PDA

View Full Version : suffolk downs 3 day meet

mabred
09-03-2015, 12:55 PM
The Ma Gaming Commission agreed to lower the take out on all bets
that will be made at the track to 15%.This will start on the second day of the
meet oct 3d and finish on oct 31.The only problem I see is the quality of horses makes it hard to bet IMHO.The 3 stake races for 50k each have horses that are eligible for NWof 2 races lifetime and some races have maidens bottom level in with winners.The entries are up on equibase
so you be the judge and jury.The pp's are on bris.Who are those Jockeys??

Mabred

VeryOldMan
09-03-2015, 04:01 PM
That is one funky looking card. Even has a steeplechase race. And a purse structure looking far different than you usually see at Suffolk Downs.

For others who may have wondered like I did about a "3 day" meet that includes October 31 - the 3 days are September 5, October 3 and October 31.

mabred
09-03-2015, 06:25 PM
lowest takout around so no-one can complain about the churn!!

Waquoit
09-04-2015, 10:59 PM
That is one funky looking card. Even has a steeplechase race. And a purse structure looking far different than you usually see at Suffolk Downs.

For others who may have wondered like I did about a "3 day" meet that includes October 31 - the 3 days are September 5, October 3 and October 31.

Funky is right. The 4th race is for jumpers carrying 150 pounds but is being run on the turf without jumps. But I don't care, I'll be there. I used to go to the Northampton Fair every Labor Day weekend. They are also having a food truck festival.

Having the three days spread out allows the Mass-bred horses three chances to run.

elhelmete
09-04-2015, 11:16 PM
I'm betting a blind Jacobson-Bernardini parlay all the way through with maybe the Clement horse.

soupman2
09-07-2015, 09:42 AM
Classic horse race management. I live 15 miles from Suffolk yet did not know about this meet. I couldn't make Saratoga this year because of health issues and I have been craving live horse action. So instead of heading to Suffolk I hung out and changed the headlight on my car.

Track Collector
09-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Funky is right. The 4th race is for jumpers carrying 150 pounds but is being run on the turf without jumps. But I don't care, I'll be there. I used to go to the Northampton Fair every Labor Day weekend. They are also having a food truck festival.

Having the three days spread out allows the Mass-bred horses three chances to run.

My all-time favorite racing meet.

I miss it. :(

Hambletonian
09-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Northampton had better attendance then Suffolk did when they ran head to head.

Now there is a building smack dab on the back stretch

ronsmac
09-07-2015, 12:20 PM
My all-time favorite racing meet.

I miss it. :(
More than Great Barrington? lol