyscpa
10-06-2015, 05:30 PM
http://forums.sandiegouniontribune.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8553

:D

headhawg
10-06-2015, 08:02 PM
I look for the Raiders to regroup, get on a roll after making Manning look more like Archie than Peyton, and ride the Carr & SeaBass all the way to the playoffs.The Raiders couldn't beat the Bears who have no wide receivers, a makeshift O-line, and an average defense on their best day. You have them making the playoffs? I think that Bengals and Raiders fans need to take a breath.

MutuelClerk
10-06-2015, 09:04 PM
I never said anything about playoffs. The Raiders have been to bad for too long to make the playoffs. But finally the Raiders have a future. Frankly I'd rather win six-seven games this season and get better picks. In the meantime AC/DC lives and will be around for awhile.....

Zaf
10-06-2015, 10:05 PM
Wasn't this play reviewed by the officials in the booth upstairs ? If so how did they mess it up ? :confused:

Z

cj
10-06-2015, 11:01 PM
Wasn't this play reviewed by the officials in the booth upstairs ? If so how did they mess it up ? :confused:

Z

It has been said it was not reviewable as a judgement call.

Zaf
10-06-2015, 11:11 PM
It has been said it was not reviewable as a judgement call.

Funny the experts in the booth also called it a touchback, up here on Canadian TV, no mention of the screw up on Canadian sports center immediately following the game ? Well kudos to you picking it up as it happened. Maybe the NFL needs a sharp guy like you :ThmbUp:

Z