PDA

View Full Version : Exotic bet rules

SG4
09-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Saw a DRF article today about NY State Gaming commission passing some new rules, including a tidbit that says "Finally, the commission passed rules that standardize the policies on scratches and surface changes for pick four, pick five, and pick six wagers." However, I can't find what these policies are anywhere on the commission website? Does anyone know a link to this specific ruling, or can you sum up what standardized rules were passed? I'm hoping something was put in to eliminate the embarrassing situation of a few years ago where when several pick 6 races were moved from turf to dirt after the sequence began, it led to 75% of the pool automatically becoming a carryover, and only consolation payouts went to those with all winners.

On another topic, looks like Gulfstream is now moving to try rolling intra-day carryovers on their super high 5. They're also adding an early pick 5 to the betting menu. My question is in this situation (and at tracks like Monmouth) where there is an early & late pick 5, if nobody hits the early pick 5 does it carryover to the one later in the card or not til the early one the next day? Same question if nobody hits the late pick 5. Haven't seen this situation occur at Monmouth this summer so not sure how it'd be handled, anyone with an idea?

tanner12oz
09-25-2015, 05:59 PM
Saw a DRF article today about NY State Gaming commission passing some new rules, including a tidbit that says "Finally, the commission passed rules that standardize the policies on scratches and surface changes for pick four, pick five, and pick six wagers." However, I can't find what these policies are anywhere on the commission website? Does anyone know a link to this specific ruling, or can you sum up what standardized rules were passed? I'm hoping something was put in to eliminate the embarrassing situation of a few years ago where when several pick 6 races were moved from turf to dirt after the sequence began, it led to 75% of the pool automatically becoming a carryover, and only consolation payouts went to those with all winners.

On another topic, looks like Gulfstream is now moving to try rolling intra-day carryovers on their super high 5. They're also adding an early pick 5 to the betting menu. My question is in this situation (and at tracks like Monmouth) where there is an early & late pick 5, if nobody hits the early pick 5 does it carryover to the one later in the card or not til the early one the next day? Same question if nobody hits the late pick 5. Haven't seen this situation occur at Monmouth this summer so not sure how it'd be handled, anyone with an idea?

I think it carries to the next sequence not the next sequence early vs late