PDA

View Full Version : 2 GGF Longshots (unless they magically aren't longshots)

NorCalGreg
09-27-2015, 03:07 PM
**GGF**

R-1 :7: ADIOS PELOTA 10-1 ML 5F CL3.2 Utley/Terrero

Doug Utley was one of the top trainers here at one time. He doesn't have as many horses, but can still get it done. ADIOS shows improving pace, bris figs, calls, is rested, this race is right in his "kitchen", as Former A's announcer Monte Moore used to say. ADIOS PELOTA $10WP
Speaking of getting it done:

R-9 :3: SHEZGETTINHERDONE 12-1 ML 5F MD CL 8K MCLEAN/GOMEZ

This is a heck of a spot to try a slick MD move--that's all I have to say. You got Bill Morey claiming a horse--dropping it down two levels immediately, Steve Sherman, in the old Cramer angle dropping a horse in class, putting top jock Baze aboard--since it's gonna be favored forget that one....Sherrie Monroe might even be throwing a ringer in here. This should be fun.
Why I like the :3: -- She was last entered @ the wrong distance, wrong class to purposely color her form after her nice 2nd with similar. She'll be totally ignored with all these, and may steal a win at a nice price. I'll bet these horses all day. Long term they're money.
SHESGETTINHERDONE 10WP

Also 1 other Santa Anita

R-6 :9: KULIK LODGE 4-1 ML

Fits Pace, Class $10WP

Good Luck
-NCG

NorCalGreg
09-27-2015, 09:03 PM
GGF results:

R-1 :7: ADIOS PELOTA $8.00 3.60 2.60 (how the heck this one ended up 3-1---was 20-1 last out)

R-9 :3: SHEZGETTINHERDONE -finished off the board

The Santa Anita horse R-6 :9: KULIK LODGE finished off the board

Check that HTW list --the NY racing boys put up a sweet $19.80 winner this AM

-NCG

NorCalGreg
09-28-2015, 03:08 AM
One side note about that 9th @ GGF,I made the comment: "Steve Sherman, in the old Cramer angle dropping a horse in class, putting top jock Baze aboard--since it's gonna be favored forget that one"
In what can only be called KARMA for betting the obvious favorite, here's the chartmaker's comment for what mishap befell Baze as he was getting into position 6 lengths back:

SIDEPOCKET BET was also chasing the leaders, bid three
wide on the turn, had the rider drop his whip leaving the quarter pole, then shifted out but finished evenly under steady hand urging.

Sidepocket, under a hand ride, still finished only about 4 back @ 8/5. Guess Russell doesn't have buddies like they do in NY :rolleyes:

NYMess
09-28-2015, 09:03 AM
Sidepocket, under a hand ride, still finished only about 4 back @ 8/5. Guess Russell doesn't have buddies like they do in NY :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

C'mon NCG, lol!! The "friends" were in Philly

NorCalGreg
09-28-2015, 01:00 PM
Sidepocket, under a hand ride, still finished only about 4 back @ 8/5. Guess Russell doesn't have buddies like they do in NY :rolleyes:

C'mon NCG, lol!! The "friends" were in Philly[/QUOTE]

:blush: ohhh my bad......there seems to be a certain group who specifically rails against NY riders, so naturally I assumed it was NY. That "Hey that's my whip" incident still ranks right up there with that rider cutting across the infield in thick fog, somewhere down south, and pretending he won the race. Knuckleheads, all.

NYMess
09-30-2015, 09:31 AM
How about when Vaz decided to whip a fellow jockey down the stretch of a Parx race!!!!