PDA

View Full Version : Freehold: Saturday, September 26

Teach
09-26-2015, 12:18 PM
Race One:

In the opener, these eight horses have won a combined eleven races in 2015. I would tread lightly. Logic says that the “board-hitter” is the deuce, 2 Between Me and You. Yet, this 4-year-old gelding hasn’t won a single race this year; he’s only 1 for 39, lifetime. Yikes! Dave Pinkney Jr. – I remember when Pinkney came down from “The Maritimes” to campaign at Foxboro Raceway. This horse draws a good starting post; he also has the times. Can he win? He should. Yet… 5 Camcracker Dynasty does have a touch of early speed in a race that appears devoid of that quality. I would be surprised to see this gelding on or near “the engine”. He should be right there with “The Harvard (IL) Man,” Pat Berry in the sulky. If you’re playing gimmicks, maybe the 8 Keystone Camaro can be part, possibly the rail horse, 1 Awesome Deo. Yet, the latter4 hasn’t hit the tote in 17 tries this year.

Race Two:

The second half of the Early Double looks like an “inside job”. I mean I like the first three horses. I’m leaning toward a “Doug Flutie” Double, “22”. 2 Esprit De KayJay A finished second as the chalk in his last in this company. Any slight improvement brings this aged gelding back into the winner’s circle. I also like the rail horse, 1 Lemon Drop Hall and 3 Royce Blue Chip. If you’re lookin’ at supers, possibly 6 Brent Montana.

Race Three:

Here’s my long-shot try. In this difficult-to-handicap race, I’m taking a shot with Steve Smith’s horse, 6 Debt of Honor. This gelding has a whole lot of back-class in a race that I see as, up-for-grabs. It wouldn’t take much for “Smitty” to have this gelding make a big brush down the lane to get all the enchiladas. I’m also looking carefully at 7 The Life Boat. This Grinfromeartoear-bred gelding also has a good deal of back-class. Monsieur Daniel Dube adds a lot to this horse’s chances. If you’re looking at gimmick, possibly the inside horses, 1 Black Hammer and 2 Kings Point.

Race Four:

I’m going with the rail horse, 1 Brickyard Brewer. This Ray Baynes owned and trained gelding has faced better in the past. This gelding should be in a good position to mount a closing charge. The ML 12-1 shot, 4 Rise Above It, could be “the sleeper” here. Nick Surick, who trains, had this horse out and going early in his last, but he got parked and was not a factor. A cleaner trip could work wonders, If you’re playing gimmicks, I’m considering three horses: 2 Speedacious, 7 Loafer Lauxmont and 3 Logan M.

Race Five:

3, Go Both Ways, is my medium long-shot choice. I believe “The Kentucky Wildcat” (as in University), Corey Callahan adds a lot to this horse’s chances of getting his picture taken. May well be “on the engine,” and if so, will be tough to catch. 7 Battle Call has been competing against better. Must overcome an outside post; yet Daniel Dube is a top-flight reinsman. Should be considered. If you’re playing exotics, you might consider: 2 Fraternity, 1 Four Corners and 8 Csardas.

Race Six:

In this Lou Babic Final for 2-year-old colts, one factor that must back taken into consideration is how well these maturing “babies” take to Freehold’s tight-turn oval. Most of these colts have never raced on a half-mile track. This is “a toughie”. I believe no fewer than five colts are in play: #s 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6. But which one. My pick id 6, Simon Allard’s colt, Katie’s Rocker. This Rocknroll Hanover-bred has solid gate-speed. If he handles that tight first turn, he may well be onj the leads and be tough to catch. Much will depend on those first ten to fifteen seconds. Underneath, the aforementioned colts look like “the logicals”. If the top pick falters, one of those four should be there.

Race Seven:

5 A Place In History, Joe Bongiorno’s gelding, lucked out in the draw and gets a mid-pack start. That should enhance this gelding’s chances. This gelding has been razor-sharp, lately. He’s registered some speedy times. Underneath: I like 1 Pierce and 3 Justa Camilion. If you’re playing supers, you might consider 6 Olde Time Hockey and 2 Andwin Hanover.

Race Eight:

In the NJ 3-Year-old Futurity I like the rail horse, 1 Rock N’ Roll World. This colt won his last convincingly at Yonkers. Looks like a repeat here. Daniel Dube in the sulky. The race goes through him. Can dictate the pace. 8 Dealt A Winner is a viable choice; yet, he’s drawn the outside post on this half-mile track. The colt does have the chauffeuring services of “The Mainer,” Very much a factor if he handles this tight-turned half-mile oval. Others to consider: 4 Edward Teach and 5 Strut My Stuff.

Race Nine:

2 Let’s Foal Around looks like he’s dropping into a winning spot. This gelding had the lead in his last but faded at the top of the stretch and finished fourth. Yet, against this caliber of company. With a decent trip of rationed speed… Others I’m considering are 1 Good Side; 4 Disarrei; and 6 The Bruiser.

Race Ten:

2 Roll’em Up ships in from Dayton Raceway where he recently set a seasonal mark. In this gelding’s current sharp form, he should be a major factor in this race. Reinsman Pat Berry adds to this gelding’s chances. Underneath, I like 3Sharp West Hanover; 4 Great Soul; and 5 American General.
Race Eleven:

4 Rocks N Bonds won his last from the 8-hole against slightly weaker. This gelding is certainly capable of repeating. The gelding fits well in this company. Steve Smith in the sulky is an added bonus. Others I’m considering: 1 Bettor B; 3 Rock Fame; 2 Momma’s Artist.

Race Twelve:

In the finale, I like a bit of an off-the-wall choice (although the horse in 7/2 on the morning line). I’m talking about 8 Lindys Real Deal. This race has absolutely no early speed. If Dave Pinkney, Jr. decides to leaves, he becomes an immediate player. Yet, that’s a big “If”. Almost by default, I’m considering the rail horse, 1 The Bad Deputy. Yet, he’s been off for a couple weeks. I’m tempted to use 4 RockRockWhosThere; but he’s also been off for a while. Possibly the 2, The X Horse, can be a factor.