PDA

View Full Version : Oregon law-No freaking way

zico20
09-26-2015, 10:18 PM
I just read this article and I still can't believe it. In fact, I don't know how this is even legal. When I was growing up your parents were responsible for you and made decisions based on your well being. Kids didn't have the right to do things like this without their parents giving approval. What am I talking about? Not abortion. This affects a child a million times more so than an abortion.

Oregon passed a law in January that allows minors to start receiving sex change medicine and eventually the sex change operation-WITHOUT PARENTAL NOTIFICATION.

Some of these children are under the age of 10! I will say this. If a doctor gave my child a sex change or even medication for a sex change without my authorization, that would be the last thing that doctor ever did. Liberals think waterboarding is torture, they haven't seen anything yet as to what I would do to that doctor. Maybe you have to have kids to understand my thinking.

This country is going down the drain, thanks to liberal states like Oregon.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2015/08/oregon-offers-minors-taxpayer-funded-sex-change-sans-parental-consent/

Hoofless_Wonder
09-27-2015, 05:16 AM
This reminds me of the recent story in Portland when the local "authorities" picked up some free-range kids, because of course "the state" always knows what's best for the children.

A couple of examples of why government should be given the absolute minimum of trust and authority.

Greyfox
09-27-2015, 11:08 AM
Oregon passed a law in January that allows minors to start receiving sex change medicine and eventually the sex change operation-WITHOUT PARENTAL NOTIFICATION.

That is insanity.
Hopefully, someone from Oregon who visits this board will fill us in.
I can't imagine legislators anywhere on this planet collectively agreeing to that madness.

FantasticDan
09-27-2015, 11:29 AM
The age of medical consent in OR is 15, and has been since 1971. No child under 15 can receive any kind of therapy or procedure without parental consent. OR Medicaid does cover treatment and therapy for gender dysphoria. There have been no "sex changes" for anyone who is still a minor.

Snopes spells it all out:

http://m.snopes.com/oregon-teen-sex-change-law/

TJDave
09-27-2015, 12:08 PM
The age of medical consent in OR is 15, and has been since 1971. No child under 15 can receive any kind of therapy or procedure without parental consent. OR Medicaid does cover treatment and therapy for gender dysphoria. There have been no "sex changes" for anyone who is still a minor.

Snopes spells it all out:

http://m.snopes.com/oregon-teen-sex-change-law/

Killjoy. ;)

classhandicapper
09-27-2015, 12:10 PM
Unless I am misreading it, it seems to me a significant change has been made.

"Updating Oregon’s policy and bringing it into line with current major international treatment guidelines, the Health Evidence Review Commission (HERC) has voted to move gender dysphoria into the covered portion of the Prioritized List with the publication of the next biennial review List. Services already approved for this new, covered line include psychotherapy, medical visits, and medications to suppress puberty in gender questioning youth."

Gender dysphoria was added.

"However, nothing in Oregon law requires a health care provider to provide medical services to a minor or safeguard the confidentiality of a minor. In most cases, providers will encourage (and in some cases require) family engagement and supports unless it would endanger the patient."

Nothing requires them, but they CAN.

classhandicapper
09-27-2015, 12:14 PM
I don't have a good understanding of these laws, but if some doctor gave my 15 year old child medication without my knowledge, they better have life insurance.

thaskalos
09-27-2015, 12:17 PM
I don't have a good understanding of these laws, but if some doctor gave my 15 year old child medication without my knowledge, they better have life insurance.

And you better be fond of male "companionship".

thaskalos
09-27-2015, 12:21 PM
This reminds me of the recent story in Portland when the local "authorities" picked up some free-range kids, because of course "the state" always knows what's best for the children.

A couple of examples of why government should be given the absolute minimum of trust and authority.

How can you disobey the authority of the government without meeting with dire consequences?

Robert Goren
09-27-2015, 12:30 PM
I hate to break this news to some of you, but it about time you learned it. Kid starting at about 13 begin to figure out their sexual identity. The problem is not that kid is not heterosexual, but with society believing and trying to force the kid into being something they are not. You born with your sexual identity, it is not learned nor can it be forced on you. Trying to delay its onset only brings mental issues for the kids. I am glad Oregon is beginning to recognize that. They have probably tired of dealing with all the suicides of kids trying to cope with their sexual identity because their parents are in denial.

Greyfox
09-27-2015, 12:42 PM
I hate to break this news to some of you, but it about time you learned it. Kid starting at about 13 begin to figure out their sexual identity. The problem is not that kid is not heterosexual, but with society believing and trying to force the kid into being something they are not. You born with your sexual identity, it is not learned nor can it be forced on you. Trying to delay its onset only brings mental issues for the kids. I am glad Oregon is beginning to recognize that. They have probably tired of dealing with all the suicides of kids trying to cope with their sexual identity because their parents are in denial.

Yes. What you say has some truth in it.
However, parents should have the final say on all medical treatment of any child, except in extraordinary rare circumstances where the child's life is endangered.

classhandicapper
09-27-2015, 12:52 PM

You make is sound like I'd even be in the country when my Sicilian friends from the old neighborhood took care of business. :lol:

thaskalos
09-27-2015, 12:55 PM
What is the legal drinking age in Oregon?

It occurs to me that if a 15 year-old in Oregon has the right to opt for sex-altering drugs without the parent's consent...then the kid could hardly be denied a drink.

classhandicapper
09-27-2015, 01:00 PM
Yes. What you say has some truth in it.
However, parents should have the final say on all medical treatment of any child, except in extraordinary rare circumstances where the child's life is endangered.

Absolutely without any doubt.

At 15 years old MOST children are incapable of making decisions about medication PERIOD! Let alone medication designed to suppress puberty at a time when many kids are going through confusing times about sex, relationships etc..

woodtoo
09-27-2015, 01:26 PM
What is the legal drinking age in Oregon?

It occurs to me that if a 15 year-old in Oregon has the right to opt for sex-altering drugs without the parent's consent...then the kid could hardly be denied a drink.
I think I need a drink....your point is?

TJDave
09-27-2015, 01:55 PM
I take them all the time. When I was 15, I didn't need them.

ebcorde
09-27-2015, 02:11 PM
I just read this article and I still can't believe it. In fact, I don't know how this is even legal. When I was growing up your parents were responsible for you and made decisions based on your well being. Kids didn't have the right to do things like this without their parents giving approval. What am I talking about? Not abortion. This affects a child a million times more so than an abortion.

Some of these children are under the age of 10! I will say this. If a doctor gave my child a sex change or even medication for a sex change without my authorization, that would be the last thing that doctor ever did. Liberals think waterboarding is torture, they haven't seen anything yet as to what I would do to that doctor. Maybe you have to have kids to understand my thinking.

This country is going down the drain, thanks to liberal states like Oregon.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2015/08/oregon-offers-minors-taxpayer-funded-sex-change-sans-parental-consent/

don't make sense... oh Judicial watch? I wont spend my time to investigate , it's teabagger baloney

zico20
09-27-2015, 02:58 PM
don't make sense... oh Judicial watch? I wont spend my time to investigate , it's teabagger baloney

So I guess Fox News is baloney also? They reported it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/07/09/oregon-allowing-15-year-olds-to-get-state-subsidized-sex-change-operations/

How about the Weekly Standard.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/oregon-15-year-olds-can-get-taxpayer-funded-sex-reassignment-without-parental-consent_973130.html

Should I get more.

woodtoo
09-27-2015, 02:59 PM
You wouldn't know a teabag if it slapped you in the face.

zico20
09-27-2015, 03:02 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Remember, all it takes is ONE jury member to think the doctor deserved it or it was justified to get a hung jury. I know if I was on the jury and some father did what he had to I would not convict him. Whatever defense ploy they would come up with would be valid for me.

Tom
09-27-2015, 03:38 PM
They can preform and adadictome but the kid can't celebrate with a beer?
Oregon is a state of small minds.
I can see why libs here support it.

Hoofless_Wonder
09-28-2015, 01:04 AM
How can you disobey the authority of the government without meeting with dire consequences?

April, 1775 is the blueprint, with some effectiveness revisited in the 1960s.

At the end of the day, it's really all about numbers. So far, the shift in our society to allow government more power and control (at all levels) is similar to the boiling frog syndrome. The process has been gradual enough that many have not noticed, nor comprehend, the consequences of how this process erodes rights and freedoms. Slowly, more citizens are coming to the realization that the health of the republic requires far more care and feeding than we've been willing to give, especially over the last 50 years. Trump's popularity reflects the rise in the level of frustration. Can you imagine him leading in the polls 40 years ago? Even 20?

As the economy worsens and the system becomes even more dysfunctional, the masses will figure out that "business as usual" is not a viable option. Being governed by oligarchs via proxy elected and appointed, and all paid for, officials will run its course and be replaced by something else. It's hard to say what that will be.

But we're not quite at the era of Stalin and the KBG, with citizens who disregard the authority of government disappearing in the middle of the night. Not yet.

thaskalos
09-28-2015, 01:30 AM
April, 1775 is the blueprint, with some effectiveness revisited in the 1960s.

At the end of the day, it's really all about numbers. So far, the shift in our society to allow government more power and control (at all levels) is similar to the boiling frog syndrome. The process has been gradual enough that many have not noticed, nor comprehend, the consequences of how this process erodes rights and freedoms. Slowly, more citizens are coming to the realization that the health of the republic requires far more care and feeding than we've been willing to give, especially over the last 50 years. Trump's popularity reflects the rise in the level of frustration. Can you imagine him leading in the polls 40 years ago? Even 20?

As the economy worsens and the system becomes even more dysfunctional, the masses will figure out that "business as usual" is not a viable option. Being governed by oligarchs via proxy elected and appointed, and all paid for, officials will run its course and be replaced by something else. It's hard to say what that will be.

But we're not quite at the era of Stalin and the KBG, with citizens who disregard the authority of government disappearing in the middle of the night. Not yet.
I disagree with you, HW. In some cases...governmental power and control comes pretty swiftly, and it's immediately noticeable...but the public still remains seemingly oblivious to it. The citizenry somehow manages to convince itself that, either it's all done for our "own good"...or that "there is no use fighting about it...because you can't win". The underlined emotion in all this is FEAR...IMO. Throughout the world, and here too, the citizens are AFRAID of their governments...and who can blame us?

Look at what's happening in Chicago as we speak. The residents are bracing for a large property tax increase, on top of other property tax increases which have been levied against them during a time when their home values have tumbled...and their home equities have vanished. And why the additional property tax increase? To cover up the shameless political shenanigans of the Mayor Daley administration. Daley f**ked the city, and the Chicago residents get the bill...without being asked if they can afford to pay it, or not. You pay it...or you lose your home.

They put a gun to your head...and they call it "democracy". And the citizens have no say in the matter...and no legal recourse to turn to. :ThmbUp:

TJDave
09-28-2015, 02:22 AM
Mayor Daley?

Why are you invoking his name?

He's been out of office 5 years.

A political eternity.

thaskalos
09-28-2015, 03:16 AM
Mayor Daley?

Why are you invoking his name?

He's been out of office 5 years.

A political eternity.
In some cases, I agree...5 years is a "political eternity". But in Chicago, the corruption runs so deep...that it behooves us to search a little further in order to get a better look of the situation.

Hoofless_Wonder
09-30-2015, 12:25 AM
I disagree with you, HW. In some cases...governmental power and control comes pretty swiftly, and it's immediately noticeable...but the public still remains seemingly oblivious to it. The citizenry somehow manages to convince itself that, either it's all done for our "own good"...or that "there is no use fighting about it...because you can't win". The underlined emotion in all this is FEAR...IMO. Throughout the world, and here too, the citizens are AFRAID of their governments...and who can blame us?

Look at what's happening in Chicago as we speak. The residents are bracing for a large property tax increase, on top of other property tax increases which have been levied against them during a time when their home values have tumbled...and their home equities have vanished. And why the additional property tax increase? To cover up the shameless political shenanigans of the Mayor Daley administration. Daley f**ked the city, and the Chicago residents get the bill...without being asked if they can afford to pay it, or not. You pay it...or you lose your home.

They put a gun to your head...and they call it "democracy". And the citizens have no say in the matter...and no legal recourse to turn to. :ThmbUp:

The process was certainly accelerated after 9/11, and the I agree that FEAR is definitely being used as a motivator for change. Without a doubt, there is the "you can't fight city hall" mentality prevalent in the masses. But I think there will come a tipping point when rapid change results from a backlash of years of slowing increasing pressure. I thought we'd see that in Greece this summer, but instead we saw the "gun to the head" democracy in action, and the backlash held in check - for now.

Up until now, Illinois has been an outlier, at least in the Midwest. It's an example of what happens when "gaming the system" economics is supported by leftists. The charts in this blog boggle the mind:

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2015/09/food-stamp-growth-outpaces-illinois-job.html

There are alternatives, but they're just not well organized or obvious at this point in time. Emanuel and Maddigan will continue to squeeze blood from the turnip of the slaves of the Land of Lincoln, with little fear of recourse - until two million law abiding taxpayers flood the streets of Chicago and Springfield demanding change. Not until conditions get worse will that tipping point arrive, and who knows what the catalyst will be? Perhaps a person will run for Chicago mayor or governor on the platform of defaulting on all debt, stiffing gov retirees on any pension payments above $50K per year, lowering the state income tax back to 3% and then to 1%, and laying off thousands of leeches in bureaucrat positions within state and local government.

But, that's the peaceful, logical route of change. And that's probably not going to happen.