PDA

View Full Version : Um.simpli.fi? Is it a Trojan or what?

Flysofree
09-09-2015, 05:30 PM
MalwareBytes blocks it on a website that I have used for a long time with no problem. When I go to google and type it in up comes several links, but MalwareBytes blocks them all so I can't read what it is. Anyone here run into this?

NorCalGreg
09-09-2015, 06:16 PM
MalwareBytes blocks it on a website that I have used for a long time with no problem. When I go to google and type it in up comes several links, but MalwareBytes blocks them all so I can't read what it is. Anyone here run into this?

There is something with that site---this is what I get:

403 Forbidden

Flysofree
09-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Thanks > I have sent an email to the website.

Flysofree
09-10-2015, 07:37 AM
The website has not replied to my message. Only MalwareBytes finds this as an issue, not AVG nor windows defender when I run a complete scan of computer none of the 3 find it on my computer. Only Malwarebytes blocks whatever it is on that website. I think it's related to some of the advertising, but could be wrong. Have sent the question to Malwarebytes...awaiting what they say.

Flysofree
09-10-2015, 11:46 AM
The website, did not respond and I think I know why. They are full of advertising even though they offer paid and free memberships. (Senior People Meet). However, Malwarebytes did respond and said this: "If you are able to continue to see the webpage then it means either an ad or a picture is on the page hosted on a server that we block".
I don't know any more than that.