PDA

View Full Version : AP was Going to Parx If...

Bigadam119
09-17-2015, 11:22 AM
Interesting article, looks like he will get a prep somewhere..

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/?wss=/philly/sports/columnists/&id=327975831&

ebcorde
09-17-2015, 11:34 AM
That was the most logical move for the Horse to get to the breeders in lieu of the Travers. Now I not sure if he preps at SA or blows him out with one fast work and put him on a plane.

ManU918
09-17-2015, 11:38 AM
I live in Philly and believe me when I tell you this Pope shit is such a big inconvenience. Stay the **** in Rome Francis we want AP.

PoloUK6108
09-17-2015, 01:20 PM
I bet he's at Churchill next weekend and a $125k purse gets "bumped" to $1M

rastajenk
09-17-2015, 02:17 PM
The Pope's a horseplayer?

Stillriledup
09-17-2015, 04:12 PM

Mandy Pope. :D

letswastemoney
09-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Awesome Again Stakes.

They likely aren't shipping to New York yet again.

Keeneland doesn't have a prep.

The Lukas Classic at Churchill is too soon.

classhandicapper
09-17-2015, 06:53 PM
I heard they might write a new race for him at CD.

andtheyreoff
09-17-2015, 07:04 PM

The "new race" would be the Lukas Classic. But I doubt he runs there.

thespaah
09-17-2015, 10:27 PM
I live in Philly and believe me when I tell you this Pope shit is such a big inconvenience. Stay the **** in Rome Francis we want AP.
i have been paying close attention to the Pope hubub.....I cannot believe the mass hysteria over the Papal visit. Are there that many worrisome, rosary bead hand wringing Catholics that they would endure hours and hours of traffic crowds, congestion and other inconveniences just to stand 6 furlongs away to hear this guy yap into a microphone?
Short of being an ordained member of the Catholic church, you would not catch me within 10 miles of that event.
How this thing in Center City and South Philly will affect the Bensalem area some 15 miles away is a mystery.
I can just see it now. The respective news outlets doing man on the street interviews regarding the Papal visit. I bet the responses would have language not suitable for network TV...

Tom
09-17-2015, 10:31 PM
Well, thousands of people showed up to watch a stupid horse gallop around a track and then lose the next day.

thespaah
09-17-2015, 10:36 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stillriledup
09-17-2015, 10:36 PM
Well, thousands of people showed up to watch a stupid horse gallop around a track and then lose the next day.

Funny thing is that they could have galloped any old horse around there and just told the people it was AP they wouldn't have known the difference.

cj
09-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Funny thing is that they could have galloped any old horse around there and just told the people it was AP they wouldn't have known the difference.

They would have known the difference.

Stillriledup
09-17-2015, 10:42 PM
They would have known the difference.

Yes they all would have known. :rolleyes:

thespaah
09-17-2015, 10:43 PM
And attract which horses?
He's already beaten all ther good three year olds. Connections of older horses may take a peak at the conditions. It would have to be a stake under allowance conditions to insure AP is at least one of the highweights.
I don't think Baffert or Zayat wants to take the risk of another one in the "L" column prior to what would assuredly be AP's curtain call. JMHO...
Would I like to see AP have another go at it before the BC? Absofreakinlutely

cj
09-17-2015, 10:44 PM

Only takes a few to know and spread the word. You're being ridiculous.

thespaah
09-17-2015, 10:47 PM
Jesus Christ....Do you get up in the morning to complain that it's too sunny?
BTW, sir, those thousands of people did not tie up a city of 5 million....
Sometimes you make me feel like you need a glass of cold water poured on your head...Or, are you in line for one of those Snickers commercials?

thespaah
09-17-2015, 10:48 PM
Come on.....

thaskalos
09-17-2015, 10:52 PM

Pope is a "Handicapping GENIUS".

http://www.handicapping.com/bookstore/beyersecrets.htm

Tom
09-17-2015, 11:28 PM
Jesus Christ....Do you get up in the morning to complain that it's too sunny?
BTW, sir, those thousands of people did not tie up a city of 5 million....
Sometimes you make me feel like you need a glass of cold water poured on your head...Or, are you in line for one of those Snickers commercials?
Just putting things in perspective. Pope vs a horse.....not even close.
You sound like the whiner here. The Pope visits and you cry about it. I doubt a Snickers would help you out.

Stillriledup
09-18-2015, 12:17 AM
Only takes a few to know and spread the word. You're being ridiculous.

But you're suggesting they would all know, of course they would know if they were told. Only a person who intently studies video and has a photographic memory would ever know, which eliminates 99 pct of the people.

ReplayRandall
09-18-2015, 12:44 AM
Only a person who intently studies video and has a photographic memory would ever know.

Thanks for mentioning me, it's OK to use my name next time.. :cool:

taxicab
09-18-2015, 12:44 AM
But you're suggesting they would all know, of course they would know if they were told. Only a person who intently studies video and has a photographic memory would ever know, which eliminates 99 pct of the people.

What in the world is going on with you ?
You're actually starting an argument based on your ridiculous hypothetical that AP's connections would masquerade another horse in his place,and then gallop that horse in front of thousands of people trying to fool them.
Dude,you gotta snap out of it.

Stillriledup
09-18-2015, 12:51 AM
What in the world is going on with you ?
You're actually starting an argument based on your ridiculous hypothetical that AP's connections would masquerade another horse in his place,and then gallop that horse in front of thousands of people trying to fool them.
Dude,you gotta snap out of it.

I don't start arguments, I never do.

Stillriledup
09-18-2015, 12:52 AM
Thanks for mentioning me, it's OK to use my name next time.. :cool:

:ThmbUp:

You got it!

rastajenk
09-18-2015, 06:20 AM
I don't start arguments, I never do.
This isn't an argument; it's contradiction.

PoloUK6108
09-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Awesome Again Stakes.

They likely aren't shipping to New York yet again.

Keeneland doesn't have a prep.

The Lukas Classic at Churchill is too soon.

Too soon? A month out from the classic and a month from the travers?

Robert Fischer
09-18-2015, 09:28 AM
Pope is a "Handicapping GENIUS".

http://www.handicapping.com/bookstore/beyersecrets.htm

Should be pretty good, he plays religiously.

cj
09-18-2015, 11:12 AM

Just knock it off. Are you 12?

ManU918
09-18-2015, 04:31 PM
i have been paying close attention to the Pope hubub.....I cannot believe the mass hysteria over the Papal visit. Are there that many worrisome, rosary bead hand wringing Catholics that they would endure hours and hours of traffic crowds, congestion and other inconveniences just to stand 6 furlongs away to hear this guy yap into a microphone?
Short of being an ordained member of the Catholic church, you would not catch me within 10 miles of that event.
How this thing in Center City and South Philly will affect the Bensalem area some 15 miles away is a mystery.
I can just see it now. The respective news outlets doing man on the street interviews regarding the Papal visit. I bet the responses would have language not suitable for network TV...

It would definitely hurt attendance because there are going to be highway closures. Its a mess. Shit is for the birds. It will be the first time in a long time that I wont be having my Saturday morning hangover sandwich before diving into the PP's and college football from Johns Roast Pork. I'm not leaving my house that day. I visited my parents earlier this week and its all my Mom wanted to talk about. I looked at my Dad and he just shook his head and started reading me the text that his bookie sent him with the lines for MNF...

Rex Phinney
09-18-2015, 08:43 PM
If they do run a prep race anywhere but the Awesome again the SoCal circuit will hold a special distaste for Zayat. The horse has been based here for 2 years and he hasn't run a meaningful race here in 12 months.

I'm sure one of our tracks out would really like the boost.

Cholly
09-19-2015, 12:27 AM

might I offer some balance to your POV (which I know was offered in jest, not malice)? And this is coming from someone who was never a Catholic and in fact, other than weddings and funerals, has never set foot in any church in 40 years.

Listen to the man--or read his words; he might open your heart a little bit--he did mine.

castaway01
09-19-2015, 03:35 PM
might I offer some balance to your POV (which I know was offered in jest, not malice)? And this is coming from someone who was never a Catholic and in fact, other than weddings and funerals, has never set foot in any church in 40 years.

Listen to the man--or read his words; he might open your heart a little bit--he did mine.

They're expecting up to 1 million people for the Mass on the Parkway, so obviously you're not the only one who feels that way Cholly.

clocker7
09-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Put me down as one who isn't bothered by the popular culture being occasionally invaded by somebody promoting altruism, while at the same time enthusiastically patronizing the best sport in the universe.