PDA

View Full Version : somebody tell me, what in the world is wrong with these guys at the drf

freeneasy
06-08-2004, 04:31 PM
i mean who in the world is doing their thinking for them.
with the vegas racing advance no longer coming out to the west coast i've been forced to go back to the Daily Racing Crap err err form, i mean daily racing form. and what do i get, same old frustrating junk. 4 tracks max or should i say 3 1/2 tracks. yeah 3 and a half tracks cause thats exactly what it is 3 and a half tracks.
for the west coast edition you get full cards printed at hollywood and bay meadows but for belmont and churchill you get a full card at one track and the card for the other track starts off in the 5th race. one day it will be belmont whose entire card is printed and churchill's card will start in the 5th. next day vise versa. churchill has their whole card printed up while the bemont printing starts off with the 5th race. i mean theres no 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th races. they start off with the handicappers page with consensus then the sweep/graded handicap page then when you turn the next page to go to the first race there is no 1st race. or 2nd or 3rd or 4th. it just starts off with the 5th race.
oh, and then they throw in an extra track or two i suppose as a token i guess to make up for the missing races at the previous tracks like lone star and arlington but all you get here is the last two races on the card. i mean you tell me, what in the world is going on with these moronic baffoons down at the Daily Racing Crap err err form, i mean daily racing form, that they cant see something as completely stupid as this 3 1/2 races crap and at least get that figured out. i mean i dont know what you guys talk about in those coffe break conference meetings of yours but it sure aint about the fans who purchase your run of the muck products. and thats fosho festus.

Zman179
06-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Sounds like someone who needs to start printing their own pp's from the internet.

takeout
06-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Zman179
Sounds like someone who needs to start printing their own pp's from the internet.
It sounds to me like everybody needs to! :rolleyes: That's the strangest thing I've ever heard.

Hey Free, maybe that's the first big change by the new ownership. :D

freeneasy
06-08-2004, 07:06 PM
its like bizzarro world at the drf:D

Zman179
06-08-2004, 07:39 PM
But, I can understand where "freeneasy" is coming from. I've seen some of the editions that he's talking about where they'll abbreviate the pp's for a specific track. Normally it'll cut off the races that are not being simulcasted by the local tracks. Here in NY, they'll do it often for Yavapai and Fairplex.

Still, nothing beats printing your own pp's. Me personally, I'll buy the print version of DRF over printing my own pp's if I plan on betting more than one full card in a day. If playing more than 2 tracks, it actually becomes cheaper to pay the $5 for a drf than it would to pay for all the ink used to print the pp's at home.

Tom
06-08-2004, 09:50 PM
It is like the don't want you to buy the print editions of the PPs so they go out of their way to do a crappy job. But with Sim Weekly, they don't want you to have it on line and they don't want yuou to have the print editions either-they had a real noice set up with mailing it out, woeked for years and years, then they changed it and made it competley unattainable to many peope and balmed it on the poost office. BS-it wa DRFs own cheap decision to not use the mail method that was already wroking to save a few bucks,
Hey, if DRF wnat so to save money, they could start by firing half the morons that work there and hiring one or people with a half a brain.
DRF is a joke.
If you read between the lines, their marketing slogan is,:Hey. look at all the new data we are offering theses days....and a lot of it is accurate, too!"

Buckeye
06-08-2004, 10:38 PM
But it's up to them to realize they could make more money if they improved their product. Personally, I doubt they will. It's kind of pointless to complain about them, although I do support it :cool:

kenwoodallpromos
06-08-2004, 11:07 PM
I think it is real sweet how on the DRF website they refer to their own speed figures and track variants as "old style"!
Tracks need to align starting times better.
Getting jumbled up tracks and races from the paper copy is how I perfected my show method, but 1 race from a track is jusy weird and not worth messing with.

KingChas
06-09-2004, 12:27 AM
Pretty soon Steven will proclaim his 2yr old MSW winner next KD winner 2005.Then Andrew will pick the KD winner the 1st Saturday in February 2005 after big BSF in 7f race.(SUBJECT TO CHANGE)(SOS)Just can't wait!

kenwoodallpromos
06-09-2004, 01:16 AM
I have my 2005 eye on Lunarpal.