PDA

View Full Version : Joe Withee, a very trusting man.

Stillriledup
09-12-2015, 12:43 AM
Les Onaka asked Joe why he's singling a horse in his on air pick 4 at Emerald who was eased last time why he would do that and Joe said he's trusting the trainer. I guess the trust meant that this particular trainer wouldn't put the eased horse in a race unless she was good to go.

So much for trust.

lamboguy
09-12-2015, 03:09 AM
not that i want to be negative, but why would anyone listen to any of these smooth talkers and place their money down as a result of what they say?

in order to be successful at this game one needs to be able to trust their own observations and instincts.

in some instances we are very fortunate to have replays at our fingertips that we can go back and see things with out own 2 eyes. we can purchase very good pace and speed figures to lead us to the fastest horses.

all the tools that are needed to win are at our disposal. they are no different than the analyst that smooth talk their picks. keep in mind that the analyst is paid to speak. at the end of the day it is your money that is at stake. you must treat your money with full respect. if you enjoy tearing your money to pieces you should try and find some good needy organization and just hand over the money to them so that they can do some good with it.

Stillriledup
09-12-2015, 03:23 AM
I agree.

I bet against her and missed, I ran 3-2, my pick never got into the race, finishing a belated 3rd.

Interesting how this horse got past the vet, obviously this trainer didnt care about the welfare of this mare.

Name of the horse was The Gang and I

ronsmac
09-12-2015, 10:21 AM
I agree.

I bet against her and missed, I ran 3-2, my pick never got into the race, finishing a belated 3rd.

Interesting how this horse got past the vet, obviously this trainer didnt care about the welfare of this mare.

Name of the horse was The Gang and IWelfare of the horse gives me a good laugh every time I hear someone say it.

ultracapper
09-12-2015, 04:18 PM
He singled an 0-10 on the year 7yo that had just been eased at Emerald Downs? Good Lord Joe.

Stillriledup
09-12-2015, 04:28 PM
He singled an 0-10 on the year 7yo that had just been eased at Emerald Downs? Good Lord Joe.

Yeah that's rough.

bello
09-12-2015, 04:46 PM
That was a ugly situation. Ttat horse should have never started and it us exactly what will turn people against a particular track. Horse was unasked right out of the gate and eased shortly thereafter. Jock knew the animal was not right. All done to get some poor schnook to claim him for $2500

Stillriledup
09-12-2015, 09:41 PM
That was a ugly situation. Ttat horse should have never started and it us exactly what will turn people against a particular track. Horse was unasked right out of the gate and eased shortly thereafter. Jock knew the animal was not right. All done to get some poor schnook to claim him for $2500

They need to adopt the So cal rule of voiding unsound runners, claim goes back to orig owner if the horse fails an exam. Does EMD not have this same rule?

EMD4ME
09-13-2015, 01:16 AM
They need to adopt the So cal rule of voiding unsound runners, claim goes back to orig owner if the horse fails an exam. Does EMD not have this same rule?

Told you all, that place has gone from a Paradise to hell in one season.