PDA

View Full Version : Scott Walker Drops Out

ReplayRandall
09-21-2015, 07:04 PM
Count me as one of the many who thought this guy had a chance....Wow, was I ever wrong:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/scott-walker-to-quit-presidential-race-2015-09-21

zico20
09-21-2015, 07:42 PM
Count me as one of the many who thought this guy had a chance....Wow, was I ever wrong:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/scott-walker-to-quit-presidential-race-2015-09-21

Everybody has to be wrong every once in awhile. I heard you were long, long overdue. ;)

I for one am glad he dropped out. He offered nothing at the debate. He was flat and boring. What I would like to see at the next debate is only candidates who are polling at 2% or better. I hope they don't keep it at 10 just for the sake of having 10. If you can't be polling at 2% in October you don't belong on the national stage.

classhandicapper
09-21-2015, 07:52 PM
When I knew very little about him I was hoping he was going to be the guy that broke out from the field, but even after the first debate you could tell he didn't have "it".

pandy
09-21-2015, 08:04 PM
Since Reagan won, things have changed. Personality is more important than anything. If you're dull or appear to be a stiff, you have no shot. And you don't have to woo everyone. Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W, Obama, even though a lot of people on the other side hated them, they all won because they were charismatic speakers who weren't afraid to show their true personality. It's basically a popularity contest now. That's one of the reasons why Trump is doing so well. Yes, liberals hate him, but millions watched his reality business themed shows and on those shows he came across as a nice guy who is generous and friendly. Trump is certainly not boring.

Chaka26
09-21-2015, 08:27 PM
Dull & stiff = mccain.
Disaster of trying to scurry palin thru at 11th hr before she could open her mouth trying to steal the womens vote

Still laugh everytime I hear the phrase palin talks like her mind is lost in a cul de sac and she doesnt know how to get out

ArlJim78
09-21-2015, 08:40 PM
I like both Walker and Perry, and respect their leadership at the state level. Disappointed to see them both of them bow out taking sore-loser type swipes at Donald Trump.

mostpost
09-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Since Reagan won, things have changed. Personality is more important than anything. If you're dull or appear to be a stiff, you have no shot. And you don't have to woo everyone. Reagan, Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, George W, Obama, even though a lot of people on the other side hated them, they all won because they were charismatic speakers who weren't afraid to show their true personality. It's basically a popularity contest now. That's one of the reasons why Trump is doing so well. Yes, liberals hate him, but millions watched his reality business themed shows and on those shows he came across as a nice guy who is generous and friendly. Trump is certainly not boring.I never considered Jimmy Carter nor George W. Bush to be charismatic. Carter won because Ford was even less charismatic and because of the Nixon fall out. Bush won because he cheated.

Reagan was an actor who knew how to play charismatic. Personality played a role in Presidential elections long before Reagan. Examples would be Kennedy, Eisenhower, FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Andrew Jackson and probably others I am not aware of. Some of these also had ability.
Oh yeah, and Lyndon Johnson.

Tom
09-21-2015, 10:36 PM
LBJ was the greatest democrat president in history.
He knew he was over his head and decided not to run again.

You still hanging onto that Bush cheated nonsense?

Hey Dan, here's another one for ya. :lol: :lol: :lol:

pandy
09-21-2015, 10:38 PM
I never considered Jimmy Carter nor George W. Bush to be charismatic. Carter won because Ford was even less charismatic and because of the Nixon fall out. Bush won because he cheated.

Reagan was an actor who knew how to play charismatic. Personality played a role in Presidential elections long before Reagan. Examples would be Kennedy, Eisenhower, FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Andrew Jackson and probably others I am not aware of. Some of these also had ability.
Oh yeah, and Lyndon Johnson.

Yeah, but those guys had qualifications. Good point though, personality has been important. Al Gore had no shot, no charisma.

horses4courses
09-21-2015, 10:42 PM
I wonder who will get a boost from Walker's supporters?
All zero percent of them............. :lol:

NJ Stinks
09-22-2015, 12:09 AM
Nice to see Scotty roll up his sleeves and do a little self weeding. :rolleyes:

Quoth the Walker:

“Today I believe I am being called to lead by helping to clear the field in this race so that a positive conservative message can rise to the top of the field,” Walker said in Madison, Wis. He urged others to do the same to give voters a choice among a limited number of people who can offer “a positive conservative alternative to the current front-runner.”

Link:http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/scott-walker-an-early-contender-makes-surprise-exit-from-2016-race/2015/09/21/3b7929fa-60a3-11e5-b38e-06883aacba64_story.html

highnote
09-22-2015, 12:24 AM
"He urged others to do the same to give voters a choice among a limited number of people who can offer “a positive conservative alternative to the current front-runner.”

The current front-runner is Bush. Who is the positive conservative alternative to Bush that he would like to see?

reckless
09-22-2015, 08:27 AM
Nice to see Scotty roll up his sleeves and do a little self weeding. :rolleyes:

Quoth the Walker:

“Today I believe I am being called to lead by helping to clear the field in this race so that a positive conservative message can rise to the top of the field,” Walker said in Madison, Wis. He urged others to do the same to give voters a choice among a limited number of people who can offer “a positive conservative alternative to the current front-runner.”

Link:http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/scott-walker-an-early-contender-makes-surprise-exit-from-2016-race/2015/09/21/3b7929fa-60a3-11e5-b38e-06883aacba64_story.html

Stinks, you might remember this but early last year Scott Walker was just about the first one being whispered as the kind of Republican who could win the White House. He was on a local radio show --Larry Kudlow?-- and Walker was asked about a position of his that might not bode well with the GOP base, meaning conservatives. That issue was illegal immigration and Walker was on the record for being for 'comprehensive immigration reform' -- GOP code for open borders and amnesty.

Walker didn't defend this position nor denied having saving it. But he did say that 'for the GOP to win we must open our tent and appeal to not just conservatives, but moderates, Democrats, minorities.' Walker's definition of a GOP big tent just described Donald Trump, no?

Walker just lost the battle of wits and solutions to Trump (and about 13 others) and now he's saying Trump isn't a conservative and must be stopped. So much for the big tent, eh Scottie?

I once had Walker in my top Five and this brief campaign showed us he clearly is a lightweight with no real core values. He's proven to be a typical Wisconsin know-it-all and once you get to know that type you realize how shallow and out of touch they truly are.

And if you don't believe that, just think Reince Priebus and Paul Ryan.

reckless
09-22-2015, 08:31 AM
The current front-runner is Bush. Who is the positive conservative alternative to Bush that he would like to see?

highnote... that's the joke the GOP establishment is playing right now.

They say Trump isn't a conservative but yet, the mainstream GOP contenders are Jeb! Kasich, Christie, and now little darling Carly, and each have very liberal and RINO positions and records.

Robert Goren
09-22-2015, 09:01 AM
Walker had no idea how to run for office on national scale. He is not the only governor to have this problem. I thought he had an outside chance until the first debate where he clearly appeared small in stature both physically and as candidate. I guess the truth is that he never the support of anybody of anybody but the union bashers. That was not enough.

Saratoga_Mike
09-22-2015, 09:18 AM
highnote... that's the joke the GOP establishment is playing right now.

They say Trump isn't a conservative but yet, the mainstream GOP contenders are Jeb! Kasich, Christie, and now little darling Carly, and each have very liberal and RINO positions and records.

Did Jeb, not too long ago, support single-payor healthcare?

Did CC, not too long ago, support massive curbs on gun rights?

Did Kasich donate money to Teddy Kennedy?

Did Carly call for a massive wealth tax?

Yeah Trump's a real conservative. How anyone can buy into his BS is beyond me.

Trump will say, "well look at Reagan." What a moronic statement. Reagan's transformation from liberal Dem to conservative was in the 1950s. More importantly, it was genuine.

Trump is PT Barnum, and there's a sucker born everyday. He will NOT be the nominee.

Tom
09-22-2015, 09:30 AM
I guess the truth is that he never the support of anybody of anybody but the union bashers. That was not enough.

You meant tax payers?

Tom
09-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Trump is PT Barnum, and there's a sucker born everyday. He will NOT be the nominee.

Does it really matter?
Look at the other dancing hyenas left standing?
Motley lot at best.
No conservatives in the group.

davew
09-22-2015, 10:20 AM
When I knew very little about him I was hoping he was going to be the guy that broke out from the field, but even after the first debate you could tell he didn't have "it".

He is still young, can regroup and try again anytime in next 20 years.

classhandicapper
09-22-2015, 12:12 PM
No conservatives in the group.

Cruz is a conservative (maybe more libertarian) and probably has 10-15 IQ points no one else on either side of the election has going for them. That's why the liberals hate him so much and have been trying to damage him every time he has a small political misstep.

I can't vouch for these quotes, but I've never seen them refuted.

Liberal Harvard law prof, Alan Dershowitz told the Daily Caller that Ted Cruz was among the smartest students he ever taught. He says that he and Cruz would debate while Dershowitz’s class would watch:

“He had brilliant insights and he was clearly among the top students, as revealed by his class responses.”

Howard Fineman:

"At Harvard Law School, he was — the professors were in awe of his intellect....."

Tom
09-22-2015, 12:45 PM
He looks too much Grandpa from the Munsters for my taste.

Robert Goren
09-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Cruz is a conservative (maybe more libertarian) and probably has 10-15 IQ points no one else on either side of the election has going for them. That's why the liberals hate him so much and have been trying to damage him every time he has a small political misstep.

I can't vouch for these quotes, but I've never seen them refuted.

Liberal Harvard law prof, Alan Dershowitz told the Daily Caller that Ted Cruz was among the smartest students he ever taught. He says that he and Cruz would debate while Dershowitz’s class would watch:

“He had brilliant insights and he was clearly among the top students, as revealed by his class responses.”

Howard Fineman:

"At Harvard Law School, he was — the professors were in awe of his intellect. Even if they disagreed with him, which they did vehemently, these people knew that — this guy was trained under the Federalist Society second-generation Republican wave. In other words, not the Reagan years, but these years.”Ted Cruz and Alan Dershowitz have at least one thing in common, they are first class jerks to anybody who has to deal with them. A good trait for a lawyer. A terrible trait for a politician. If Cruz is elected president, he will accomplish as much as he has as a senator, nothing. It does matter how wonder your ideas are, if you can not bring them to fruition. Talking about doing something is one thing, getting it done is another.

reckless
09-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Did Jeb, not too long ago, support single-payor healthcare?

Jeb probably doesn't support single payer healthcare or you else wouldn't have asked this question. But, Jeb does support Common Core, open borders and amnesty -- both ultra liberal, out-of-the-mainstream positions. He also never took on the public sector unions in Florida like Scott Walker did.

Thru big brother G. W. Bush, Jeb is OK with massive increases in Medicaid expenditures, which can't be dismissed lightly either. All these are big liberal positions to have, yet, Jeb wants people to think he is a conservative.

I could also tell you that the phony GOP establishment, with their poster boy Jeb front and center, that they will not do away with Obama Care if Jeb wins the 2016 election. They will only change the name and bury it under Medicaid.

The real suckers were people like you who believed the GOP in 2012 and 2014 when they ran on repealing, replacing, defunding and fixing Obama Care if they won majorities in Congress which they did. And, today, only the suckers are the ones that now believe the GOP when they say they need to win the Presidency too. They could with Trump, but they don't want that because their corrupt donors don't want that.

The true phonies are the RINOs in the GOP who lied to us. Once again, they will not do away with Obama Care if Jeb wins the 2016 election. They didn't do it when they promised us they'd rid the country of Obama Care if they won the Senate. They didn't even though they had (and still have) the means to do such a thing. These are the GOP leaders that want Trump gone, as do you.

The establishment GOP also said they would secure the border too. So, who are the liars again??

Did CC, not too long ago, support massive curbs on gun rights?

Since Chris Christie only says what is primarily on the minds of the people he's talking to at that moment, I am sure he once said he is all for the 2nd Amendment.

He wants people to think he's a real tough guy, being from New Jersey and all. He's the real PT Barnum of the GOP, but so what? Talk about someone who can't win and won't be the nominee, it's Chris Christie, the real clown in the room. I could go on and on about the phony CC but he isn't worth one more second.

Did Kasich donate money to Teddy Kennedy?

Again Mike, I know you have the answer to all these questions.

No, Kasich didn't give money to Ted Kennedy or Hillary Clinton, or even Al Sharpton, or Charlie Rangel, or any other Democrat you want to throw at me. The Donald probably did all that.

But Trump also wasn't the governor of Ohio like Kasich is and Trump did not take Medicaid money from Obama like Kasich did, put it in his state's general operating fund, then used those monies to 'balance' the state budget... and then proclaim himself to be a great governor as Kasich did.

Trump was upfront about his donations and why he did it. It was the lying John Kasich -- did you know he is the son of a mailman? -- who did the deceiving to the citizens of Ohio.

Did Carly call for a massive wealth tax?

No, besides trying to prop up her failing aspirations by personally targeting Trump, the phony Carly Fiorina has never called for a massive wealth tax.

Why should she do such a thing? Is it because she's a conservative as you imply? No, that's not the reason by any means.

She wouldn't do that because through her immoral and probably illegal activity of cooking the books at Lucent Technologies, she made millions with stock performance options. She cashed in those millions worth of options even though Lucent later paid a fine for cooking the books under Carly.

Carly then parlayed that 'success' into the CEO job at Hewlett-Packard where she failed miserably again and fired thousands of employees, once more personally making millions with the H-P stock options.

She then acquired Compaq Computers the dying computer manufacturer at the height of the market. She did all this against the advice and wishes of her board and also from Bill Packard, the revered son of the founder. She earned a big bonus doing that even though it eventually led to her ouster, which she won't explain in detail right now.

Today, H-P is a shell of its former self, thanks to Carly.

Yet despite this monstrous failure, our girl Carly ran against Barbara Boxer for the Senate. Oh yeah, she got the GOP nod by running as a liberal against a conservative. She later demeaned the attractive Mrs. Boxer's hair style, very classy, then proceeded to lose the race by 20+ points or so. Chalk up another success by RINO darling Carly.

You can have her, Mike; Carly's a bigger loser than even Kasich and Christie.

Yeah Trump's a real conservative. How anyone can buy into his BS is beyond me.

What BS are you talking about? Do you think it is BS that Trump wants to build a wall on our southern border? BS to end sanctuary cities or deport millions of criminal illegal aliens? Is it BS that Trump says that all these trade deals we've made -- made mostly with the establishment GOP's imprimatur all over them. Is it BS that he wants to tear up the Iran nuclear deal? Bush and Christie and some others aren't on record against this suicide pact but Trump and the conservative candidates are. Kasich, a good catholic, is on record of saying we must 'respect' these Islamo terrorists. :lol: :lol:

As I have said here numerous times already: the three biggest issues confronting this country are (1) illegal immigration and amnesty; (2) national security; (3) jobs and the economy.

Trump is the only one that has addressed these issues. Trump said he'll build a wall and deport the illegals who are here already, support and provide for our military and our veterans since people like Obama, Kerry, John McCain and Lindsay Graham have all failed on this issue and weakened national security. He said he'll also turn around and grow this dead US economy, which will create jobs.

What exactly has Jeb, Christie (since being governor, NJ ranks 49th in job growth), Carly, and a few others such as Mitt Romney ever done about creating jobs and growing the economy?

Nothing on their long records have ever suggested they could. Trump's record and success says he definitely could get done what he said he would.

I don't know you at all except that you are probably a horse racing fan, but what makes you so sure Trump won't be the nominee? I recall on PA and on cable TV 4 years ago experts said that 'Mitt Romney is the only candidate that could beat Obama?' Are you an expert too?

Also, calling citizens and everyday people names such as sucker only gives fodder to conservatives like myself who say that it is the RINOs who are the real reason this country is in the toilet right now, and not Democrats.

RINOs don't stand for anything but they do lay down for everything.

NJ Stinks
09-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Reckless, nobody can question your passion when it comes to political beliefs.

reckless
09-22-2015, 07:01 PM
Reckless, nobody can question your passion when it comes to political beliefs.

Thanks Stinks.

For better or worse I have consistently been a conservative since a very young age. And I've never wavered in those beliefs. I may have held my nose voting for some of these phony GOPers at times but that's over too. And I am not alone, I am sure of that.

banacek
09-22-2015, 07:27 PM
He looks too much Grandpa from the Munsters for my taste.

I see the resemblance Tom, but he seems closer to another 60s TV character - Mr. Haney from Green Acres (even the voice)

fast4522
09-22-2015, 07:31 PM
Just maybe holding out for all we might want (both sides) sinks our country. Trump admits he bought both sides as a routine part of doing business. One can hardly doubt his candor and direct understanding of our problems. He says things that are taboo that have people wanting to hear more, and other politicians cringe because of what they have to say is less interesting to them. He says he would round up all the illegal's that are gang members and criminals first sweep.
Just doing that alone would be more that any President has done in the last twenty years combined. Myself I could not give a rats ass about any gang banger in handcuffs being deported in a fast track operation.

classhandicapper
09-22-2015, 07:33 PM
Ted Cruz and Alan Dershowitz have at least one thing in common, they are first class jerks to anybody who has to deal with them. A good trait for a lawyer. A terrible trait for a politician. If Cruz is elected president, he will accomplish as much as he has as a senator, nothing. It does matter how wonder your ideas are, if you can not bring them to fruition. Talking about doing something is one thing, getting it done is another.

This is why I've said that I think he may be better in the Newt Gingrich role being a pain in the ass to liberals rather than the presidency.

Tom
09-23-2015, 07:42 AM
I see the resemblance Tom, but he seems closer to another 60s TV character - Mr. Haney from Green Acres (even the voice)

OK, I know when I'm beat!
This is the winner!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Tom
09-23-2015, 07:43 AM
I am 100% in favor of single-payer health insurance.
The guy who gets is pays for it, no one else.

Rookies
09-24-2015, 07:50 PM
Off the top of my head, I believe someone posted possibilities shortly after Obama won the last time.

I strongly believed Rubio would be an easy front runner and would have said Walker would be chasing him closely- given the relative success of his workplace issues.

Who woulda, coulda thunk that a total whack job like the Donald would be dominating the Con field with b.s. & bluster? Just because you yell, disgusting stuff out that the hoi polloi want to say, but can't, doesn't mean you're remotely qualified to be elected to the most powerful office in the free world!

Shocked.. :eek: at the steamroller of crap, that comes out of his mouth. No doubt, personality is key, along with not being caught out as a slack jawed rube, like a certain Texas Governor.

Funny, how so many of the candidates from both sides, have such skeletons in their closets and are really neither liked- nor admired. Sad prospects and pickings, really for America.

Robert Goren
09-24-2015, 07:54 PM
Off the top of my head, I believe someone posted possibilities shortly after Obama won the last time.

I strongly believed Rubio would be an easy front runner and would have said Walker would be chasing him closely- given the relative success of his workplace issues.

Who woulda, coulda thunk that a total whack job like the Donald would be dominating the Con field with b.s. & bluster? Just because you yell, disgusting stuff out that the hoi polloi want to say, but can't, doesn't mean you're remotely qualified to be elected to the most powerful office in the free world!

Shocked.. :eek: at the steamroller of crap, that comes out of his mouth. No doubt, personality is key, along with not being caught out as a slack jawed rube, like a certain Texas Governor.

Funny, how so many of the candidates from both sides, have such skeletons in their closets and are really neither liked- nor admired. Sad prospects and pickings, really for America.What is sad is they actual think they can keep their skeletons in the closet when they run for president.

Robert Goren
09-24-2015, 08:18 PM
I could also tell you that the phony GOP establishment, with their poster boy Jeb front and center, that they will not do away with Obama Care if Jeb wins the 2016 election. They will only change the name and bury it under Medicaid.

The real suckers were people like you who believed the GOP in 2012 and 2014 when they ran on repealing, replacing, defunding and fixing Obama Care if they won majorities in Congress which they did. And, today, only the suckers are the ones that now believe the GOP when they say they need to win the Presidency too. It is not the "RINOS" or business republicans that have let you down. They are what they are and you know what get when you vote for one. It is the Tea Party republicans that have let you down. It is them that promised you the moon, but won't even deliver a meteorite. They have been around since 2010 have done any thing except a few things around the edge of "moral issues" like outlaw ADWs in Texas. The tea party guys have been around for years but never could get elected. Then the Tea Party came along and they get themselves elected somehow and now they just sit back and enjoy the perks of elected office. All they have and all they do is make speech for the suckers back home. They have no idea how to get a bill passed and are not about to learn. If they actually did something, the suckers, er, voters might expect them to do more. It is easier to nothing and complain about how Obama, the media, and the RINOs is blocking them doing anything. If they really wanted get rid of say Obamacare, they could by doing the same things Obama did to get it passed, but that would mean they actually have to do some work.

Tom
09-24-2015, 09:11 PM
It is the Tea Party republicans that have let you down.

They are the only ones who have stood up for the people.
But hey, enjoy your delusions. Obama Care can't help you with them anyway. :lol: :lol:

Robert Goren
09-25-2015, 07:07 AM
They are the only ones who have stood up for the people.
But hey, enjoy your delusions. Obama Care can't help you with them anyway. :lol: :lol:Stood up and done what except run their mouths like every other politician?

elysiantraveller
09-25-2015, 10:46 AM
Stood up and done what except run their mouths like every other politician?

Agreed.

The Tea Party has been an absolute disaster from immediately after it's creation. A disaster for the GOP, congress, and the country.

What started out as a very unique, organic, and new-wave movement was quickly perverted by every crazy with an agenda.

The Tea Party is an example of why groups have mission statements.

PaceAdvantage
09-26-2015, 07:36 AM
Awwww Rookies, The Donald ain't so bad...you're just not used to him...lol

As for the Tea Party, it seems Ely has been drinking the kool aid from their critics...

elysiantraveller
09-26-2015, 08:24 AM
Awwww Rookies, The Donald ain't so bad...you're just not used to him...lol

As for the Tea Party, it seems Ely has been drinking the kool aid from their critics...

The Tea Party started out largely as a libertarian anti-tax and anti-regulation gross roots entity. It's now morphed jnto something completely different embracing so many different agenda's, like staunch social conservatism, that it doesn't really have an identity.

Its not drinking the kool-aid nor is it inaccurate to say it started out simply as a anti-tax movement. Now its name is much more ambiguous.

Tom
09-26-2015, 10:42 AM
Funny Rookies can complain about Trump when HE has that mayor up there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

fast4522
09-26-2015, 09:18 PM
The Tea Party started out largely as a libertarian anti-tax and anti-regulation gross roots entity. It's now morphed jnto something completely different embracing so many different agenda's, like staunch social conservatism, that it doesn't really have an identity.

Its not drinking the kool-aid nor is it inaccurate to say it started out simply as a anti-tax movement. Now its name is much more ambiguous.

Just how sure are you about that, I see that the numbers are growing that are anti establishment independent voters who will prove to be very problematic for the left in the next election.

elysiantraveller
09-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Just how sure are you about that, I see that the numbers are growing that are anti establishment independent voters who will prove to be very problematic for the left in the next election.

I'm very sure.

You kinda are making my point. Now Tea Party equals Anti-establishment? Not really...

Look at Bernies numbers which are obviously anti-establishment and tell me those are tea party voters.

Hell, look at wikipedia's definition of the Tea Party:

The Tea Party does not have a single uniform agenda. The decentralized character of the Tea Party, with its lack of formal structure or hierarchy, allows each autonomous group to set its own priorities and goals. Goals may conflict, and priorities will often differ between groups.

Kinda rings to my point of having a mission statement. Everyone has their own opinion of what the Tea Party is... On this forum we have tea party supporters supporting Trump which is hilarious since he actually wants to tax the rich! The tea party is in reality is a group of right wing contrarians who have accomplished nothing.

Goren is right.

rastajenk
09-27-2015, 01:45 PM
Well, if Wiki says it, it must be true. :eek:

I get emails from the local TEA party, and they are never about "staunch social conservatism." They are about affecting change within constitutional restraints to make governments at all levels more efficient and accountable. If the TEA party hasn't accomplished enough in Washington to impress you, maybe you should look at more local levels. It's a long march.

ArlJim78
09-27-2015, 01:59 PM
Those rebelling on the left supporting Bernie Sanders have a lot in common with the tea party. at the core they are both against the status quo system which favors the rich and connected. The big difference is on the left they blame the rich for being too rich and want government to punish them and bring about fairness, on the right the blame is put on big intrusive government and think the solution is to push back on Washington's relentless push to control and manage every aspect of our lives. if both sides could ever get over their small differences and unite, the Washington cartel vs the middle class and the poor, you'd have a revolution in the making.

elysiantraveller
09-27-2015, 07:22 PM
Well, if Wiki says it, it must be true. :eek:

I get emails from the local TEA party, and they are never about "staunch social conservatism." They are about affecting change within constitutional restraints to make governments at all levels more efficient and accountable. If the TEA party hasn't accomplished enough in Washington to impress you, maybe you should look at more local levels. It's a long march.

Key word in that whole post is local. Wiki agrees with you.

elysiantraveller
09-27-2015, 07:24 PM
Those rebelling on the left supporting Bernie Sanders have a lot in common with the tea party. at the core they are both against the status quo system which favors the rich and connected. The big difference is on the left they blame the rich for being too rich and want government to punish them and bring about fairness, on the right the blame is put on big intrusive government and think the solution is to push back on Washington's relentless push to control and manage every aspect of our lives. if both sides could ever get over their small differences and unite, the Washington cartel vs the middle class and the poor, you'd have a revolution in the making.

Except for the people on the right who identify as TPers and are supporting Trump as anti-establishment when he too wants to tax the rich.

NorCalGreg
09-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Funny Rookies can complain about Trump when HE has that mayor up there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In other news....the Honorable Rob Ford calls the Dali Lama an "Out of Control Crack Head"