PDA

View Full Version : Mike Beer

hracingplyr
09-29-2015, 02:58 PM
Just read on twitter 50min ago Mike Beer from Timeform has accepted an analysis position with DRF inside Post, effective next week.

Bob

lamboguy
09-29-2015, 03:24 PM
they just lost a tremendous handicapper.

i wish him all the best in his new position.

cbp
09-29-2015, 03:38 PM
Opens up the possibility of the long overdue Serling, Salvatore pairing. Plenty of Subways in the area so nothing should stand in Doug's way

Tom
09-29-2015, 03:48 PM
I heard Doug on Nigh School last week - he is getting married in December.
That might stand in his way.

letswastemoney
09-29-2015, 03:48 PM
I thought he left DRF for Timeform. Wow. I only read the TimeformUS blog sporadically, but I guess I won't get to read his thoughts under DRF's pay wall.

Rise Over Run
09-29-2015, 03:50 PM
Opens up the possibility of the long overdue Serling, Salvatore pairing. Plenty of Subways in the area so nothing should stand in Doug's way
Timeform US already hired David Aragona as a replacement effective October 7th.

BELMONT 6-6-09
09-29-2015, 04:07 PM
I heard Mike Beers wife is a trainer? Don't know if it is true.

Trips
09-29-2015, 04:19 PM
I heard Mike Beers wife is a trainer? Don't know if it is true.
Think she is/was a jockey. One time introduction and i was drinking.:D

Kash$
09-29-2015, 04:20 PM
Will he be joining Serling?

BELMONT 6-6-09
09-29-2015, 04:36 PM
Think she is/was a jockey. One time introduction and i was drinking.:D

Ha ha !!! Thanks.

BELMONT 6-6-09
09-29-2015, 04:38 PM
Though none of my business about a mans/woman's salary BUT how much can they pay you for the DRF Inside job? Especially living in New York?

Trips
09-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Ha ha !!! Thanks.
No problem. Now i am curious if i remembered correctly.:)

Rise Over Run
09-29-2015, 05:00 PM
Will he be joining Serling?
I would assume that would depend how comfortable/polished he is in front of the camera.

Exotic1
09-29-2015, 06:13 PM
Just read on twitter 50min ago Mike Beer from Timeform has accepted an analysis position with DRF inside Post, effective next week.

Bob

Will Mike continue to use TimeformUs figs as his primary data source?

Grits
09-29-2015, 06:34 PM
This is a tremendous loss for TimeformUS. Not only the loss of Beer's outstanding work with analysis but, too, his on air presence and his partnership with Andy and NYRA. A great asset, he has been a natural in front of the camera from day one.

One can never underestimate corporate longevity and loyalty to brand. DRF's brand and line of products having been around the longest.

Good wishes and much good luck to Mike Beer.

Hang tough condensed. ;)

Exotic1
09-29-2015, 06:52 PM
This is a tremendous loss for TimeformUS. Not only the loss of Beer's outstanding work with analysis but, too, his on air presence and his partnership with Andy and NYRA. A great asset, he has been a natural in front of the camera from day one.

One can never underestimate corporate longevity and loyalty to brand. DRF's brand and line of products having been around the longest.

Good wishes and much good luck to Mike Beer.

Hang tough condensed. ;)

This is too funny. Thanks for the laugh.

no breathalyzer
09-29-2015, 07:14 PM

good for him! :ThmbUp:

cj
09-29-2015, 07:16 PM
I look forward to working with David. I've been recommending him on Twitter long before I had any idea he'd be working with us.

pandy
09-29-2015, 07:52 PM
David is good, glad he is getting his shot. Congrats to Mike and David. I like guys like this that know how to pick longshots and do their homework.

Racey
09-29-2015, 09:14 PM
For David he usually does well at aqueduct.....Belmont so...so lately at best.

Racey
09-29-2015, 09:16 PM
Killed the Brad Thomas Happy Hour I miss that show....Now no access to Beer's picks ....sucks

SuperPickle
09-29-2015, 09:34 PM
Kind of shocked by this. I've always seen TimeForm as progressive and the drf as essentially a gasoline soaked dumpster held together with duck tape.

Honestly from a technology standpoint the form is still stuck somewhere in the 1980's.

classhandicapper
10-01-2015, 01:08 PM
Killed the Brad Thomas Happy Hour I miss that show....

I wouldn't be shocked if Brad Thomas is back in some capacity eventually. I hope he is. DRF is moving away from recorded content towards live content. That Happy Hour was recorded. Brad does live work for Monmouth.

Robert Fischer
10-01-2015, 01:11 PM
These guys seem to play musical chairs.

Most of them are professional and enthusiastic.

Tom
10-01-2015, 03:13 PM
I look forward to working with David. I've been recommending him on Twitter long before I had any idea he'd be working with us.

Is he working someplace now?
The name sounds familiar, but I can't remember from where.

MJC922
10-01-2015, 06:30 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if Brad Thomas is back in some capacity eventually. I hope he is. DRF is moving away from recorded content towards live content. That Happy Hour was recorded. Brad does live work for Monmouth.

I listen to quite bit of the DRF recorded content, including the podcasts. For the first time last weekend I listened to the live content, good stuff. It's nice to see they're hiring people. I'd hate to see the handicapping discussions go away.

no breathalyzer
10-01-2015, 09:34 PM
I like Brad Thomas pretty sharp guy.

Racey
10-01-2015, 11:07 PM
Brad & Kenny Peck were a good team...not found of Matt Bernier I hear the job has spread to National Tv consultant on big days and the boy is getting too big a head these days.

Secondbest
10-01-2015, 11:47 PM
I like Brad Thomas pretty sharp guy.
Me too

no breathalyzer
10-02-2015, 12:18 AM
any one know who this Elroy Royal guy is on twitter? Its bugging me can't figure it out but hes pretty sharp too .. and obv. he reads these threads here :lol:

Tara73
10-02-2015, 01:02 AM
any one know who this Elroy Royal guy is on twitter? Its bugging me can't figure it out but hes pretty sharp too .. and obv. he reads these threads here :lol:
Elroy Royal loves to abuse Andy Serling. That's his life.

classhandicapper
10-02-2015, 09:23 AM
I listen to quite bit of the DRF recorded content, including the podcasts. For the first time last weekend I listened to the live content, good stuff. It's nice to see they're hiring people. I'd hate to see the handicapping discussions go away.

Seriously, it's like handicapper nirvana at DRF. There is a handicapping contest once a week. I picked a COLD pick 6 at Gulfstream one day that no one at the track even hit (it was a carry over and I had it cold) but I didn't even win the contest that day. :bang: I tied with someone else that hit the other 3 races including a bomb. It's shark infested waters.

pandy
10-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Seriously, it's like handicapper nirvana at DRF. There is a handicapping contest once a week. I picked a COLD pick 6 at Gulfstream one day that no one at the track even hit (it was a carry over and I had it cold) but I didn't even win the contest that day. :bang: I tied with someone else that hit the other 3 races including a bomb. It's shark infested waters.

Wow, it's tough to nail a cold pick 6, super job! You and I are biased since we write for DRF, but they do have a strong team. If memory serves me correct, Keppler, Crist, and Brad Free, all of whom have written books under the DRF publishing banner, have all hit at least one big payoff Pick 6. Crist probably has several. But Brad and Dean did it with small tickets. So the cynics who say that public handicappers probably don't bet their own money, not true.