PDA

View Full Version : Drive by media

magwell
09-20-2015, 11:36 AM
First they are upset that Trump didn't defend Obama when some one said he was a Muslim and then they are upset when Carson said a Muslim shouldn't be President ..........:rolleyes:

Tom
09-20-2015, 12:58 PM
It's not up to Trump to defend Obama.
Barry's a big boy - he can defend himself.

The questioner was an obvious DNC plant.

Jeb couldn't wait to defend the Kenyan Krackpot, though.
One more strike.

Remember who started the birther movement, lefties......HILLARY. :lol: :lol:

Robert Goren
09-20-2015, 05:00 PM
It's not up to Trump to defend Obama.
Barry's a big boy - he can defend himself.

The questioner was an obvious DNC plant.

Jeb couldn't wait to defend the Kenyan Krackpot, though.
One more strike.

Remember who started the birther movement, lefties......HILLARY. :lol: :lol: It is up to all legit presidential candidates to put an end to falsehoods about anybody. You don't like Obama's policies and that is OK. What is not OK is spreading lies about his religion because you can not convince enough people oppose his policies on their merits. Things like show how desperate Obama's distracters are.
If the questioner was an DNC plant, it work better than they dared to hope because Trump did not offend his base by answering with what he knows to be the truth. Trump did what he always does. He let the question slide and then the next day tried to back away from what his answer or non answer. He has pulled this same stunt at least 5 times since he has entered the race.

mostpost
09-20-2015, 05:01 PM
First they are upset that Trump didn't defend Obama when some one said he was a Muslim and then they are upset when Carson said a Muslim shouldn't be President ..........:rolleyes:
Obama doesn't need anyone to defend him, especially not Trump. The problem was that Trump did not correct the questioner when he not only said Obama was a Muslim, but also said he was not a citizen. Both of those statements have been proven false more times than I can count.

As for Carson, saying that a Muslim shouldn't be President is the same as saying a Black shouldn't be President or a woman shouldn't be President. All such sentiments are based on prejudice and ignorance.

classhandicapper
09-20-2015, 05:21 PM
No one would accuse Obama of being a Muslim if he wasn't so obviously a Muslim sympathizer while being president of a country that has historically supported Israel for a variety of reasons. Instead they would focus on what he actually believes in. He freely attended a church headed by Jeremiah Wright, a man full of hate, an anti-Semite, and an America hater, and didn't say a word against him until it was politically advantageous to do so.

zico20
09-20-2015, 05:30 PM
It is up to all legit presidential candidates to put an end to falsehoods about anybody. You don't like Obama's policies and that is OK. What is not OK is spreading lies about his religion because you can not convince enough people oppose his policies on their merits. Things like show how desperate Obama's distracters are.
If the questioner was an DNC plant, it work better than they dared to hope because Trump did not offend his base by answering with what he knows to be the truth. Trump did what he always does. He let the question slide and then the next day tried to back away from what his answer or non answer. He has pulled this same stunt at least 5 times since he has entered the race.

I didn't see you bashing Sanders for not criticizing Hillary when Hillary said the Republicans were terrorists. I guess for you it only works one way. How do we know that Obama isn't a closeted Muslim. How do we know he doesn't pray to Allah five times a day in private. His actions and words over the past 7 years clearly point out that he favors Muslims over Christians. Who would honestly humiliate their own religion on purpose. Obama does, so that makes me question his sincerity that he is a Christian.

It is not up to candidates to end falsehoods. God knows there will be hundreds of them come TV ads time.

Robert Goren
09-20-2015, 05:40 PM
No one would accuse Obama of being a Muslim if he wasn't so obviously a Muslim sympathizer while being president of a country that has historically supported Israel for a variety of reasons. Instead they would focus on what he actually believes in. He freely attended a church headed by Jeremiah Wright, a man full of hate, an anti-Semite, and an America hater, and didn't say a word against him until it was politically advantageous to do so. No one ever accused Wright of being a Muslim. The truth be know most evangelical Christians have more in common with Islam than Obama. Perhaps the biggest agreement between the two religion is on abortion.

zico20
09-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Obama doesn't need anyone to defend him, especially not Trump. The problem was that Trump did not correct the questioner when he not only said Obama was a Muslim, but also said he was not a citizen. Both of those statements have been proven false more times than I can count.

As for Carson, saying that a Muslim shouldn't be President is the same as saying a Black shouldn't be President or a woman shouldn't be President. All such sentiments are based on prejudice and ignorance.

You can prove Obama is an American, but not a Christian. How about the gay Republican who came out against same sex marriages and voted against gay rights. Guess which party accused him of not being gay. Same scenario here. Obama is anti Christian with his comments and actions. No different than the gay Republican. You can't prove the guy isn't gay, but the Democrats tried. I don't remember who he was, I just remember reading about it.

Marshall Bennett
09-20-2015, 07:15 PM
Trump should have ignored the jerk and gone on to the next question. It was obviously a setup.

Tom
09-20-2015, 07:46 PM
It is up to all legit presidential candidates to put an end to falsehoods about anybody. No, it is not. It is up them to explain to us how they will act as our representative, nothing more.

You don't like Obama's policies and that is OK. What is not OK is spreading lies about his religion because you can not convince enough people oppose his policies on their merits. Oh, boy that is so stupid, it deserves no reply!
Things like show how desperate Obama's distracters are.

You mean how desperate Hillary's people are. That guy was a Hillary operative, no doubt about it. She has pulled this play before. And it was SHE who started the birther movement. and Obama is not running, so wake up Bobby.

Trump handled it well. He remarked something bout oh boy, this is the first question? Then he turned it into a legitimate answer based on the topic - Obama's "war" on Christianity.

Tom
09-20-2015, 07:50 PM
The problem was that Trump did not correct the questioner when he not only said Obama was a Muslim, but also said he was not a citizen. Both of those statements have been proven false more times than I can count.

Not his job to do that.
Sorry if you feel that being called a muslim is an insult.
I bet a lot of mulsims would take you aside to discuss that. :eek:

Anyway, it was HILLARY who started that birther thing. And yet you support HER? :lol: :lol: :lol:

davew
09-20-2015, 10:38 PM
It is up to all legit presidential candidates to put an end to falsehoods about anybody. You don't like Obama's policies and that is OK. What is not OK is spreading lies about his religion because you can not convince enough people oppose his policies on their merits. Things like show how desperate Obama's distracters are.

so candidates have a higher standard than people sitting in Congress?

Harry Reid lies, and then shrugs 'it worked didn't it?'

Greyfox
09-21-2015, 02:25 AM
The problem was that Trump did not correct the questioner when he not only said Obama was a Muslim, but also said he was not a citizen.

Do you know any Christians anywhere who would ever say this even as a
Freudian slip???

XKGdkqfBICw

magwell
09-21-2015, 09:10 AM
The news media is trying to make the questioning of Muslims as a security risk off limits and politically incorrect. Except Trump who is notorious for bringing up things no one else dare talk about. The media is also trying to make the issue of Obama as a Muslim off limits. It won't work since Obama has made his behavior as obvious that he may in fact be what he says he isn't. ..... ;)

FantasticDan
09-21-2015, 12:13 PM
It wasn't a Freudian slip, he was trying to make a discussion point about how the McCain camp hadn't directly accused him of being a Muslim, but there had been significant efforts regardless to accuse him of such.

Ironically, that out of context snippet was then widely circulated to again accuse him of the exact thing he was complaining about..

See how far some folks have come in 7 years? :bang: :D

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslimfaith.asp

Do you know any Christians anywhere who would ever say this even as a Freudian slip???

XKGdkqfBICw

Greyfox
09-21-2015, 12:43 PM
It wasn't a Freudian slip, he was trying to make a discussion point about how the McCain camp hadn't directly accused him of being a Muslim, but there had been significant efforts regardless to accuse him of such.

Yeah. It's hard to imagine how anyone could ever suspect Obama of being a Muslim. :rolleyes:

tCAffMSWSzY

Tom
09-21-2015, 12:44 PM
See how far some folks have come in 7 years?

Yes, they have to stop believing that rumor started by HILLARY and move on!
Hey, this is nothing more than the lie the left kept repeating over and over about the Bush "tax cuts for the wealthy. "

FantasticDan
09-21-2015, 01:09 PM
And there's good ol' Tom, further proving my point with a LONG video of edited snippets! :bang: :lol: :ThmbUp:

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/truth-on-the-cutting-room-floor/

Yeah. It's hard to imagine how anyone could ever suspect Obama of being a Muslim. :rolleyes:

tCAffMSWSzY

Greyfox
09-21-2015, 02:10 PM
And there's good ol' Tom, further proving my point with a LONG video of edited snippets! :bang: :lol: :ThmbUp:

Notsofantastic Dan

Can you name one President other than Obama in the entire history of the United States who has ever provided "snippets" of that nature glorifying Islam ?

Can you name one President other than Obama who ever gave the Director of N.A.S.A. the mandate to:
"find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math and engineering."

PaceAdvantage
09-21-2015, 04:49 PM

As for Carson, saying that a Muslim shouldn't be President is the same as saying a Black shouldn't be President or a woman shouldn't be President. All such sentiments are based on prejudice and ignorance.It's funny. The left wing gets all twisted up whenever somebody INCORRECTLY states Obama is a Muslim....YET...they ALSO get twisted up when Carson says a Muslim shouldn't be President.

So...I'm a little confused. Why would the left get ALL TWISTED up when someone INCORRECTLY states that Obama is a Muslim, if BEING A MUSLIM PRESIDENT is a GOOD THING? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Therefore, the left should NOT be criticizing Carson...can't have your cake and eat it too you know... :lol: :lol: :lol: :bang: :bang: :bang:

PaceAdvantage
09-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Trump should have ignored the jerk and gone on to the next question. It was obviously a setup.I agree. Trump is very good at slamming down a question he thinks is ridiculous...the fact he didn't do that here was a big mistake.

And it was SOOOOO OBVIOUS this "questioner" was a TOTAL PLANT. I mean, listen to the guy's voice. Trump is supposed to be savvy...he was completely steamrolled in this instance...not pretty.

AndyC
09-21-2015, 05:24 PM
I agree. Trump is very good at slamming down a question he thinks is ridiculous...the fact he didn't do that here was a big mistake.

And it was SOOOOO OBVIOUS this "questioner" was a TOTAL PLANT. I mean, listen to the guy's voice. Trump is supposed to be savvy...he was completely steamrolled in this instance...not pretty.

To engage with a plant would have been bad and to engage with a person who had such resolute beliefs about Obama would have been just as bad. Trump was correct to give a vague answer and move on.

FantasticDan
09-21-2015, 06:25 PM
And it was SOOOOO OBVIOUS this "questioner" was a TOTAL PLANT. I mean, listen to the guy's voice.It's amusing how there's no lack of right-wingers on this very forum who say the same thing the plant said, and yet he's gotta be a plant. Cuz nobody actually thinks that way, right? :lol:

And what would be the point of said plant? To gotcha Trump? Trump eats and shits gotchas every day, his supporters don't care. They thrive on it.

mostpost
09-21-2015, 07:36 PM

Ironically, that out of context snippet was then widely circulated to again accuse him of the exact thing he was complaining about..

See how far some folks have come in 7 years? :bang: :D

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslimfaith.asp
Typical of Republicans to use 12 seconds of an interview to prove something completely at odds with what is said in the interview as a whole.

SEN. OBAMA: And what was the first thing the McCain campaign went out and did? They said, look, these liberal blogs that support Obama are out there attacking Governor Palin. Let's not play games. What I was suggesting — you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith ...
That last sentence was a straightforward statement: Senator Obama was not proclaiming his "Muslim faith"; he was acknowledging that Republican nominee John McCain had not specifically promulgated the false rumor that he (Obama) was a Muslim.

Unfortunately, at this point of the interview, George Stephanopoulos — apparently not understanding the context of Senator Obama's response — mistakenly attempted to correct him by interjecting the words "Your Christian faith." This non sequitur briefly threw Senator Obama off track; he repeated the words "My Christian faith" and then returned to the point he was trying to make:
SEN. OBAMA: What I was suggesting — you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith, and you're absolutely right that that has not come ...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS (interrupting): Your Christian faith.

SEN. OBAMA: My Christian faith — well, what I'm saying is ...

MR. STEPHANOPOULOS (interrupting): Connections, right.

SEN. OBAMA: ... that he hasn't suggested that I'm a Muslim, and I think that his campaign upper echelons haven't either. What I think is fair to say is that coming out of the Republican camp, there have been efforts to suggest that perhaps I'm not what who I say I am when it comes to my faith, something which I find deeply offensive, and that has been going on for a pretty long time.
A very brief, out-of-context segment was then clipped from that exchange and sent winging around the Internet as proof that Senator Obama had "admitted his Muslim faith," something even the conservative Washington Times acknowledged was false:

Let's review. Obama says " What I was suggesting — you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith," meaning that McCain has not repeated the false rumors that Obama is a Muslim. But Stephanopadopolous thinks Obama has misspoken and corrects him, "Your Christian faith." This leads many, who want to think that way, to convince themselves that Obama has made a "freudian slip" and has admitted he is a Muslim. Now most of the people spreading this rumor know it is not true and are doing so for political reasons. Most of the people hearing it want to believe it so they do.

mostpost
09-21-2015, 07:55 PM

tCAffMSWSzY
Most of that video is taken from the speech Obama gave at the University of Cairo early in his Presidency. He correctly pointed out the accomplishments of the people of Islam. Those things happened. They were not made up.

Had he been speaking at the University of Tel Aviv, he would have recounted the contributions of the Jewish people. Where ever he might of spoken he would have done the same. That does not make him a Muslim or a Jew or an Eskimo. It makes him someone who appreciates someones accomplishments, regardless of the source.

That accounts for most of the video. Most of the remainder is from various addresses to American Muslims on the occasion of their high holidays. Of course no other American President has ever made such addresses.

Except for President George W. Bush, President William Jefferson Clinton, President George HW Bush, President Ronald Reagan and several others.

Greyfox
09-21-2015, 08:09 PM
I do not know what faith Obama is.
I do know that he is not a Christian.
For starters he has been quoted as saying that "there are many paths to the same place." (meaning Heaven)
He has also said: “All people of faith—Christians, Jews, Muslims, animists, everyone knows the same God.”

True Christians do not believe that. (By the way, I'm not a Christian either.)

classhandicapper
09-21-2015, 08:13 PM
No one ever accused Wright of being a Muslim.

Exactly.

Wright is clearly an America hating anti semite conspiracy theory extremist, but Obama attended his church for years. So why say Obama is a Muslim (as if that's something bad) when Obama actually has been something that IS bad.

classhandicapper
09-21-2015, 08:16 PM

I'd be willing to bet anything that if we could give him truth serum and a lie detector test we'd find out he's an atheist (possibly an agnostic) that identifies most with Islam because of his upbringing but fronts as a Christian for political purposes. I'd bet 6 months in purgatory against a dollar that he doesn't believe Christ was God. And I'd feel like I was stealing money with an incredible overlay even with that bet.

mostpost
09-21-2015, 09:04 PM
I do know that he is not a Christian.
For starters he has been quoted as saying that "there are many paths to the same place." (meaning Heaven)
He has also said: “All people of faith—Christians, Jews, Muslims, animists, everyone knows the same God.”

True Christians do not believe that. (By the way, I'm not a Christian either.)
John 14:2 " In my Father's house there are many mansions." This does not mean that if we go to heaven, we get a fine house with a maid and butler. It means there is a place in heaven for good people of all faiths. Or no faith at all.

I am a Christian-Roman Catholic specifically-and I believe both those statements by Obama to be correct. But, I also know there are many fundamentalist or evangelical Christians who think they-and they alone have the key to eternal life. That strikes me as rather arrogant.

You are not a Christian. What are you and where do you come by your vast knowledge of what Christians believe?

Greyfox
09-21-2015, 09:23 PM
You are not a Christian. What are you and where do you come by your vast knowledge of what Christians believe?

It's none of your business what I am.
I know that Obama is not a Christian.
By many rooms, Christ did not mean that people of all faiths were welcome.

mostpost
09-21-2015, 09:31 PM
It's none of your business what I am.
I knew that would be your answer. What you are is a coward.
I know that Obama is not a Christian.
As usual, what you know and what is true are strangers to each other.
By many rooms, Christ did not mean that people of all faiths were welcome.
Yes, he did.

So you say you are not a Christian.
Then you say that non Christians are not welcome in Heaven.
Which means you are not welcome in Heaven.
I do not agree with that.

Tom
09-21-2015, 09:32 PM
It's amusing how there's no lack of right-wingers on this very forum who say the same thing the plant said, and yet he's gotta be a plant. Cuz nobody actually thinks that way, right? :lol:

And what would be the point of said plant? To gotcha Trump? Trump eats and shits gotchas every day, his supporters don't care. They thrive on it.
So let me get this straight, it is an insult to call someone a mulsim?
If Obama were muslin, he would be less of man? Muslims are so bad, no one would want to be one? :lol:

It was HILLARY who started it all. Guess you gal is just baaaaaad. :lol:

Greyfox
09-21-2015, 09:40 PM
Yes, he did.

So you say you are not a Christian.
Then you say that non Christians are not welcome in Heaven.
Which means you are not welcome in Heaven.
I do not agree with that.

It doesn't matter what you agree with.
Christianity involves the belief that there is but one path to heaven and that is through Jesus Christ.
I didn't make that up and you can't change what is pretty clear in the New Testament, even if we agree that would be nice if it were true.
But it's not.

mostpost
09-21-2015, 09:43 PM
So let me get this straight, it is an insult to call someone a mulsim?
If Obama were muslin, he would be less of man? Muslims are so bad, no one would want to be one? :lol:

It was HILLARY who started it all. Guess you gal is just baaaaaad. :lol:
It was not Hillary who started it all. Nor was it anyone associated with her campaign in 2008. One of her supporters who was not a member of her campaign team raised the question. It was quickly discounted and few if any liberals raised the question again. Of course, Republicans jumped all over it to try and beat Obama in two elections. I forget, how did that work out?

Tom
09-21-2015, 09:48 PM
No, your totally wrong, mostie.
But thanks for playing.

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2015, 12:37 PM
It's amusing how there's no lack of right-wingers on this very forum who say the same thing the plant said, and yet he's gotta be a plant. Cuz nobody actually thinks that way, right? :lol:

And what would be the point of said plant? To gotcha Trump? Trump eats and shits gotchas every day, his supporters don't care. They thrive on it.Did you hear the guy's tone of voice as he delivered his nonsense? Maybe you're right...maybe he wasn't a plant...a plant wouldn't have come across as so blatant a plant...