PDA

View Full Version : 2 Mountaineer Longshots 9/21

NorCalGreg
09-21-2015, 07:17 PM
R-4 :4: Anagazandra CL 5K 1M TR -SOPHIE RICHGELS --JOCK-FIGEROA 12-1 ML

Never heard of this trainer--her record looks horrible--but something is up with this horse. She has a sweet Power Win (under a different trainer) in July, but but shows like 7 races in 8 weeks. For any TIPS disciples--this horse's running lines are looking very "manufactured". I'll try to type out her last 4 if you don't have MNR PP's:

**--30 AUG 1M 7-10* 6-10* 6-15* 6-21
**--22 AUG 6F 8-6* 8-13* 6-6* 5-3
**--11 AUG 1M 7-9* 7-7* 5-11* 5-8
**--22 JULY 1M 3NK* 1-5* 1-9* 1-9

BTW...Trainer Richgels is also the owner. There are no works showing for Anagazandra-she's getting her work in live races.Not exactly Prime bet material, but intriguing-- $10 W w/P saver

The other alleged Longshot is in the 6th.

RACE-6 :2: GRANDISCRETION 5F CL 5K SANCHEZ/LAGUNES 10/1 ML

The reason I say "alleged" is despite the 10-1 ML....sometimes you think you have a sweet longshot--come home from work or where ever--and find out your longshot paid $4.80 to win. :D
Someone mention Quirin speed points other day, and how they spent their precious handicapping time figuring their own. I mean you can do all that, make your own pace, speed, class, dosage, impact values, velocity, coefficient ratings...OR---, open up any racing publication, and figure out how to get all that stuff already done--if you can't find it, my philosophy is...you don't need it.
Getting back to the 6th race @ Mnr.. :2: GRANDISCRETION is an E-8, the next closest is E-4 U SO GRAND. Couple other "E's", rest are all "P's" He daylights the field in Early Pace. Plus he's back in 16 days.
Last Race-Speed Bias for the past week: 100% for 9 races....Grandiscretion is out of the killer 1 hole even though his saddle cloth is the 2. I'll take a flyer on the chance he wires this field --10W/P
Good Luck
-NCG

dartman51
09-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Could be a LS winner in the 3rd. :1: MIRACLE IN MAY Top Speed @ Dist, Top Speed on Turf, and LOVES this course. 20-10-6-1

Typical....10/1 @ 1 MTP, when I posted, went off at 5/1. :D Ran 3rd.

NorCalGreg
09-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Could be a LS winner in the 3rd. :1: MIRACLE IN MAY Top Speed @ Dist, Top Speed on Turf, and LOVES this course. 20-10-6-1

Typical....10/1 @ 1 MTP, when I posted, went off at 5/1. :D Ran 3rd.

I hear you Dart....That Fav seemed so much better than those, with his late kick---he could have stumbled out of the gate--threw the rider--rider could have jumped back on--and Mistie could have still caught them at the wire and won. :D Hope the backers were happy with their $3.60 payoff

*it is more than we collected :lol:

NorCalGreg
09-21-2015, 10:52 PM
R-4 :4: Anagazandra CL 5K 1M TR -SOPHIE RICHGELS --JOCK-FIGEROA 12-1 ML

Never heard of this trainer--her record looks horrible--but something is up with this horse. She has a sweet Power Win (under a different trainer) in July, but but shows like 7 races in 8 weeks. For any TIPS disciples--this horse's running lines are looking very "manufactured". I'll try to type out her last 4 if you don't have MNR PP's:

**--30 AUG 1M 7-10* 6-10* 6-15* 6-21
**--22 AUG 6F 8-6* 8-13* 6-6* 5-3
**--11 AUG 1M 7-9* 7-7* 5-11* 5-8
**--22 JULY 1M 3NK* 1-5* 1-9* 1-9

BTW...Trainer Richgels is also the owner. There are no works showing for Anagazandra-she's getting her work in live races.Not exactly Prime bet material, but intriguing-- $10 W w/P saver

The other alleged Longshot is in the 6th.

RACE-6 :2: GRANDISCRETION 5F CL 5K SANCHEZ/LAGUNES 10/1 ML

The reason I say "alleged" is despite the 10-1 ML....sometimes you think you have a sweet longshot--come home from work or where ever--and find out your longshot paid $4.80 to win. :D
Someone mention Quirin speed points other day, and how they spent their precious handicapping time figuring their own. I mean you can do all that, make your own pace, speed, class, dosage, impact values, velocity, coefficient ratings...OR---, open up any racing publication, and figure out how to get all that stuff already done--if you can't find it, my philosophy is...you don't need it.
Getting back to the 6th race @ Mnr.. :2: GRANDISCRETION is an E-8, the next closest is E-4 U SO GRAND. Couple other "E's", rest are all "P's" He daylights the field in Early Pace. Plus he's back in 16 days.
Last Race-Speed Bias for the past week: 100% for 9 races....Grandiscretion is out of the killer 1 hole even though his saddle cloth is the 2. I'll take a flyer on the chance he wires this field --10W/P
Good Luck
-NCG

Wrap up the 2 longshot picks real quick--they didn't do much. First one... Anagazandra was a stab, never got going, never a factor.

The 2nd pick, Mr Quirin speed points, the lone E-8 by a mile, actually tried to come from off the pace :D heck don't ask me. 6 strides after the gate opened-- the race was over for that one--he had to grab the lead, extend it @ the 2nd call, head for home in an easy gallop--didn't do any of that. Finished 3rd but that was more due to the weak field. Last week was one of my best of the year--the Gambling Gods have a way of taking a man down a notch or 2.
-NCG