PDA

View Full Version : Epic collapse

Valuist
09-09-2015, 06:39 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a horse in front by NINE lengths with one furlong to go lose before last weekend. But on Polytrack, no lead is safe. Race 6 from September 6 at AP:

http://www.arlingtonpark.com/racing-wagering/toteboard

no breathalyzer
09-09-2015, 06:49 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a horse in front by NINE lengths with one furlong to go lose before last weekend. But on Polytrack, no lead is safe. Race 6 from September 6 at AP:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.. thanks for the reminder. that was unreal. that track has been so speed favoring all meet as well. horses getting hooked the whole race still hold there. That race caused a mini tilt of my bankroll

Stillriledup
09-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Wow

098poi
09-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Even though I knew the 3 was gonna lose because of your post as I was watching I was thinking no way can this horse lose. I owe you 2 bucks I guess.

Valuist
09-09-2015, 07:06 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.. thanks for the reminder. that was unreal. that track has been so speed favoring all meet as well. horses getting hooked the whole race still hold there. That race caused a mini tilt of my bankroll

Did you have $$ on Awesome Aura? That was a brutal beat at 9-2. Funny thing, they had no posted fractional times for the race. The final for the 6 1/2 furlongs was a slow 1:20 4/5. They must've went 45 to the half.

no breathalyzer
09-09-2015, 08:29 PM
Did you have $$ on Awesome Aura? That was a brutal beat at 9-2. Funny thing, they had no posted fractional times for the race. The final for the 6 1/2 furlongs was a slow 1:20 4/5. They must've went 45 to the half.

yes, bet the horse start before when i was at arlington, was '' in tight'' on rail the day after the million.. I was already :jump:celebrating on the phone with my brother.. guess i anchored that one hard :lol:. What made it worse was my steam was getting choppy and all i could hear is thru my brothers phone that the horse was locking up or what ever John Dooley was saying

thespaah
09-09-2015, 10:26 PM
It would have been easier to analyze this if the friggin teletimer did not go on the fritz....I also think the race was hand timed....
The leader must have gone to the half in 45 secs or a tick or two quicker.
That was a HUGE collapse.
I don't think it had anything to do with the track bias breaking down. I think it was just a used up horse....

thespaah
09-09-2015, 10:31 PM

Ok//I juts timed it with an app on my phone...As best I could I got the leader going about 23, 46 and 113....I think this horse just can't go much more than 5 panels without spitting out the bit. Or maybe just that day.....Who knows.

no breathalyzer
09-09-2015, 10:35 PM
track bias has carried speed all meet.. which makes it more of an epic collapse... horse must of stopped breathing or something.. btw that move where the jockey opens up by 10 lengths never turns out good for me. rationing out the speed would of got the job done easily there.

chenoa
09-09-2015, 11:12 PM

Anyone who had some serious coin on this horse to win will be telling the story for the next 50 years. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maximillion
09-09-2015, 11:30 PM
Its kind of symbolic to the epic collapse of racing at AP itself.....depressing.

Valuist
09-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Ok//I juts timed it with an app on my phone...As best I could I got the leader going about 23, 46 and 113....I think this horse just can't go much more than 5 panels without spitting out the bit. Or maybe just that day.....Who knows.

The horse was still in front by probably 5 lengths at the 1/16th pole so probably just needs 6f and not 6 1/2. For most horses, that extra 110 yards doesn't mean much. But in the 3 horse's case, the difference was huge.

taxicab
09-10-2015, 02:03 AM
Wow.
To a complete halt....
Amazing.

chenoa
09-10-2015, 10:15 AM
Wow.
To a complete halt....
Amazing.

Jock needed a buzzer the final 100!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

thespaah
09-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Wow.
To a complete halt....
Amazing.
Like a friend used to say...."got hit in the head with a brick"...
There are so many...
"pulled the chute"...
"Somebody put a piano on his back"...
"Leaking oil"
My favorite...." spat out the bit"

iceknight
09-10-2015, 10:53 AM
Jock needed a buzzer the final 100!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: they need to list it in equipment change first, right?

Stillriledup
09-10-2015, 11:46 AM
they need to list it in equipment change first, right?

They did. It was listed (or in this case not listed) in the 'secret' program available to industry 'insiders'

onefast99
09-10-2015, 12:43 PM
They did. It was listed (or in this case not listed) in the 'secret' program available to industry 'insiders'
Exactly...;)

Stoleitbreezing
09-10-2015, 01:07 PM
I was at Arlington that day as my horse I own a minor percentage of was debuting in this very race. It was a strangely run race to say the least. On paper the field was lacking a true pace setter and was full of stalkers and deep closers that like to hang. I was hoping our FTS could break well and get the lead for this very reason.

After they popped the latch the :3: went looking for the lead and opened up on the field. I thought the :3: was much better then the :4: and may have had a chance if left alone on the lead. Having the :3: dwelt in the stretch with that big lead confirmed my assessment of a weak MSW field. My horse the :5: was in good striking range, but retreated to last in a dull effort. She had some minor bleeding and was not ridden by the jockey shortly after the break. Lasix and a new jockey for her 2nd start, hopefully does the trick.

IL racing is really bad right now. Poly track and the reduced purses are only deteriorating what little quality that may be there.