PDA

View Full Version : Those freaking Ohio tracks...

thaskalos
09-16-2015, 01:21 PM
First race results come back 5-2-6...with the corresponding odds being 5-2, 8-1 and 4-1. The exacta paid $50 for $2...which I couldn't collect on because my OTB wasn't offering wagering on Thistledown today...because the Ohio horsemen supposedly decided today to withhold their signal from out-of-state betting outlets (that's what the OTB manager told me). The race was still shown on the OTB screens though...and I got to see what the payoffs were.

$50 payoff for the exacta...and a 4-1 horse finishing 3rd. Anyone care to guess what the trifecta paid, in a 9-horse field?

AndyC
09-16-2015, 01:29 PM
First race results come back 5-2-6...with the corresponding odds being 5-2, 8-1 and 4-1. The exacta paid $50 for $2...which I couldn't collect on because my OTB wasn't offering wagering on Thistledown today...because the Ohio horsemen supposedly decided today to withhold their signal from out-of-state betting outlets (that's what the OTB manager told me). The race was still shown on the OTB screens though...and I got to see what the payoffs were.

$50 payoff for the exacta...and a 4-1 horse finishing 3rd. Anyone care to guess what the trifecta paid, in a 9-horse field?

The trifecta pool was $773. Not surprised at any payoff.

thaskalos
09-16-2015, 01:39 PM
The trifecta pool was $773. Not surprised at any payoff.
My point is...what horseman in his right mind elects to withhold the betting signal from out-of-state betting outlets...when the out-of-towners are responsible for all of the betting volume? How the hell can this be a horsemen decision to make?

This is what happens when the slots are funding the purses. The betting volume can go to hell...and only the horseplayer cares about it.

Tom
09-16-2015, 01:56 PM
What a great game this would be if there we no horsemen.

Stillriledup
09-16-2015, 02:02 PM
What a great game this would be if there we no horsemen.

AYYYYYYYY

Men.

therussmeister
09-16-2015, 02:23 PM
I don't know what the Ohio horsemen want, but it frequently can't be achieved without doing something that is, in the short term, not in their best interest. If one side is satisfied with the status quo, there is no incentive for them to negotiate a new agreement impedes the status quo is disrupted.

therussmeister
09-16-2015, 02:28 PM
If there was interstate wagering the payouts might have been quite different. The trifecta pool was $773.

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2015, 08:49 AM
If there was interstate wagering the payouts might have been quite different. The trifecta pool was $773.True that.

lamboguy
09-17-2015, 09:05 AM
this is what's wrong with horse racing. i had been following Thisledowns all year and taking good notes, now my horses are coming back and i can't bet.

this is a real kick in the face to all horse players.