PDA

View Full Version : DRF Formulator Downloading Problem

Track Collector
09-03-2015, 10:15 PM
On a regular basis, I am receiving an "ERROR Downloading File!" message when trying to download Formulator Past Performance files off the Formulator web page. Sometimes the problem mysteriously goes away if I wait several hours and try again. Other times the problem persists for 24 or more. One of the things I have tried to do is to shut down the computer and then reboot, but I have never found this to make the problem go away, even temporarily.

Any other Formulator users experience this, and what have you done to get the problem corrected.

(One time I contacted DRF and very shortly thereafter I was able to download files, but now the problem is back, and I should not have to contact Tech Support every day I want to download PPs.).

Thanks for any help!

classhandicapper
09-04-2015, 10:36 AM
It should go away as soon as some network updates are done shortly. In the mean time you can usually get around it by using a different browser if it fails on the one you tried first.

highnote
09-04-2015, 01:22 PM
It should go away as soon as some network updates are done shortly. In the mean time you can usually get around it by using a different browser if it fails on the one you tried first.

I have the same thing happen. I try different browsers, but that doesn't work. Sometimes rebooting works and sometimes it doesn't.

Steve 'StatMan'
09-04-2015, 01:33 PM
I've had this problem for 2-3 months. Switching browsers helped me the first time, however eventually had problems on 2 computers & 2 browsers.

Turns out clearing the cookies and most likely tha 'add ons & plug ins' when deleting stuff from cache has solved this problem the last 5-6 times it has occured. I didn't use to delete those from Chrome, just browsing history, sites visited, temp files, etc.

Out of curiosity, do you get a few messages from web pages telling you your Flash Player is out of date? I think there is something fishy with that. I get those messages on social media and youtube often, and always turn it down. I think that is like a Trojan that tries to fool people into thinking that Adobe is sending the message about the player, but instead it adds on plugs in or replaces the proper Adobe flash player with it's own, or modified version, and it doesn't do everything that Formulator does correctly with Adobe Flash, which it uses for most of the Formulator functions. While I always try to close the window box that tries to update the player, instead of clicking on their 'NO' button and risk actually approving their software to make changes to my flash player, there may be some cases where this stuff gets through. Or it might be something else entirely.

Anyway, try clearing your Plug Ins, Add Ons and Cookies (it is a pain reentering passwords again) and it should clear it up.

Track Collector
09-04-2015, 02:23 PM
I've had this problem for 2-3 months. Switching browsers helped me the first time, however eventually had problems on 2 computers & 2 browsers.

Turns out clearing the cookies and most likely tha 'add ons & plug ins' when deleting stuff from cache has solved this problem the last 5-6 times it has occured. I didn't use to delete those from Chrome, just browsing history, sites visited, temp files, etc.

Out of curiosity, do you get a few messages from web pages telling you your Flash Player is out of date? I think there is something fishy with that. I get those messages on social media and youtube often, and always turn it down. I think that is like a Trojan that tries to fool people into thinking that Adobe is sending the message about the player, but instead it adds on plugs in or replaces the proper Adobe flash player with it's own, or modified version, and it doesn't do everything that Formulator does correctly with Adobe Flash, which it uses for most of the Formulator functions. While I always try to close the window box that tries to update the player, instead of clicking on their 'NO' button and risk actually approving their software to make changes to my flash player, there may be some cases where this stuff gets through. Or it might be something else entirely.

Anyway, try clearing your Plug Ins, Add Ons and Cookies (it is a pain reentering passwords again) and it should clear it up.

Yes, 2-3 months is about how long it has been happening.

I did receive a message to update Adobe flash player a while ago too. I did the update and have not had a problem since.

I was able to download about 2 hours later, but I'll try your suggestion the next time it occurs. Thanks!

KingChas
09-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Any other Formulator users experience this, and what have you done to get the problem corrected.

Thanks for any help!

Clear your cache,I use http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/,free version.
If you change your filters/views frequently when using Formulator as I do it really clutters up the computer(cache).
If I don't clean up after using sometimes I can't even get onto Formulator the next day.