PDA

View Full Version : Polls and articles

karlskorner
01-20-2002, 10:00 AM
Charles Carroll has an "excellent" article, covers the whales, ROI and a lot of other stuff.

www.gambleinparadise.com/gip/articles/view/4

Also DRF ran a poll as to internet betting vs. phone betting

Internet betting 74%
Phone betting 26%

475 people answered. Interesting ratio.

www.drf.com (scroll down)

Karl

melman
01-20-2002, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the link, Karl. Interesting stuff. I know one "whale" who come to the OTB I go to from time to time. Needless to say he is "comped" for everything and his friends also if he says the word. At times he bets more than the entire rest of the customers at the OTB for the day.

Tom
01-20-2002, 05:22 PM
Also DRF ran a poll as to internet betting vs. phone betting

Internet betting 74%
Phone betting 26%

Karl [/B][/QUOTE]

Add one to "On track only" after today. As much as I HATE
going to the track, after today at ULOSE, it has to be an improvement. I selected 5 tracks, and all day long, never saw one single race, never heard one complete race call, and had to re-start ULOSE every time I swtiched from one track to another...except for three times. Those times I had to re-boot the computer. I think it is time to admit that this game is run by total losers and cut the headaches-including HTR, all on-line accounts,
all PP subscriptions, and go back to buying a track program if and when I go. I am just plain tired of putting up with total incompetence. Too bad...HTR was a pretty good program, but if I can't ever depend on actually watching a race, I don't want to bother with the bet. And most weekends, I end up missing more races than I see.
And another one bites the dust........

Tom

cj
01-20-2002, 05:25 PM
Not to be an advertisement, but I've been with Philly Park phonebet for about 3 weeks now and have not had one problem with anything. Every race is shown at all the big tracks, and it is very easy to bet.

PaceAdvantage
01-20-2002, 05:42 PM
Tom,

Saw all the races today on YouBet (using the web version), never got shut out. The races stuttered at times during the video, but I saw just about every race. The CD version I also use (primarily at night). Don't know why you seem to be having so many problems, but you might try customer service?? (I know...YOU probably know more then they will, but it's worth a shot...)

YouBet is the best product out there for the at-home bettor....bar none. No other service gives you video AND wagering AND payoffs and odds, AND PP's all on one screen. Their web-based version is a work of art as far as web programming goes.....

In any event, I love em and hope they last....

==PA

Tom
01-20-2002, 07:26 PM
Glad to hear it works for someone.
CS is of little help-they get it up and running every day, but every day it is something different. Just tired of the hassle. I agree it is a great website, but I just can't use it. Probably either the net in my area or the fact that I have Windows on my cocmputer....I have cable modem, 900mz, 128meg,....can't get much more. Just
have to go to Mac, or one of the new OS's, but then you don't have much software to choose from. I had great video all day-during commercails, the endless chatter by the host between races, then total loss of everything every time a race started-once, I heard "They're off, but no one came out of the gate.
Once, they showed a shot of the picnin area and the little merry-go-round was spinning at warp speed! Best thing I got all day.
I guess I'll have to put up with the cigar-smokin' smelly people at the track from now on....d'oh!

Tom :mad:

PaceAdvantage
01-20-2002, 07:31 PM
I agree it is very frustrating when the stuttering video always seems to happen right after a race starts. One would think this happens because that's when everyone tunes in, but that kind of timing would be hard to reproduce on a regular basis!!

In any event, YouBet ain't perfect, but to me it's the best thing going...

==PA