PDA

View Full Version : Caitlyn Jenner escapes manslaughter charges

Robert Fischer
10-01-2015, 12:58 PM
Caitlyn Jenner (formerly Bruce Jenner) escapes manslaughter charges.
Jenner killed another driver because of a lapse in attention(speculation is that he was using a mobile device but I have not seen proof of that) and smashed into the rear of the other stopped driver's vehicle at freeway speeds, knocking that vehicle into oncoming traffic where they were killed in a head-on collision.

Jenner was able to use his wealth, and his position in a propaganda movement that had already made significant investment in him as a symbol. He has to pay a large private settlement to the family of the victim and may receive some lesser charges in some subsequent proceedings.

Not really shocking per se, but this kind of thing reveals the underlying difference of class in our world, the inequality of our justice system, and the power of the media and political/economical movements.

Robert Fischer
10-01-2015, 01:00 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/caitlyn-jenner-wont-be-charged-fatal-february-car-accident-n436426

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2015/09/30/prosecutors-decline-to-charge-caitlyn-jenner-in-fatal-crash/

delayjf
10-01-2015, 01:25 PM
I hope he gets his ass sued off.

lamboguy
10-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Jenner killed another driver because of a lapse in attention(speculation is that he was using a mobile device but I have not seen proof of that) and smashed into the rear of the other stopped driver's vehicle at freeway speeds, knocking that vehicle into oncoming traffic where they were killed in a head-on collision.

Jenner was able to use his wealth, and his position in a propaganda movement that had already made significant investment in him as a symbol. He has to pay a large private settlement to the family of the victim and may receive some lesser charges in some subsequent proceedings.

Not really shocking per se, but this kind of thing reveals the underlying difference of class in our world, the inequality of our justice system, and the power of the media and political/economical movements.
for centuries the rules have always favored those that have the do ray mi. but to this person't credit whatever sex is in that body these days, didn't pay to frame someone else. that happens plenty these days.

Tom
10-01-2015, 02:11 PM
I hope he gets his ass sued off.

He already got something else sawed off!:eek:

OntheRail
10-01-2015, 03:12 PM
He already got something else sawed off!:eek:
Nope I believe it's still packing tackle... just had the deck extended and drapes hung.

Tom
10-01-2015, 03:19 PM
Really?
So he doesn't have the guts to really take himself seriously?
Just another mouth with no substance.

Girly man.

delayjf
10-01-2015, 06:19 PM
Just another mouth with no substance.

No doubt he's working hard on acquiring a lot of oral substance. :D

Tom,

Did you get my PM?

Robert Goren
10-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Nobody care if she had not had a sex change operation! They have try to make using a cell phone while driving illegal here for 15 years. It gets about a fourth of the votes it needs every year to become law every year. Fighting the realtor lobby is like fighting the gun lobby.

delayjf
10-02-2015, 05:17 PM

Whether he was using a cell phone or not, how is he not guilty? lets assume he was not using a cell phone at the time. either he was not paying attention to what he was doing or he was driving too fast - either way he was negligent and somebody died because of it. HOW IS HE NOT GUILTY?? :mad:

TJDave
10-02-2015, 05:24 PM
Nobody care if she had not had a sex change operation! They have try to make using a cell phone while driving illegal here for 15 years. It gets about a fourth of the votes it needs every year to become law every year. Fighting the realtor lobby is like fighting the gun lobby.

Did not know this. I assumed it was illegal everywhere. It's even illegal in Mexico!

Flysofree
10-02-2015, 06:09 PM
Did not know this. I assumed it was illegal everywhere. It's even illegal in Mexico!

I agreed with you initially...but remembered these phone companies yield tremendous POWER!! I wish it was a mandatory sentence for using one while driving everywhere, unless an emergency!

Inner Dirt
10-02-2015, 11:40 PM
Unless you were driving way over the speed limit, racing, fleeing police or intoxicated it is rare to get hit with vehicular manslaughter in California. This time I think the sick he-she got what anyone else would have especially with a previous clean record.

dav4463
10-06-2015, 02:54 AM
Nope I believe it's still packing tackle... just had the deck extended and drapes hung.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

marksinger
10-06-2015, 11:53 AM
wouldn't it be changed to womanslaughter?? :)

Tom
10-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Translaughter.

Robert Fischer
10-06-2015, 01:12 PM
Unless you were driving way over the speed limit, racing, fleeing police or intoxicated it is rare to get hit with vehicular manslaughter in California. This time I think the sick he-she got what anyone else would have especially with a previous clean record.

Maybe you are correct.

It seemed to be logical that Jenner would be found at fault, and the police investigation also claimed that Jenner was at fault (which is part of my point that an avg. citizen would have found that to be some adversity), but if that is the framework, and it's consistent, then I would be wrong.

looks can be deceiving! :lol:

Laws, people, gender... Can't trust your eyes all the time.
I turned on the tv the other day and had the random thought that it was slightly unfair that talkshow host Wendy Williams hasn't gotten the same hoopla and media attention for being a transgender media personality(albeit a mediocre one). After all, she's been around for years, before it was fashionable and politically correct.
Turns out she was born a woman. :blush:

Inner Dirt
10-06-2015, 02:10 PM

Maybe you are correct.

It seemed to be logical that Jenner would be found at fault, and the police investigation also claimed that Jenner was at fault (which is part of my point that an avg. citizen would have found that to be some adversity), but if that is the framework, and it's consistent, then I would be wrong.

looks can be deceiving! :lol:

Laws, people, gender... Can't trust your eyes all the time.
I turned on the tv the other day and had the random thought that it was slightly unfair that talkshow host Wendy Williams hasn't gotten the same hoopla and media attention for being a transgender media personality(albeit a mediocre one). After all, she's been around for years, before it was fashionable and politically correct.
Turns out she was born a woman. :blush:

I unfortunately lived in the liberal mecca of California for almost 50 years
I know how they think. I used to ride a motorcycle in that state and had long commutes, I have seen it all. While distracted driving can be illegal no
way would you get 12 people to unanimously convict a distracted driver
for manslaughter as probably half the jury knows they are frequently guilty
of it. Most of it happens in stop and go traffic which is common all over the
state at rush hour and weekends. I have seen drivers eating off of plates, reading books, putting on lipstick, shaving, receiving oral sex and all other
things that lead to inattentiveness.

Inner Dirt
10-07-2015, 01:36 AM
I now live in the exact opposite of California when it comes to traffic enforcement. Not signaling and driving over 80 mph in a 70 zone can be considered reckless driving which can come with jail time.

In California you can get busted by the airplane on the road
to Las Vegas doing over 100 mph and just end up paying a regular ticket and no more points on your record than a 10 mph over.

If Jenner had the same accident here in Virginia rear ending someone sitting still causing death it probably gets charged with vehicular homicide. A couple months ago a few miles from here a dump truck
overturned into oncoming traffic at exactly the wrong time crushing
a woman to death exiting a country store parking lot from the opposite direction. Preliminary finding was the truck took the corner
over the speed limit. Last I read the district attorney was considering manslaughter charges.

Robert Fischer
10-07-2015, 07:19 AM
I now live in the exact opposite of California when it comes to traffic enforcement. Not signaling and driving over 80 mph in a 70 zone can be considered reckless driving which can come with jail time.

In California you can get busted by the airplane on the road
to Las Vegas doing over 100 mph and just end up paying a regular ticket and no more points on your record than a 10 mph over.

If Jenner had the same accident here in Virginia rear ending someone sitting still causing death it probably gets charged with vehicular homicide. A couple months ago a few miles from here a dump truck
overturned into oncoming traffic at exactly the wrong time crushing
a woman to death exiting a country store parking lot from the opposite direction. Preliminary finding was the truck took the corner
over the speed limit. Last I read the district attorney was considering manslaughter charges.

I never put much thought into regional differences for traffic laws. We all know such differences exist for things like gun laws.
Interesting.

Inner Dirt
10-07-2015, 11:30 AM
I never put much thought into regional differences for traffic laws. We all know such differences exist for things like gun laws.
Interesting.

Robert Griffin II the father of RG3 recently got 10 days in jail for speeding
in Hampton Roads Virginia. I live out in the county yet I see just as many cops or more per square mile when traveling back roads than when driving in the larger cities. Pretty sure these over zealous traffic laws and fines support the police machine. In spring and summer we have check points, where they look for safety violations, license and registration, etc,etc. I see you are in Maryland ,I would recommend good behavior if you visit us. The only time you won't see a
boat load of cops in my county is when the weather is foul or the roads are snowed or icy. Then I see unattended wrecks all over the place. If there is a wreck you will see the fire department most of the time directing traffic. The cops do not protect and serve here they just write lots of traffic tickets.

davew
10-07-2015, 12:23 PM
Interesting.

The laws may be the same, just different enforcement...

Inner Dirt
10-07-2015, 12:37 PM
The laws may be the same, just different enforcement...

A good amount of laws are different, especially regarding cell phone use.
We also have a law in Virginia where you have to move over a lane if a cop
or other official vehicle is on the side of the road flashing lights you aren't
supposed to pass next to it. That one is posted, but maybe just once in a while on main highways. A second offense on that one gets you jail time. I can't recall seeing that law in the other 25 states I have traveled in. I doubt anyone can beat Virginia for overly strict penalties for traffic violations.