PDA

View Full Version : Belmont: Sat., October 3

Teach
10-03-2015, 11:47 AM
Race One:

:5: Party Barn. Make no mistake. This first-timer has wet-track pedigree, e.g., Bernardini (A.P. Indy), (Distorted Humor). Oh, I like this colt’s recent morning work :47.4 for four panels, breezing from the gate. From the gate. Add to the mix, the colt’s connections. Kiaran’s gotten off to an excellent start. He’s nearly 25% in MSW category. In the irons, “Senor Santo Domingo,” Joel Rosario, Solid chance of starting early double in this MSW sprint. Others: :3: , :1: , :6:

Race Two:

:7: Total Joint. As “Suffolk Downs Sal” used to say: “In the land of races-taken-off-the-turf, the MTO(s) is King!” This Tiznow-bred is no turf horse, but on the main, on a wet track. Voila! Tiznow breeding is a ringing endorsement of this MTO’s chances. Add to that the services of Jason Servis (off to an excellent start; his horses have been “live”). Oh, and his pilot, Irad Ortiz Jr. Others: :8: , :1a: , :3:

Race Three:

:7: Readtheprospectus drops off his last win. I like turf-to-dirt angle. Can make it two-straight (won five in row a couple years ago). Irad in the irons. Trainer David Jacobson (he owns the horse) does well with both 1st off a claim and second off a layoff categories. Readthefootnotes (sire) is solid wet-track lineage. Others: :6: , :3: , :4:

Race Four:

:7: Financial Modeling is another colt with solid wet-track lineage, e.g., Street Cry, A.P. Indy. Should benefit from outside post and services of Javier Castellano. Moves up from last into n2L company; yet this colt has the ability to compete with these short-field routers. Trainer Chad Brown does well in all racing categories. Decent recent work. Other: :5:

Race Five:

In the Grade 2 Kelso, I like :2: Honor Code. This ridgling figured to begin with; yet he now moves up on the wet Belmont oval. This Seattle Slew-bred won The Whitney and The Metropolitan in his last two starts (As George and Ira Gershwin might have said: “Who Can Ask For Anything More?”) “Shug” trains; Javier rides. A solid recent “bullet” morning work. Others: :1: , :5: , :6:

Race Six:

The Grade I Flower Bowl at one mile and one-quarter on the turf. :1: Stephanie’s Kitten should enjoy the slight stretch-out. Can handle a yielding surface. Trainer Chad Brown does very well with horses coming off a layoff. He also has a very good turf percentage. Irad Ortiz, Jr. in the irons. Others: :8: , :4: , :10:

Race Seven:

:6: Desert Tune is my choice in The Frizette. This chestnut filly broke her maiden at a mile a few weeks ago in this Belmont surface. She’s been over a distance off ground; most of the others have not. This Street Cry-bred has solid wet-track pedigree. Trainer Tom Albertrani is having a very good meet. John Velazquez is in the irons. Others: :5: , :2: , :1:

Race Eight:

:2: Greenpointcrusader gets my nod in the Grade 1 Champagne. Broke his maiden coming on late at “The Spa”. That’s what it might take. Will start down inside and must angle to the outside to move into contention. Recent solid work. Joe Bravo for Dom Schettino. Others: :4: , :5: , :1:

Race Nine:

In the Hill Prince Stakes that remains on the turf, I like :10: World Approval. Won his last, the Grade III Saranac. Anything resembling that win and he should repeat. Joel Rosario reprises the ride for trainer Mark Casse. Casse does well with winners of their last race. Others: :9: , :11: , :7:

Race Ten:

In The Million Dollar Jockey Club Gold Cup I like :6: Tonalist. This Tapit (Pulpit) bred was third in the Grade 1 Whitney, but this 4-year-old should be helped by stretching out an additional panel. A solid “bullet” work indicates readiness. The Hall-of-Famer, Johnny V. is in the irons for Christophe Clement. Others: :2: , :3: , :4:

Race Eleven:

In the finale, off the turf, I like the :9: , Gift Box with Javier Castellano. This MTO moves up on a wet track. My only question: Can he get the distance? Chad Brown trains. Dam, Special Me, had two winners from three starters. Others: :1a: , :4: , :7:

Unicorn
10-03-2015, 12:09 PM
Hi Teach. I will be following along today. Thanks for the post. :ThmbUp: