PDA

View Full Version : Youbet.com

sq764
06-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Is Youbet down again tonight? Just tried to get in to place a bet and server seems down.. unreal

kenwoodallpromos
06-07-2004, 02:24 PM
I could not sing up last week; they called me back wanting my driver license number so I told them to shiove it.

rrbauer
06-07-2004, 03:08 PM
They maximized their annoyance last week when a check that I requested on May 29 and which their account-transaction log said was mailed on June 1, showed up at my place on June 5th with a June 4th USPS postmark. The check was dated June 1.

Then on Bel stakes day, I couldn't place bets at Hollywood or Belmont that would be confirmed by their software....kept getting some "try to verify" nonsense and "bet expired" messages. And, I couldn't get a wager log to see where I was with any bets. Finally, about 2 hours after the Belmont, I was able to get a wager log to come up and learned that the $10 win wager on the Belmont got placed twice and that the $10 exacta wager got placed three times!

This is pretty sad crap. If their software can't confirm whether a bet has been placed, or not; and, it becomes a big guessing game for the customer, then they need to shut down and revamp.

I pulled my money out Saturday night and that's it. Now, everything is offshore and if I want to play the P6, I'll just go to the track or a simulcast site.

SAL
06-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Same thing happened to me. I kept getting the "unable to verify" message, which to me means the bet was not placed. And then I find out I placed it more times than I wanted. It would have worked out if Smarty had held on though, I ended up with the 9/4 exacta for $30. I think they should issue some sort of refund to people that placed multiple bets.

PSTfredk
06-07-2004, 03:32 PM
I don't know what states you guys live in but if you can

except hollywood, I used them all the time and have never had a problem.They pay track odds and take pick six and it's a ohio
outfit.

If any one tries them tell them FREDK told you about them and i'll
get a referal fee

i have been with them two years.

had no trouble betting belmont saturday even thou my favorite horse ran second there was no problem betting.

sq764
06-07-2004, 03:51 PM
The ONLY 2 reasons I stay with Youbet are:

1) They offer great video selection

2) When I request withdrawals, they are always processed in 2 days back into my acct.

If there was another site that:

1) Offered near as much video
2) Offered ACH depositing/withdrawing
3) Offered the same track coverage..

I would consider

sq764
06-07-2004, 03:54 PM
As a matter of fact, I am trying to log onto Youbet right now and can't get in yet again

PSTfredk
06-07-2004, 03:57 PM
Go into there web site and look at all the live vidoe's that are
available and see if they have the tracks you follow.They have
a phone # that you can call and get the answer on deposits and withdrawals you need as every one has a preference.

PSTfredk
06-07-2004, 04:23 PM
ONE GOOD THING about winticket they have a 100$ sign up
bonus for new accounts. to answer your guestion about withdrawals they are by check only mailed to you the same day that it is requested.

SAL
06-10-2004, 12:27 PM
As a follow up, Youbet refunded all my duplicate bets. I never lodged a formal complaint, they just emailed me a note and refunded the money into my account. For this I have to give them a big thumbs up.

rrbauer
06-10-2004, 12:59 PM
After reading Sal's post, I checked my ubet account and sure enough, $30 had been added. So, in this instance, they made the pot right. (I withdrew the $30 to get the account back to zero!)

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2004, 11:01 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago with YouBet. It was telling me to verify the bet, and that it hadn't been placed. I kept repeating the bet, hoping it would go through....

After the race is off, I check my balance, and lo and behold, ALL the bets went through!!! LOL

Sure enough, my horse lost. I called customer service and explained what had happened, and they credited my account before the day was out....

Never happened again, and no, I would not have called to complain had the horse won....

Hosshead
06-11-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage

Never happened again, and no, I would not have called to complain had the horse won....

Is there ANYBODY that would have done that ?

(besides Mother Teresa)

takeout
06-11-2004, 06:37 AM
Is there anyone out there who under the same circumstances had their horse win? If so, was it paid in full or just on the one bet? If Youbet knew that the extra losing tickets were a mistake then they must've known that the extra winning ones were also.

rrbauer
06-11-2004, 08:21 PM
It doesn't cost them anything to let the "extra" winning bets stand given that it's pari-mutuel, and you're not going to complain if you had the winner more often than you thought. It would be Stronach-like for them to come back on you and cancel those bets.

But, all of these testimonials to "refunds" do little to address the basic problem: YouBet's system platform has a major problem when it can't tell you if a bet was placed, not placed, lost, etc. On Saturday, I tried three times to place a bet at Hollywood and all three times I got a "timed out" message. I gave up. Horse won!

Systems that are dealing with money and financial transactions won't survive with a "works most of the time" approach to business.

Hosshead
06-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by rrbauer
It doesn't cost them anything to let the "extra" winning bets stand given that it's pari-mutuel, and you're not going to complain if you had the winner more often than you thought. It would be Stronach-like for them to come back on you and cancel those bets.

I wonder if Youbet actually transfered (placed) the "Extra" bets into the track pool, or just the "Original" bet.

sq764
06-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Tonight they are having AV issues... It never freaking ends with them..

I have got to get my lazy ass to a better online wagering site.