PDA

View Full Version : HD Replays?

Kash$
09-28-2015, 09:27 PM
2015 still no HD replays,racing its Atari in a xbox world.

Robert Fischer
09-28-2015, 09:45 PM
so true

All I know of in HD are stakes races which can be found on Youtube

no breathalyzer
09-28-2015, 09:55 PM
i was going to ask if there was anywhere to get HD replays for NYRA tracks but i guess not. The replays currently are really bad and seem to be getting worse, really sucks when i forget to dvr the races on tvg. I try really hard to take real good notes while watching but some times you miss things you know ..

cutchemist42
09-29-2015, 11:25 AM
Im pretty Woodbine's Youtube channel features HD vids.

no breathalyzer
10-20-2015, 01:23 PM
Nyra can put up a select races of there choice in HD on You Tube. but can't do it for all? :mad:

Dr Gonzo
10-20-2015, 02:08 PM
In Pennsylvania, they are likely afraid that too many fans would spot the jockeys throwing buzzers onto the infield after they use them. It's much harder to see them fly on fuzzy replays.

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 06:17 PM
This is really pathetic and unacceptable. A total joke that tracks don't offer HD replays.

I'm at the point where if anyone even remotely speaks to me during a live race or during the HD replay (on track), I twitch and put my hand out (as a stop sign) to capture notes as I know I won't have another chance to watch in HD.

It's pathetic.

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 06:19 PM
In Pennsylvania, they are likely afraid that too many fans would spot the jockeys throwing buzzers onto the infield after they use them. It's much harder to see them fly on fuzzy replays.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Probably true...

Stillriledup
10-20-2015, 06:38 PM
This is really pathetic and unacceptable. A total joke that tracks don't offer HD replays.

I'm at the point where if anyone even remotely speaks to me during a live race or during the HD replay (on track), I twitch and put my hand out (as a stop sign) to capture notes as I know I won't have another chance to watch in HD.

It's pathetic.

Hd at del mar isn't even what I'm shooting for, I'm just trying to see a replay that doesn't look like I'm looking thru a dirty window, like the one shown in the courtroom scene in My Cousin Vinny.

Dr Gonzo
10-20-2015, 06:41 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Probably true...

The leading jockeys at Penn didn't get that way due to their riding skill. I used to watch with good binoculars and couldn't count all the buzzers I've seen thrown onto the infield at Penn.

The sad part is, if I can see them, the stewards can see them and they did nothing about it.

Anyone thinking of a career as a jockey at Penn should take some courses in basic electronics and DC current. :D

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 06:42 PM
Hd at del mar isn't even what I'm shooting for, I'm just trying to see a replay that doesn't look like I'm looking thru a dirty window, like the one shown in the courtroom scene in My Cousin Vinny.

Instead of what is a yute, Track Execs are asking what is Eigch Tee :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
10-20-2015, 06:53 PM
I can't tell if it is my aging eyes or if in celebration of sixty years Turf Paradise brought back most of the original video equipment from 1956, but replays look like they came from the hands of Monet.

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 06:56 PM
I can't tell if it is my aging eyes or if in celebration of sixty years Turf Paradise brought back most of the original video equipment from 1956, but replays look like they came from the hands of Monet.

LMAO...YUP....It's pathetic out there.

no breathalyzer
10-20-2015, 09:22 PM

It's pathetic.

Tell me about it i been lazy the last couple of weeks so today i had a steady diet of really bad nyra replays.. now my head hurts :bang:

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 10:53 PM
Tell me about it i been lazy the last couple of weeks so today i had a steady diet of really bad nyra replays.. now my head hurts :bang:

It really does look like we're watching through a cloudy tv and cloudy contacts :bang: :bang: :bang:

I'll never forget, I bet a horse last year, I could be wrong but I think the horse sneezed or shook her head. She was off a beat slow and overcame a nasty slow pace to win.

Because I was there live and watched it live on HD at Belmont, I knew what happened. I bet her next out and made a good hit.

I watched the replay on regular quality and all I saw was off slow.

Huge difference.

no breathalyzer
10-20-2015, 11:20 PM
It really does look like we're watching through a cloudy tv and cloudy contacts :bang: :bang: :bang:

I'll never forget, I bet a horse last year, I could be wrong but I think the horse sneezed or shook her head. She was off a beat slow and overcame a nasty slow pace to win.

Because I was there live and watched it live on HD at Belmont, I knew what happened. I bet her next out and made a good hit.

I watched the replay on regular quality and all I saw was off slow.

Huge difference.

yea, i found myself doing some guessing today. One thing you always catch is when the jockey drops the whip. shockingly how many times this doesn't get mentioned or picked up in the charts, but clear as day in hd

EMD4ME
10-20-2015, 11:42 PM
yea, i found myself doing some guessing today. One thing you always catch is when the jockey drops the whip. shockingly how many times this doesn't get mentioned or picked up in the charts, but clear as day in hd

Good point, Except if it's PARX :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thespaah
10-21-2015, 12:33 AM
2015 still no HD replays,racing its Atari in a xbox world.
NYRA video is all HD
replays are SD...Expanded pic size is a bit grainy.

thespaah
10-21-2015, 12:35 AM
i was going to ask if there was anywhere to get HD replays for NYRA tracks but i guess not. The replays currently are really bad and seem to be getting worse, really sucks when i forget to dvr the races on tvg. I try really hard to take real good notes while watching but some times you miss things you know ..
just exactly what are you looking for in the video that SD will not allow you to see?

no breathalyzer
10-21-2015, 02:11 AM
just exactly what are you looking for in the video that SD will not allow you to see?
Horses range of motion, jockeys hand motion/position .. if the replay was even in reg. sd this might not be a problem but these replays look like they are being recorded thru a potato. Some are so bad i got to replay the damn race mutable times just to see if horse really got steadied or if jock was just clowning, gets especial tricky in them tougher angles. You also get to take a great look at the physical appearance of the horses in HD.

spiketoo
10-21-2015, 01:43 PM

Um, that equipment never left the plant.

And trust me, it's not a whole lot prettier live. :D

no breathalyzer
05-11-2016, 12:07 PM
how damn hard is it to get HD replays NYRA? i mean WTF.. even GP has HD replays on Youtube for its 2nd tier meet.. Not everyone can be glued to a monitor every single race writing trip notes like a mad man... the regular replays are absolute trash as well.. i didn't know replays aged so fast nowadays :rolleyes: CMON MAN.... someone over there get a clue and get it together already!

no breathalyzer
05-11-2016, 12:09 PM
how damn hard is it to get HD replays NYRA? i mean WTF.. even GP has HD replays on Youtube for its 2nd tier meet.. Not everyone can be glued to a monitor every single race writing trip notes like a mad man... the regular replays are absolute trash as well.. i didn't know replays aged so fast nowadays :rolleyes: CMON MAN.... someone over there get a clue and get it together already!

This rant is necessary because it's complete BS :bang:

titans1127
05-11-2016, 12:21 PM
The NYRA Mobile app offers replays in HD. Don't believe the regular website has been upgraded yet for whatever reason.

Still don't understand why Twinspires TV(and even their other platforms) don't stream HD for those tracks that broadcast that way. Xpressbet is the only ADW I know of that does do it(but has video limits since I don't use that account to wager at all) along with the RTN online service.

EMD4ME
05-11-2016, 08:43 PM
Sadly due to various reasons, I had to go to RTN for unlimited yearly HD replays.

Like the product. Sad though, that other free options are not available.

The new NYRA app is ok but an app is not the same as my PC.