PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 Computers Not yet at Walmart?

Flysofree
09-07-2015, 11:32 AM
I just looked for an inexpensive laptop at Walmart with Windows 10 preinstalled and they didn't have any for any price. It's been over a month now and I was surprised . What is the delay there?

tupper
09-07-2015, 12:09 PM
This Windows 10 laptop (http://www.frys.com/product/8519169?site=sa:adpages%20page:P101_SU%20date:0906 15) is currently $177 (with a coupon code) at Fry's, with free shipping.

Fry's has several other offers in the "laptop" section of their "Weekly Deals."

Flysofree
09-07-2015, 01:11 PM
I searched for a local FRYS.com and only came up with Chinese stir fried food.. LOL..
That does look like a great deal! Wish they had a local store.. Thanks for the info.

wilderness
09-07-2015, 03:28 PM
I searched for a local FRYS.com and only came up with Chinese stir fried food.. LOL..
That does look like a great deal! Wish they had a local store.. Thanks for the info.

Just add another $80 and they offer free shipping

Actor
09-07-2015, 04:13 PM
I just looked for an inexpensive laptop at Walmart with Windows 10 preinstalled and they didn't have any for any price. It's been over a month now and I was surprised . What is the delay there?I signed up for the free Win10 upgrade figuring I would be forced to sooner or later. I hate it. If you can still get Win8 go for it. Win7 would be better but that's asking too much.

If you really want Win10 check to see if you can get the free upgrade.

NorCalGreg
09-07-2015, 05:42 PM
I signed up for the free Win10 upgrade figuring I would be forced to sooner or later. I hate it. If you can still get Win8 go for it. Win7 would be better but that's asking too much.

Quick question: I'm running windows 8--have the free upgrade to 10 coming---will everything that runs on 8, still work just fine on 10??

NorCalGreg
09-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Quick question: I'm running windows 8--have the free upgrade to 10 coming---will everything that runs on 8, still work just fine on 10??

Yeah NCG...go ahead and run whatever--it'll work fine

NorCalGreg
09-07-2015, 09:13 PM
Well thanks NorCal---took you long enough to answer, though

NorCalGreg
09-07-2015, 09:21 PM
Well thanks NorCal---took you long enough to answer, though

you're lucky I answered at all--don't ever ask any question in that frilly red color again

MONEY
09-07-2015, 09:36 PM
With internet explorer & windows 8, whenever I clicked on a PDF file
it would just open without any problems.

Now with Microsoft Edge & windows 10, whenever I try to open a PDF file
I get a new tab with the following message.

Couldn’t open PDF

Something’s keeping this PDF from opening.

•Go back to the last page

NorCalGreg
09-07-2015, 09:41 PM
With internet explorer & windows 8, whenever I clicked on a PDF file
it would just open without any problems.

Now with Microsoft Edge & windows 10, whenever I try to open a PDF file
I get a new tab with the following message.

Really? I wonder if there is an update for Adobe PDF reader?

MONEY
09-07-2015, 10:01 PM
Really? I wonder if there is an update for Adobe PDF reader?

Thank you.

I thought that when I installed windows 10 that it would come with all
the necessary updates. I was wrong.

I went to the Adobe site and got the update, everything works fine now.

tupper
09-07-2015, 11:08 PM
Just add another $80 and they offer free shippingThe Fry's ad indicated free shipping on almost every item -- no extra charge.

Flysofree
09-08-2015, 07:32 AM
I signed up for the free Win10 upgrade figuring I would be forced to sooner or later. I hate it. If you can still get Win8 go for it. Win7 would be better but that's asking too much.

That's what I have heard from people about my age also...'didn't like it'. They went back to what they had. So I was going to buy the very cheapest one I could find with W 10 installed to get ready for it in a few years.
Not going to order online. Enough can go wrong just picking one up in the store.