PDA

View Full Version : John Boehner is OUT!!!

classhandicapper
09-25-2015, 09:57 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/26/us/boehner-will-resign-from-congress.html?_r=0

woodtoo
09-25-2015, 11:08 AM
Amen :jump:

Greyfox
09-25-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm in tears. :(

ebcorde
09-25-2015, 11:14 AM
would be a fool to take the job. make sure it's a tea bagger. let's see them LEAD, pass bills, and win elections

Tor Ekman
09-25-2015, 11:16 AM
Good riddance to the orange glow RINO

Tom
09-25-2015, 11:22 AM
I'm in tears. :(

4A3pX_shcyU

ReplayRandall
09-25-2015, 12:11 PM
The leading candidate to replace Boehner is Rep. Kevin McCarthy of California, who is widely viewed more favorably by the more conservative members:

http://www.pe.com/articles/rep-781477-candidate-include.html

LottaKash
09-25-2015, 12:20 PM
Altho he did do his job, which was "nothing".....

Get going bobo, can't be soon enough for a lot of us....

Tom
09-25-2015, 12:42 PM
The bottom feeding bastard is going to try to make sure PPH is funded before he leaves.

Hey, he has made the decision, time to ABORT him. Force him out now.
Time for the Tea Party to stand up and ensure not one single piece of
legislation is passed under this Democrat-wanna-be's lame duck time.

Dr Gonzo
09-25-2015, 01:00 PM
:jump: :jump: :jump:

http://thedailybanter.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/boehner_clown.jpg

ebcorde
09-25-2015, 01:12 PM
It's hilarious. Can't wait to see how they make Obama do what they want. I guess shut down the government for 13 months, and another impeachment proceeding.

Tom
09-25-2015, 01:25 PM
The problem with shutting down the government is that it always opens back up. Maybe we should abort it.

iceknight
09-25-2015, 02:45 PM
The problem with shutting down the government is that it always opens back up. Maybe we should abort it.When the government shuts down.. do the congress representatives all lose their pay and perks for those days?

reckless
09-25-2015, 02:51 PM
When the government shuts down.. do the congress representatives all lose their pay and perks for those days?

They don't get paid during the time the gov't is shut down.

Then, about 5 seconds after it reopens again, the printing press starts going at high speed cutting separate checks for the monies not paid during the 'shut down'. So, in essence, it's a paid vacation.

One more thing, when the government 'shuts down' due to politics, etc., about 85 per cent of the government does NOT shut down at all, it continues to operate.

classhandicapper
09-25-2015, 03:06 PM
When the government was shut down last time the media made Cruz sound like he was a crazy man, but the government was shut down a bunch of times under Carter and Reagan and a few times under Clinton and George WW Bush. The idea should be if you are going to shut it down, make sure you are going to win a concession by doing so.

https://historymusings.wordpress.com/2011/04/08/how-many-times-us-history-government-shutdown-budget/

iceknight
09-25-2015, 03:50 PM
They don't get paid during the time the gov't is shut down.

Then, about 5 seconds after it reopens again, the printing press starts going at high speed cutting separate checks for the monies not paid during the 'shut down'. So, in essence, it's a paid vacation.

One more thing, when the government 'shuts down' due to politics, etc., about 85 per cent of the government does NOT shut down at all, it continues to operate.of course. That's smart and the voting public will forge . It by the time of next election usually..

Striker
09-25-2015, 04:04 PM
When the government shuts down.. do the congress representatives all lose their pay and perks for those days?
No of course they don't. Their salaries are written into permanent law. Senators and Reps still draw salaries when the government is shut down.

horses4courses
09-25-2015, 04:09 PM
I'm beginning to think that Boehner has more integrity
than the rest of the GOP combined.

He's just a little too much for you "manly men" to handle....... :lol:

elysiantraveller
09-25-2015, 04:50 PM
I'm beginning to think that Boehner has more integrity
than the rest of the GOP combined.

He's just a little too much for you "manly men" to handle....... :lol:

He's certainly had the worst job in DC for awhile. I've never envied his job.

iceknight
09-25-2015, 04:58 PM
No of course they don't. Their salaries are written into permanent law. Senators and Reps still draw salaries when the government is shut down. And their salary allows them to waste time campaigning for the next term or for Presidential candidature or supporting another pres candidate on the campaign etc.. all in the name of policy making work.

Oh well I am not going to spoil my Friday mood worrying about these lowlifes

ArlJim78
09-25-2015, 07:13 PM
It's hilarious. Can't wait to see how they make Obama do what they want. I guess shut down the government for 13 months, and another impeachment proceeding.
please, which Republican party is going to do this? not the one I'm familiar with.
nothing is going to happen, Obama will get everything he wants with little to no resistance just like he has ever since the GOP took over congress.
Boehner resigning makes that even more likely.

Tom
09-25-2015, 10:05 PM
Who knows what deals that weasle will try make with the devil?

nV-40QpYnjQ

davew
09-25-2015, 10:14 PM

it is a paid vacation, just get paid when come back

Tall One
09-25-2015, 10:15 PM
please, which Republican party is going to do this? not the one I'm familiar with.
nothing is going to happen, Obama will get everything he wants with little to no resistance just like he has ever since the GOP took over congress.
Boehner resigning makes that even more likely.

pretty much..

ArlJim78
09-25-2015, 10:29 PM
Most Republicans are celebrating, democrats are devastated, that should tell you all you need to know about Boehner.

Robert Goren
09-26-2015, 07:17 AM
Hopefully the new speaker will speak for the majority of republicans in the house and stop caving into the 10% or so of Tea Party house members, but he probably won't. John Boehner will go down in history as the weakest and most infective speaker, thanks to his unwillingness to take on a very small, but vocal, minority in his caucus. I hope GOP tries to shut down the government for a week or so, but I doubt that they are that stupid. (Even though I have in the past of been guilty of underestimating the stupidity of republicans.) That would insure a democrat victory for the White House and quite possibly the senate in 2016. A prolonged shut down might even bring the house back under democratic control, but that is a long shot. When I was young (and a foolishly a republican), GOP was about helping business, today it is about anything but business. The best they can do these days is promise(but seldom deliver) a few tax breaks. Pro-business politicians in the GOP are called RINOS with same distain that use to reserved for the most liberal of liberal democrats.

Tom
09-26-2015, 10:40 AM
Hopefully the new speaker will speak for the majority of republicans in the house and stop caving into the 10% or so of Tea Party house members, but he probably won't.

Hopefully, he will speak for the majority of AMERICAN CITIZENS and not the party. btw, that is who the TP wing also represents.

Do we really need a POS, er, SOH?
I thought we were all supposed to have equal representation under law?
That doesn't happen.

Do we really need a HOR?

Robert Goren
09-26-2015, 09:17 PM
Hopefully, he will speak for the majority of AMERICAN CITIZENS and not the party. btw, that is who the TP wing also represents.

Do we really need a POS, er, SOH?
I thought we were all supposed to have equal representation under law?
That doesn't happen.

Do we really need a HOR?The tea party represents about 15% of republicans and about 5% of all Americans, but they have few multibillionaires behind them so they can win a few elections in very conservative areas. They peaked in 2012. It is now just matter of which of their heroes (It seems like they come up with a new one every other month) will expose their feet of clay. This year they have already gone through Walker and Paul. Rubio is turning out to be too much of a RINO for their tastes. Now they are turning to a former liberal democratic businessman/entertainer or a failed woman CEO who lost her only attempt at public office by a wide margin or Heaven forbid, a Black doctor. They started with 17 GOP hopefuls to pick from and at the rate they are going, they be down to none before the first vote is casted.

zico20
09-26-2015, 10:22 PM
The tea party represents about 15% of republicans and about 5% of all Americans, but they have few multibillionaires behind them so they can win a few elections in very conservative areas. They peaked in 2012. It is now just matter of which of their heroes (It seems like they come up with a new one every other month) will expose their feet of clay. This year they have already gone through Walker and Paul. Rubio is turning out to be too much of a RINO for their tastes. Now they are turning to a former liberal democratic businessman/entertainer or a failed woman CEO who lost her only attempt at public office by a wide margin or Heaven forbid, a Black doctor. They started with 17 GOP hopefuls to pick from and at the rate they are going, they be down to none before the first vote is casted.

Well if they get down to none I will jump in and save the country! The voters will love me. :jump:

Of course Clocker and a few others on here will be in my administration. :D

Tom
09-27-2015, 03:45 PM
Is it jut me, or does Bobby sound like a broken record, cord, cord, cord, cord, cord, cord.

Robert Goren
09-27-2015, 05:27 PM
Is it jut me, or does Bobby sound like a broken record, cord, cord, cord, cord, cord, cord.It is tough being a liberal here when every tea party member in the country posts here. All 17 of you.

horses4courses
09-27-2015, 05:30 PM
It is tough being a liberal here when every tea party member in the country posts here. All 17 of you.

:ThmbUp:
:lol:

Tom
09-27-2015, 05:45 PM
Tough to be a conservative, bobby.
Any damn fool can be a democrat ( and most of them are).
That's we are a minority.
Most couldn't handle it.

As we see here daily.

But, as you yourself admit here many times, that small groups sure has a lot of influence and cause you guys a lot of trouble. All your whining over 17 people? Man, your side is weak. :lol: :lol: :lol: