PDA

View Full Version : Golden State Rewards Network

MikeH
04-19-2001, 11:48 PM
If you are playing at California tracks or OTBs, make sure you join the *new* "Golden State Rewards Network."

You can join at any California track or OTB, and one card works at all California facilities to accumulate points. Every $$ that you bet earns you a point. Points can be redeemed for Daily Racing Forms, food, and wagering vouchers (i.e., cash!).

It's clearly a step in the right direction for California racing.

If you happen to be in the Hollywood Park Turf Club tomorrow evening (opening night, Friday), I'm scheduled to be signing up people. Stop by, say "hello," and get a card!

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2001, 12:25 AM
Are they racing at night? I thought that was shelved due to all the power problems out west....

==PA

MikeH
04-20-2001, 01:28 AM
Hollywood is racing at 7:15pm tomorrow night (opening night) only. After that, Fridays will start at 3:30pm Pacific, except for Kentucky Oaks Day, when they start at 12:30 or so.

It is my understanding that they will do an eight race "twilight" program on Friday that should be over around sunset.

Druther
04-20-2001, 12:40 PM
Mike

Good luck with your sign up assistance. The weather forecast for L.A. is rain and thunderstroms tonight and tomorrow so that might decrease attendance.

But it's still a fan-favorable approach for those who attend the Ca. tracks/OTBs. Personally, I wouldn't play any of the Churchill or NYRA tracks even if I could as long as their "rule" is TVG or nothing.

But for those who still like attending the track/OTB it's at least something positive for Ca. fans.