PDA

View Full Version : Remebering 911

Kash$
09-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Seems like yesterday...

Rookies
09-11-2015, 09:05 AM
Seems like yesterday...

It was the most earth stopping moment, since JFK visited Dallas in a motorcade. I recall, that because my biz (Federal Gov) did not have a TV handy and using the INet for this purpose was verboten, my good friend and I slipped quietly across the street to a Roadhouse Restaurant and watched spellbound for 2-3 hours.

I was only there once, during a visit to NYC, just before the new Millenium began. I believe, there were vistas of 3 bridges and I have a picture and a couple of packs from the 'Greatest Bar in the World'. A horrific time, that changed the world irreparably and will always be remembered.

Tom
09-11-2015, 09:17 AM
Seems like yesterday...

In many ways, it was.
We are in more denial and danger today than we were on 9/10/2011.

MutuelClerk
09-11-2015, 10:23 AM
The country was united. As usual the politicians weren't.

ebcorde
09-11-2015, 11:05 AM
would have been his fault.

Tom
09-11-2015, 12:41 PM
The day after 9/11, I got a phone call from a guy in India. We sold Xerox copier parts to their India plant, and this guy worked on the shipping dock there. He saw our address as NY on the boxes and he got my name and phone number from the customs paperwork.

He called to say how sorry he was for the trajedy that we just went through and hoped I was safe. I explained that we were 360 mile west of the city and that all was fine here.

I was floored that this total stranger would call another stranger just to give him well wishes.

What a truly nice gentleman.! I never forgot him and never will. The terrorists will never win as long as we have real people like this guy around. 9/11 brought out a lot of good to counter that evil that was rained down on us. Remember the good things that came to play that day and the months that followed.

Marshall Bennett
09-11-2015, 03:55 PM
Unfortunately, it won't be till another such disaster strikes that people here wake up. How soon they forget. :ThmbDown:

Robert Goren
09-11-2015, 04:55 PM
Unfortunately, it won't be till another such disaster strikes that people here wake up. How soon they forget. :ThmbDown:I am afraid you are corrected.

woodtoo
09-11-2015, 05:04 PM
Lightning strike crane in Saudi Arabia, giant crane falls on Mecca Grand Mosque 65 killed. Karma ?

Tom
09-11-2015, 09:25 PM
28 pages......naming names, organizations that are implicated in enabling 9/11 to happen. Obama promised declassify them when he took office, yet he has so far placed 18,000 holes of golf ahead of this.

Why?

Who is he protecting?
Why are these people not being held accountable?

Is the Saudi royal family that important?

therussmeister
09-12-2015, 11:36 AM
Lightning strike crane in Saudi Arabia, giant crane falls on Mecca Grand Mosque 65 killed. Karma ?
No.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-12-2015, 12:19 PM

Odd coincidence, the crane belonged to a company owned by the Bin Laden Family.

therussmeister
09-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Odd coincidence, the crane belonged to a company owned by the Bin Laden Family.
Maybe not. Maybe the Bin Laden family has a monopoly on construction cranes in Saudi Arabia.