PDA

View Full Version : Tracks are thieves

WINMANWIN
06-07-2004, 02:28 PM
I made a substantial pick 3 bet yesterday at philly park in the 4th race. I have multiple off track betting accounts and used Bris
yesterday. There was a late scratch in the 1st leg of my pick 3.
I assumed ALL BETS would be REFUNDED. When my acct was not CREDITED, I called Bris, and spoke to a know it NOT supervisor,who instructed me, that ALL TRACKS GIVE YOU THE POST TIME RACE FAVORITE, when a late scratch occurs in the 1st leg of a pick 3. I said, maybe you should whip out your trusty betting handbook, cause I know most states, or tracks would REFUND all Monies wagered. She said SORRY........I E-Mailed philly park, and naturally, they never responded to me, so I'm asking and telling all Players be carefull, with track betting policies on Exotic bets ,cause they are ruthless scavengers these smaller tracks. In New York that's certainly NOT the Policy. They REFUND your Money back if the scratch happens in the FIRST LEG, Apparently not Philly or Bris........:mad:

Suff
06-07-2004, 02:42 PM
I take it you caught Legs 2 & 3 , thereby magnifying your pain?

SilverSow
06-07-2004, 02:58 PM
This surprised me... years ago, I hit a Pick 3 at Rockingham Park for like $800 (which is why I recall this so clearly.. LOL)... my horse scratched in the middle leg... and they counted that as a winner - no post time favorite nonsense... could be different laws in NH???

Dave

WINMANWIN
06-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Suff
I take it you caught Legs 2 & 3 , thereby magnifying your pain?

Naturally......:mad: The fields were short do to a muddy track and 2 races were coming off the weeds. I think some races had 3 horses entered. lol. How could I not play a pick 3. At Belmont After catching Pletcher in the 1st 3 races at Belmont, and then he has a steed named SAVE THE PROFIT 1st time weeds, ENTERED in the 4th. Naturally, I tried to SAVE THE PROFITS and beat him in that race. But Pletcher did WIN it, and it cost me.:eek:

WINMANWIN
06-07-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by SilverSow
This surprised me... years ago, I hit a Pick 3 at Rockingham Park for like $800 (which is why I recall this so clearly.. LOL)... my horse scratched in the middle leg... and they counted that as a winner - no post time favorite nonsense... could be different laws in NH???

Dave
Yes thats the policy all over I believe, It's called a consolation pick 3, happens almost daily at many tracks. This bet I made was the FIRST LEG OF THE PICK 3. All Bets should be refunded, I mean it's COMMON SENSE.

SilverSow
06-07-2004, 03:28 PM
No.. it was NOT a consolation Pick 3... it paid the same as the horse that actually won the race... posted in the charts it showed something like

Pick 3: 3/4-9/7 pays $842.00

Dave

Tee
06-07-2004, 04:33 PM
The fav must have won the 2nd leg of the pick 3?

Originally posted by SilverSow
No.. it was NOT a consolation Pick 3... it paid the same as the horse that actually won the race... posted in the charts it showed something like

Pick 3: 3/4-9/7 pays $842.00

Dave

freeneasy
06-07-2004, 04:40 PM
if the 4 horse was a sc. then that bet on the 4 automatically goes on the fav. doesent mean the 4 and the 9 paid $800 unless the 9 was the fav. then you would have been on that combo twice. those numbers are the numbers for the winning horse and the horses that were scratched. so either 4 was a sc. and 9 was the winner or 9 was a sc. and 4 was the winner.

WINMANWIN
06-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Untill this game has uniformity, nobody is sure, how these tracks
calculate pick ? wagers :confused: I mean some of us bet multiple tracks, who could keep track of instances like this ?
I know, At N.Y.R.A if there's a Late scratch in the 1st leg, you get a Refund. If there's a late scratch after the 1st leg was run, and your other Legs Click, you get a Consolation pick 3. Not the POST TIME FAVORITE to my knowledge. BUT, if its a PICK 4, at N.Y.R.A you get the POST TIME FAVORITE..........:eek: COMEDY CENTRAL or what ? Its a shame that some of these tracks are scammers, and dont think logically. For instance, before the ruling was changed in Kentucky approximately 1 year ago. If an entry is entered, and 1 is a late scratch, you were stuck with the other half of the ENTRY. No refund's. N.y.r.a had it right, they would REFUND all wagers on the entry, and the steed would run for purse money only.

BillW
06-07-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by WINMANWIN
Untill this game has uniformity, nobody is sure, how these tracks
calculate pick ? wagers :confused: I mean some of us bet multiple tracks, who could keep track of instances like this ?
I know, At N.Y.R.A if there's a Late scratch in the 1st leg, you get a Refund. If there's a late scratch after the 1st leg was run, and your other Legs Click, you get a Consolation pick 3. Not the POST TIME FAVORITE to my knowledge. BUT, if its a PICK 4, at N.Y.R.A you get the POST TIME FAVORITE..........:eek: COMEDY CENTRAL or what ? Its a shame that some of these tracks are scammers, and dont think logically. For instance, before the ruling was changed in Kentucky approximately 1 year ago. If an entry is entered, and 1 is a late scratch, you were stuck with the other half of the ENTRY. No refund's. N.y.r.a had it right, they would REFUND all wagers on the entry, and the steed would run for purse money only.

WIN,

Typically this is legislated by the state (tracks have no say in handling these matters). Have you checked the respective racing commission sites?

Bill

WINMANWIN
06-07-2004, 08:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BillW
[B]WIN,

Typically this is legislated by the state (tracks have no say in handling these matters). Have you checked the respective racing commission sites?

Yes Bill the state horse wagering commission was notified, I sent an E-mail. My point is, The tracks have there Ear somewhat, and
When I said tracks, I meant the whole industry. Its not only with wagering, drug policies, Etc should be UNIFORMED

DJofSD
06-07-2004, 09:10 PM
http://www.chrb.ca.gov/query_rules_and_regulations_database.asp?form_quer y_action=display_rule&form_query_rule_number=1977&form_query_rule_title=Pick+Three%2E&form_query_article=Pick+Three%2E&form_query_article_index=20&form_query_argument=1977 (http://http://www.chrb.ca.gov/query_rules_and_regulations_database.asp?form_quer y_action=display_rule&form_query_rule_number=1977&form_query_rule_title=Pick+Three%2E&form_query_article=Pick+Three%2E&form_query_article_index=20&form_query_argument=1977)

Sentence (h) - a late scratch, non starter excetra, the wager goes to the post time favorite.

BTW, what would you have done if you had learned of the scratch after making the bet? Most (all?) wagering services will not cancel bets.

DJofSD

P.S. Over a year ago the CHRB was to reintroduce for the P6 the ability to select an alternate for each leg. Not being a P6 player I have to ask, have they done what they said they were going to do?

WINMANWIN
06-07-2004, 09:18 PM
Well calif racing policies on pick 3's are bad policy, They should do what N.Y.R.A does, The right thing. Refunding bets on all wagers
for the 1st leg of a pick 3. Think about it, If you bet WIN/PLACE
on a horse that late scratches, DO YOU GET THE POST TIME FAVORITE ? Of course you dont, you get YOUR MONEY BACK.. ;)
It's just common sense, but most tracks, state horse racing commissions HAVE NONE !

DJofSD

P.S. Over a year ago the CHRB was to reintroduce for the P6 the ability to select an alternate for each leg. Not being a P6 player I have to ask, have they done what they said they were going to do? [/B][/QUOTE]

Not to my knowledge.........................

KingChas
06-08-2004, 01:45 AM
I think we had the same pick 3. Iwas looking at tote for payout expecting (S-W)-(W)-(W).All I saw was (W)-(W)-(W)-pk3.Thought must be a mistake-put ticket in self betting machine-ticket not a winner.Must have given us the FAV? Who didn't win.Thought I'd at least get money back for scratch-no dice?

takeout
06-08-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by WINMANWIN
be carefull, with track betting policies on Exotic bets ,cause they are ruthless scavengers these smaller tracks.
How true! And the way they pay some bets off when there are no winning tickets out is very strange also. I guess all of the breakage goes to the state because grubbing for breakage is the only rationale on their part that I can think of for putting those types of illogical rules in place. They've taken what is a sneaky and disgusting little tax to begin with (that shouldn't even still exist) and made it worse!

It has always blown my mind that states are not uniform on stuff like betting rules, drug rules, workout rules and so on. What a mess!

rrbauer
06-08-2004, 04:38 PM
DJofSD wrote
BTW, what would you have done if you had learned of the scratch after making the bet? Most (all?) wagering services will not cancel bets.

Comment:
Philly Park (PhoneBet) will cancel any bet if you get to a supervisor before the race goes. Since the bet was via the pari-mutuel route, the handling of the scratch is done per the rules of the host track (a good reason to know how pick-bet scratches are handled at the tracks you play which was Win's point.)

If the bet had been placed
with Pinnacle it would've been refunded. Pinnacle will also refund pick bets when there is a scratch in a downstream leg. eHorse will cancel bets if you get to them before the race goes; but, they don't take pick bets (other than dd's).

WINMANWIN
06-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Tks for sharing RR, ;) Thats what this board is about, Experiences, Knowledge, Input, Etc, and trying to help one another against the Enemy, the tracks. ;)