PDA

View Full Version : Jock Elliott splits money

WINMANWIN
06-07-2004, 02:03 PM
As some of you observant astute cappers saw, Jock Stew Elliott
Represented the corporation name INFONE, I think thats correct :confused: Anyway, I heard he received the sum of $250,000.00 to wear the companies logo on his JOCK SILKS. He graciously SPLIT the whole 250k with the Servis barn. Exercise rider, Assistant trainers, Groom, Etc. Nice Gesture Stewie.

kenwoodallpromos
06-07-2004, 02:15 PM
I agree. I wish i was shoveling manure in that barn that day! That is class.

SilverSow
06-07-2004, 02:22 PM
This is a GREAT story... thanks for posting...

Dave

Buddha
06-07-2004, 03:27 PM
I think that is the way it should be. jock should split the money from the ads they wear, at least with the owner, since it is their horse. glad to see he is helping the others around the barn.

CryingForTheHorses
06-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Miami Herald june 6/04
$200.000 logo
Smarty Jones jockey Stewart Elliott was paid $200.000 to wear the logo for Infone,He spilt 1/2 the winnings with the rest of the Smarty Jones crew...100k, What a classy guy.In this game of racings, The grooms,hotwalkers and exercise people are the long forgotten people. If it wasnt for these people, Racing would come to a stand still. When I was younger,spent many years working the backside, Was a great thing when a owner or jockey came up to you and handed you a c-note cause he won a race, I always look after people who look out for me. These people spend a lot of time and work very hard...Not to mention the dangers of working with the horses...Good for you Stewie!!. Those people will NEVER ever forget you the rest of their lives

sq764
06-07-2004, 05:15 PM
So after this past 5 weeks, including this ad money, is it safe to assume that Elliot just made close to a million dollars??

WINMANWIN
06-07-2004, 05:53 PM
I heard a conflicting report, figures, a story is rarely revealed entirely CORRECTLY,:confused: I heard it was split Evenly. I also wonder if Stewie constructed his generosity, before or after losing the Belmont ;) Considering the split of the 5 million VISA triple crown bonus, that evaded him and the Owners.

Tom
06-07-2004, 09:33 PM
So maby racing did indeed get a champion this year-Stewart.
Tip of the helmet to this guy-he oozes class.

sq764
06-07-2004, 09:52 PM
Sad part is that he won 2/3 of the triple crown and possibly could have been thrust into the upper echelon of jocks, with more high profile rides, etc.. But instead, lots of people think he blew the triple crown because of a bad ride