PDA

View Full Version : TimeformUS Q/A

Kash$
09-10-2015, 08:51 PM
CJ,

This morning Moss claimed there isnt enough data to get a pace(true) number for turf races,
TimeformUS has had turf pace numbers from day 1 am i missing something?

The average spotlight figure horse wins at 29% i think from a sample of 29,000 races does that number still the same today?

cj
09-11-2015, 08:50 AM
I'll answer you guys soon, in the middle of traveling.

Kash$
09-11-2015, 09:18 AM
For the record, Randy said that at the time the Moss figures were originally developed there wasn't enough information on rail settings and run ups to create good turf figures. Plus, he felt that pace figures are less valuable on turf. So he did not pursue it.

Since then, Equibase has begun tracking more information and now has several years of data. So it's a project that he may consider in the future, but the data is still shaky at best when you consider the number of rail settings at some tracks (like GP) and that some tracks still manually clock the fractions.

So he is still of the opinion that given that pace figures are less valuable on turf and could not be as accurate, he'd rather wait until these issues are resolved so he can provide excellent figures for turf too.

So my question to CJ wouldnt this apply for TUS ?

cj
09-11-2015, 10:04 AM
So my question to CJ wouldnt this apply for TUS ?

No, this doesn't apply...I put in the required work regarding rail settings and run ups.

Tom
09-11-2015, 10:13 AM
And it shows......!:ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
09-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Having tried both, I would rank rank the TimeformUS pace figures higher than the Moss pace figures.

I found the TFUS to have the advantage of a more accurate rating system in general, and to be more accurate over a wider range/variety of race types(less races where the rating couldn't handle the race).

The Moss figs have the advantage of being within the DRF format. So that if a user was only comfortable reading DRF it would be the easiest transition.

Kash$
09-18-2015, 02:36 PM
CJ what date will the Breeders Cup package be available?

cj
09-18-2015, 03:34 PM
CJ what date will the Breeders Cup package be available?

I'll ask, but I wouldn't think until at least all the big preps are done.