PDA

View Full Version : Runhappy Being Pointed To The Phoenix Stakes

Bob S.
09-16-2015, 07:30 AM
Runhappy is a very talented horse. His King's Bishop was truly a spectacle. But he would have never ran in and won the race if it wasn't for the smart handling by his connections to get him there. Here's the story.

http://regalbloodlines.com/2015/09/15/runhappy-and-his-path-to-a-kings-bishop-win/

classhandicapper
09-16-2015, 11:02 AM
It will be interesting to see if he can hold his form and inch forward. He was terrific in that last race. Very fast horse.

ebcorde
09-16-2015, 12:51 PM
It will be interesting to see if he can hold his form and inch forward. He was terrific in that last race. Very fast horse.

IMHO.
He caught the perfect group of Horses in the King's bishop. Take out Competitive Edge and Holy Boss and there was no fast pace horse early, mid or late capable of running a winning performance , and Watershed had only one race.

For those that saw that excellent hit. Competitive Edge has been off since forever.

open_question
09-16-2015, 05:02 PM
Nice story... thanks for the link. :ThmbUp:

letswastemoney
09-16-2015, 07:22 PM
Competitive Edge has been overrated these past few months, but Runhappy still won the right way by a significant margin.

Runhappy's problem in the spring was the lack of professionalism.

Bob S.
09-17-2015, 09:57 AM
It was also very nice to see Edgar Prado come back to Saratoga and win a Grade 1 race for these new connections.

classhandicapper
09-17-2015, 11:50 AM
We'll get a better line on the quality of that race when 2 of them come back in the sprint at PARX on Saturday,

pandy
09-17-2015, 05:03 PM
Runhappy's performance in the King's Bishop was amazing, but it seemed too good to be true. He basically duplicated Seattle Slew's 7 furlong track record at Hialeah and the race before the King's Bishop was slow. However, some reports are that the track was watered heavily after they saw how dead the track was, and that may have affected the fractions and final time of the King's Bishop. Personally, I think Runhappy was impressive but I have my doubts about the fractions and final time of that race. Horses that run that fast are few and far between. In the next race, one of the fastest horses in the sport ran 7 furlongs three fifths of a second slower and ran slower fractions, then later the track seemed even slower for the Travers.

rastajenk
09-17-2015, 05:51 PM
Stories like this, rare as they are, would happen even less frequently if the contraction many of you hope for would take place.

classhandicapper
09-17-2015, 06:49 PM
Runhappy's performance in the King's Bishop was amazing, but it seemed too good to be true. He basically duplicated Seattle Slew's 7 furlong track record at Hialeah and the race before the King's Bishop was slow. However, some reports are that the track was watered heavily after they saw how dead the track was, and that may have affected the fractions and final time of the King's Bishop. Personally, I think Runhappy was impressive but I have my doubts about the fractions and final time of that race. Horses that run that fast are few and far between. In the next race, one of the fastest horses in the sport ran 7 furlongs three fifths of a second slower and ran slower fractions, then later the track seemed even slower for the Travers.

They were watering the track all day, but I didn't take notes on the exact timing or amount before that race.