PDA

View Full Version : The Woodward at Saratoga

grandstander21
09-05-2015, 10:24 AM
Race 10, 1 1/8 miles (Dirt), post time 5:47 pm ET

Liam's Map is a lightly raced four-year-old colt who's won 4 of 6 for Todd Pletcher. His best race was his graded stakes debut in the Whitney last time. He just got run down Honor Code in the near finish. He has dangerous speed and will be on the pace early.

Effinex is good going 1 1/8 miles but he can carry his stamina up to 1 1/4 as shown in the Excelsior and the Suburban. He also ran 107 Beyers in those races. He has had plenty of time off since the Suburban score and the bullet move on August 30 is proof that he's ready to come back.

Coach Inge wasn't too bad winning the Brooklyn as the favorite. The hot pace might have compromised his chances in the Suburban and there is a chance that could happen again here today as he looks to be up and on the pace with Liam's Map and Bay of Plenty.

I'm a little wary of Wicked Strong. He's winless in five starts this year with his last win being in the Jim Dandy as a three-year-old. Handicappers were looking to him as an upset chance in the Whitney but finished fourth, beaten six lengths. However, hs best races have been run at nine furlongs and maybe getting back to this distance could help his cause. I would be careful with him here.

MY SELECTIONS
:2: Liam's Map
:7: Effinex
:6: Coach Inge
:1: Wicked Strong

MJC922
09-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Should be fun to watch. I love the ability Liam's Map has, he's still green and yet the best horses are fully extended to wear him down. Jock hit him left-handed and he's looking all around to see what's up. He jumped the tracks a bit too which may have got him caught at the line.