PDA

View Full Version : Parx, 90k purse for 2 horses.

Stillriledup
09-13-2015, 03:56 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :( :D

andtheyreoff
09-13-2015, 04:00 PM
There were ten horses entered. The race got taken off the grass. Shit happens.

Stillriledup
09-13-2015, 04:07 PM

The 2 was mto and the 3 has dirt success, no reason either of them should be scratched.

Stillriledup
09-13-2015, 04:20 PM
9823 bet on the winner

2702 bet on the loser

491 profit given to winning bettors

2211 kept by track as 'commission'

ronsmac
09-13-2015, 04:35 PM
9823 bet on the winner

2702 bet on the loser

491 profit given to winning bettors

2211 kept by track as 'commission'TheThe track was probably lucky to make 500 bucks . The majority went to adws and simulcast locations. Philly has a relatively low signal fee.

Stillriledup
09-13-2015, 04:37 PM
TheThe track was probably lucky to make 500 bucks . The majority went to adws and simulcast locations. Philly has a relatively low signal fee.

I should have said 'the track' because as far as bettors are concerned, all they know is they got 491 and 'the house' got 2211

NorCalGreg
09-13-2015, 05:44 PM
I should have said 'the track' because as far as bettors are concerned, all they know is they got 491 and 'the house' got 2211

My Clint Tracy software had as the Best Bet of the Day---after scratches---the 10 to Place. :ThmbUp:

On a serious note, I don't really pay much attention to Parx, me being in Ca. Was just reading about it:

"The $20 Million Parx Racing Fall Festival this year will commence Aug. 29 and continue through Oct. 20. A joint release from the track and the PTHA said that by doubling purse levels throughout the two-month festival, Parx and the PTHA have created a signature race meet that will attract top horse racing talent in the industry, increase the field size of the races enhance betting interest, and draw new fans to the track."

Boy somebody sure guessed wrong. Gertrude Stein once said about Oakland way back in the 30's..."There's no there, there". She could have been talking about Parx.

castaway01
09-13-2015, 09:18 PM
My Clint Tracy software had as the Best Bet of the Day---after scratches---the 10 to Place. :ThmbUp:

On a serious note, I don't really pay much attention to Parx, me being in Ca. Was just reading about it:

"The $20 Million Parx Racing Fall Festival this year will commence Aug. 29 and continue through Oct. 20. A joint release from the track and the PTHA said that by doubling purse levels throughout the two-month festival, Parx and the PTHA have created a signature race meet that will attract top horse racing talent in the industry, increase the field size of the races enhance betting interest, and draw new fans to the track."

Boy somebody sure guessed wrong. Gertrude Stein once said about Oakland way back in the 30's..."There's no there, there". She could have been talking about Parx.

Field sizes have been way up. The race came off the turf.

The track does not care about handle. It's flush with slot machine dough and makes more money than it can count. Someday that will end but maybe not for a decade or two.

Stillriledup
10-03-2015, 03:58 PM
I'm crying :(

Rise Over Run
10-03-2015, 04:12 PM
The issue today was the result of the case of equine herpes on the backside. Anyone shipping in for the race couldn't ship back out.

thespaah
10-03-2015, 04:48 PM
it does. But, the track should reserve the right to reduce the purse in proportion to the number starters.

lamboguy
10-03-2015, 04:51 PM
it does. But, the track should reserve the right to reduce the purse in proportion to the number starters.that's like saying you drove through a snowstorm to get to your job and there were no customer's serve. should your paycheck be reduced to penalize you for being ready, willing and able to work.

castaway01
10-03-2015, 06:14 PM
it does. But, the track should reserve the right to reduce the purse in proportion to the number starters.

In what world would it make sense to lower the purse money for the horses that DIDN'T scratch? Why would you punish the ones that stay in?

therussmeister
10-03-2015, 06:16 PM
They do reduce the purse. They don't pay out all $90,000.

Stillriledup
10-03-2015, 07:28 PM
In what world would it make sense to lower the purse money for the horses that DIDN'T scratch? Why would you punish the ones that stay in?

It would only make sense to tie the purse to the number of starters in the conditions, This way all involved would know how the number of starters affects the purse, it won't be sprung on them after the fact.

thespaah
10-03-2015, 09:36 PM
that's like saying you drove through a snowstorm to get to your job and there were no customer's serve. should your paycheck be reduced to penalize you for being ready, willing and able to work.
Well....A few years ago, NYRA had a program where the number of starters was a certain amount, the purse would be increased by a certain dollar amount.
My idea would simply be in the reverse.
In other words, if the rules dictate that connections can scratch horses with little accountability, there should be some kind of give back.
Perhaps the track takes that remainder and distributes it to full races on a future card. More or less a reward for those who elect to race.
I do not understand why the rules are so lenient.
On the Harness side, if a trainer wants to scratch, he has to present his horse to the track vet for an examination. Horses can be scratched for just a few reasons. "Sick" "Lame" by a vet.. Or Judges may scratch for being late to the paddock. This results in a fine to the trainer. Failure to name a driver by a certain time. If shipping in, failure to have the horse present on the grounds by a certain time of day. The latter has exceptions for obvious reasons.
I like to inject a little sarcasm on this subject. It seems to me that its ok to scratch if your horse farts in the wrong key.
Of course, as I have never worked in the Thoroughbred industry, I am not up on all of the rules. I could be wrong about the scratch rules.

thespaah
10-03-2015, 09:46 PM
It would only make sense to tie the purse to the number of starters in the conditions, This way all involved would know how the number of starters affects the purse, it won't be sprung on them after the fact.
:ThmbUp:

onefast99
10-07-2015, 11:08 AM
The purse is paid out only to the number of those finishing the race. If two horses finish the purse disperses as follows 60% to the winner and 20% to the horse finishing second. Any remaining monies go back to the track. So in this race the winner got 54k and second was paid 18k the remainder of purse monies is put back into the track purse account.