PDA

View Full Version : JPG says not so fast....for Social Inclusion

onefast99
09-25-2015, 05:43 PM
JPG has stopped working SI for at least the next 4-6 weeks. He isn't rushing him back off a nice 106 Beyer in a second level allowance/opt claimer at Parx several weeks ago. Next stop for SI is Gulfstream Park. Hopefully he is good to go soon!

cj
09-25-2015, 05:58 PM
JPG has stopped working SI for at least the next 4-6 weeks. He isn't rushing him back off a nice 106 Beyer in a second level allowance/opt claimer at Parx several weeks ago. Next stop for SI is Gulfstream Park. Hopefully he is good to go soon!

Off his last I thought he could be a contender in the BC Dirt Mile...too bad.

no breathalyzer
09-25-2015, 06:12 PM
Did the timeform fig that race for Social Inclusion compare similar to the beyer fig? I heard a lot of people say that was a very strong preference , but honestly i didn't think it was all that great. It didn't even look visually impressive to me and didn't pass the eye test. Looks like a good allowance horse to me .

tanner12oz
09-25-2015, 09:17 PM
I'm pretty sure si the most hyped horse in the history of horse racing

Tom
09-25-2015, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure si the most hyped horse in the history of horse racing
And he has done so little....... :sleeping:

cj
09-25-2015, 10:02 PM
Did the timeform fig that race for Social Inclusion compare similar to the beyer fig? I heard a lot of people say that was a very strong preference , but honestly i didn't think it was all that great. It didn't even look visually impressive to me and didn't pass the eye test. Looks like a good allowance horse to me .

It was a big figure, but it was also on a track coded as bright red for heavily speed favoring.

Donttellmeshowme
09-25-2015, 10:41 PM

who is JPG?

picojim
09-25-2015, 11:34 PM
who is JPG?
Juan Carlos Guerrero

onefast99
09-26-2015, 11:33 AM
I'm pretty sure si the most hyped horse in the history of horse racingThere is always a hyped horse or two each and every year but SI had his issues and still came back as a 4 y/o, unlike many other one race wonder types. Now he is getting another break which the trainer believes is best for him.

cj
12-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Retired. You know when horses are given time off after a big effort something is wrong 98.26% of the time.

classhandicapper
12-09-2015, 01:57 PM
I guess he's going to go in my file of horses I thought had the talent to be really good that never really panned out.

HuggingTheRail
12-09-2015, 03:03 PM
Retired. You know when horses are given time off after a big effort something is wrong 98.26% of the time.

How does that compare to the Beyer figure?

SuperPickle
12-09-2015, 06:21 PM
I am and always will be skeptical of horses who run huge races at Gulfstream in wire-to-wire fashion and never transfer that race to anywhere else.

It seems every year we have 3-5 horses get huge, front running numbers at Gulfstream and never run back to the race.

On top of that his Wood really hasn't help form. He was a fading third behind Wicked Strong and Samraat. Wicked Strong's four year old year was a hot mess. Samraat broke a bone and I'm not sure has come back.

I think the takeaway is Social Exclusion wasn't very good.

However he will go down in history as of the one of the biggest failures of not taking the money and running.

cj
12-09-2015, 06:23 PM
How does that compare to the Beyer figure?

I have no idea what you are asking here.

SuperPickle
12-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Here's a hot take. Which horse was more over hyped...

Social Inclusion or Normandy Invasion.

(Btw... this would have been a tremendous match race)