PDA

View Full Version : Be careful guys (re sloppy tracks)

Stillriledup
10-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Lots of slop around the east coast this weekend, be very selective on your bets, this slop throws a monkey wrench into things, also be careful 'trusting' horses with great 'slop records' not all sloppy situations are created equal.

grandstander21
10-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Normally I don't play a track when the track condition is sloppy because it creates a poor atmosphere and scenery. It just ruins the track experience for me. I guess I'll be playing Santa Anita rather than Belmont or Keeneland on Saturday.

NorCalGreg
10-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Lots of slop around the east coast this weekend, be very selective on your bets, this slop throws a monkey wrench into things, also be careful 'trusting' horses with great 'slop records' not all sloppy situations are created equal.

I hear ya. I once heard, from a horse playing "expert".....his message: " just handicap the way you normally do. If the track starts to become a problem, they'll just shut it down"

That expert is drinking hand sanitizer & selling loose cigarettes right now.

Stillriledup
10-02-2015, 06:22 PM
I hear ya. I once heard, from a horse playing "expert".....his message: " just handicap the way you normally do. If the track starts to become a problem, they'll just shut it down"

If I was offered a billion to one odds on a penny that I would see 'drinking hand sanitizer' and 'selling loose cigarettes' in the same sentence in my lifetime on a message board, I think I would have saved the penny and passed. :D

NorCalGreg
10-02-2015, 07:01 PM
If I was offered a billion to one odds on a penny that I would see 'drinking hand sanitizer' and 'selling loose cigarettes' in the same sentence in my lifetime on a message board, I think I would have saved the penny and passed. :D

LMAO....drinking hand sanitizer is all the rage now--that stuff is like 90% alcohol :D :D :D Your finest bums swear by it.

Lemon Drop Husker
10-02-2015, 07:30 PM
LMAO....drinking hand sanitizer is all the rage now--that stuff is like 90% alcohol :D :D :D Your finest bums swear by it.

Does that mean I am "smuggling" if I carry hand sanitizer across state lines? :p

Tall One
10-02-2015, 08:28 PM
Now you know taking sanitizer east of Texas is bootleggin', LDH.. ;)

Not betting a thin dime this weekend..GLA that do however. :ThmbUp:

edit--im from east KY, and there's a few that swore by drinking Aqua Velva...may they all RIP.

Mr.XXX
10-02-2015, 08:33 PM
Kids love it too.

Hoofless_Wonder
10-03-2015, 02:27 AM

Yeah, it used to be broken down horseplayers ended up swilling cheap muscatel or Mad Dog 20-20 while rummaging through the garbage looking for a half-eaten sandwich.

As for track conditions, I don't mind slop or fast, but the gooey in-between surfaces of muddy and good are to be avoided. Soft and good turf can be tricky too.

Stillriledup
10-03-2015, 03:17 AM
Honor code 1 for 1 in the slop. Does this mean he's 100 pct to handle this specific slop ? Do you want to find out at 1-5?

NorCalGreg
10-03-2015, 03:36 AM
Honor code 1 for 1 in the slop. Does this mean he's 100 pct to handle this specific slop ? Do you want to find out at 1-5?

Just handicap like you normally do. If there's a problem, they'll shut the the thing down LOL. SRU I laughed so hard at that "irony and addict" thing on that other thread, but I couldn't type anything, because that guy got all teary eyed talking about "Lenny" or someone. It just wouldn't have been right. :D

Kash$
10-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Horses that run well in the slop actually hate it..Horses that run awful in the slop love it..

Its the opposite.

They run fast to get out of it.
They dont run because they love being in it.

People either walk fast or run to get out of the rain...

Just a theory :)

chenoa
10-03-2015, 10:39 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for the morning laugh!!!