PDA

View Full Version : Judge throws out Brady suspension

Clocker
09-03-2015, 10:47 AM
A federal judge has dismissed the suspension, ruling that it was based on "several significant legal deficiencies".

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_BRADY_LAWSUIT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

Inner Dirt
09-03-2015, 10:57 AM
I don't know where I stand on that. While I think any suspension was a joke,
and Goodell is a POS dictator, having a Federal judge ruling on a player's punishment seems crazy to me.

EMD4ME
09-03-2015, 11:24 AM
Can I bring a couple of DQ's that I was taken down on to this judge so he can over turn them ?????

Stillriledup
09-03-2015, 01:30 PM
NFL now the BBKFL.

Sean Payton gets a ONE YEAR suspension while Brady, Belichick and Kraft (BBKFL) haven't served one second of suspension for spy gate or deflate gate or anything.

Amazing when you think about it.

Stillriledup
09-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Can I bring a couple of DQ's that I was taken down on to this judge so he can over turn them ?????

That's Gangsta, great post!

EMD4ME
09-03-2015, 08:22 PM
That's Gangsta, great post!

Thanks SRU. How about some "peculiar" rides?

duncan04
09-04-2015, 07:34 AM
The judge has Brady on his fantasy team. :D

tucker6
09-04-2015, 09:46 AM
I will be surprised if the appeals court doesn't overturn this and rebuke the judge. Happens very often.

Stillriledup
09-04-2015, 11:09 AM
The judge has Brady on his fantasy team. :D

My theory is the nfl really wanted this to happen, they're going to feign disgust but in the end it's a win win for them, it keeps this polarizing situation going, gets them Brady back on the field, makes them look like they really wanted to administer justice and gets football fans mad at the judge vs being mad at them. Win win.

tucker6
04-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Looks like Tommy boy lost this game. Four game suspension upheld by US Court of Appeals.

barahona44
04-25-2016, 07:54 PM
Looks like Tommy boy lost this game. Four game suspension upheld by US Court of Appeals.
And you predicted it last year :ThmbUp:
Maybe you should change your screen name to Nostradamus. :)

tucker6
04-25-2016, 08:58 PM
And you predicted it last year :ThmbUp:
Maybe you should change your screen name to Nostradamus. :)
ha, it didn't take a Nostradamus to figure that out. Federal courts hate interfering with labor agreements.

Flysofree
04-26-2016, 02:01 PM
You can't fight the big corporations and win... Tommy should have known that.. But he got to play all the games last year and he turns 39 this season. So, it may work to his advantage after all. Then again, isn't there a higher court if they want to keep fighting. Lawyers gotta make money somehow ... :D

Stillriledup
04-26-2016, 02:38 PM
He should have been suspended before the previous season they need to strip the super bowl

Flysofree
04-26-2016, 02:49 PM
He should have been suspended before the previous season they need to strip the super bowl
Who really cares at this point... I'm sure he doesn't lay awake at night worrying about it... Either way: The NFL saves face. (Tommy gets a footnote to his hall of fame notation or whatever it's called in the NFL).

The entire league is too faced.. Against gambling outside of Vegas, but the owners play games in England, where gambling is permitted. The Billionaire owners will never get enough money. Farce!

Stillriledup
04-26-2016, 04:35 PM
Who really cares at this point... I'm sure he doesn't lay awake at night worrying about it... Either way: The NFL saves face. (Tommy gets a footnote to his hall of fame notation or whatever it's called in the NFL).

The entire league is too faced.. Against gambling outside of Vegas, but the owners play games in England, where gambling is permitted. The Billionaire owners will never get enough money. Farce!
I agree the whole league is nothing more than professional wrassslin

tucker6
04-26-2016, 04:48 PM
You can't fight the big corporations and win... Tommy should have known that.. But he got to play all the games last year and he turns 39 this season. So, it may work to his advantage after all. Then again, isn't there a higher court if they want to keep fighting. Lawyers gotta make money somehow ... :D
actually the appeal worked big time to Brady's advantage. Knowing he was likely going to lose the appeal, he renegotiated his salary this offseason from something like $8M/year to $1M/year plus many incentives. The cost of a 4 game suspension thus went from $1.8M to $235k.

tucker6
04-26-2016, 04:56 PM
The NFL won big in this appeal, and the NFLPA completely blew it by taking it this far. A federal appeals court decision is now the precedent that has been set in all jurisdictions to date. The NFL labor agreement is now on record as giving Goodell broad authority per the labor agreement to enforce discipline as he sees fit. Beyond the practical aspects of what that means, it now gives real bargaining power to the owners at the next labor negotiation. "You want us to give up some of our disciplining power". "Okay, but we want x, y, and z". Before today, giving that power up had less value. The federal court just placed a big legal value on it.

Then you have the legal fees. The NFL has spent $15M on deflategate. Money well spent given the court decision and bargaining power it provides. Also, that's only about four months salary for Roger. The NFLPA has spent just about $6M to date. 32 billionaire owners can swallow 15 big ones much easier than an organization collecting dues can pay a $6M bill, and they lost important legal value as well.