PDA

View Full Version : David Arogona the "new" kid on the block

Kash$
09-02-2015, 07:23 PM
This young cat is money..

Today he loved Dentrite paid $92 and hit the pick 3 $7 grand

Couple weeks ago $19 grand pick6... 4 singles

Last year he was unreal at the Spa..Also hit a pick 6

Hes a trip capper follows only the nyra circuit..Great follow on twitter and his blog is a great read on the days selections..Imo he will be working for Nyra in the near future..

@HorseToWatch on Twitter

That's a horse to watch blog..

Read todays analysis aslo had Mach Seven

ace 2: Claiming $14,000N3L at 6 1/2 furlongs

5 – Mach Seven

I guess if Aleander runs back to his last two, he’s supposed to be tough to beat. However, I don’t really trust him or either half of the Asmussen entry. For that reason, I’m taking a shot with long shot Mach Seven (#5). I know Mach Seven’s a little slow, but he’s been running over his head in a few recent races and actually did okay at this level last time.

$10 Win/Place 5 (Payout: $124.00)

Daily NYRA Selections and Analysis

Saratoga, Day 35 (http://thatsahorsetowatch.com/2015/09/02/saratoga-day-35-2/)

September 2, 2015 by David Aragona (http://thatsahorsetowatch.com/author/admin/) 13 Comments (http://thatsahorsetowatch.com/2015/09/02/saratoga-day-35-2/#comments)

We’re into the final stretch. I’ve just barely been keeping my head above water for the past few weeks, so hopefully we can find enough opportunities during these final six days to pull solidly into positive territory by week’s end.

Wednesday, September 2

Saratoga (http://thatsahorsetowatch.com/category/saratoga)

Race 2: Claiming $14,000N3L at 6 1/2 furlongs

5 – Mach Seven

I guess if Aleander runs back to his last two, he’s supposed to be tough to beat. However, I don’t really trust him or either half of the Asmussen entry. For that reason, I’m taking a shot with long shot Mach Seven (#5). I know Mach Seven’s a little slow, but he’s been running over his head in a few recent races and actually did okay at this level last time.

Race 4: Maiden Special Weight at 6 furlongs for 2-year-old fillies

2 – Nickname

The second time starter that I want is Nickname (#2). While she didn’t have any kind of severe trouble in her debut, she was racing in what appeared to be one of the stronger two-year-old filly maiden heats of the meet. Asmussen’s second time starters are always dangerous here. J La Tache also ran well in her debut, but I get the feeling she was really ready to run first out. Firster Estelle, who is bred to be a runner, albeit going farther, and Sky My Sky, who couldn’t overcome a troubled start in her debut, are the others I’ll use.

$20 Win 2 (Payout: $39.00)
$5 Exacta Key Box 2 with 1,3,7 (Payout: $41.50)

Race 5: Maiden Claiming $40,000 at 5 1/2 furlongs on the turf for NY-bred fillies and mares

6 – Street Lass
9 – Honeychild

This is a very interesting race, which I believe is more wide-open than it may appear at first glance. Sure, Sanfiera can win, as can first time turfer Glare Ice, who actually has pedigree for the surface switch. But there are a couple others I want at bigger prices.

Street Lass (#6) interests me a great deal. I know these aren’t win-early connections (or really, win-ever connections) but this filly’s dam was a NY-bred turf stakes winner who netted over $360,000 during her career. It’s also worth noting that nearly all of her foals have preferred turf despite being by poor turf influence Ommadon, whereas Street Lass is by good turf sire Street Boss. That’s enough for me.

I’m also interested in Honeychild (#9), whose turf races have all come against maiden special weight company. I don’t think her recent form is quite as bad as it looks at first glance and she may have needed her return last time as a prep for this.

$10 Win/Place 6
$10 Win/Place 9
$2 Exacta Key Box 6,9 with 1,3,6,9

Race 6: Claiming $40,000N2L at one mile on the turf

6 – Baldonnel
9 – Dendrite

In the 6th, I’m not putting any significant funds towards trying to beat favored Baldonnel (#6). However I do have a crazy idea about a horse to use underneath: Dendrite (#9).

Hear me out on this one. This horse has had trouble finding the winner’s circle, but I can’t deny that his form since returning from layoff is way more encouraging than it appears on paper. Two back, he battled early with Foxhall Drive through fast fractions, and that one has come back out of that effort with two improved performances. Then last time Dendrite lost all chance in the opening stages when he was steadied back to last, and he actually did a but of running to get back into the race with a wide move on the far turn before flattening out. This distance is more appropriate and I think he could snag a piece at a gigantic price. Again, he’s not really a horse to use heavily on the win end, but throw him in underneath in your exactas and trifectas.

$5 Win/Place 9 (Payout: $321.00)
$2 Trifecta 6 with 9 with ALL
$2 Trifecta 6 with ALL with 9
Meet Total: +$556.75
ROI: $2.19

$2.19 on the toughest meet of the year

no breathalyzer
09-02-2015, 10:54 PM
This young cat is money..

Hes a trip capper follows only the nyra circuit..Great follow on twitter and his blog is a great read on the days selections..Imo he will be working for Nyra in the near future..

@HorseToWatch on Twitter

That's a horse to watch blog..

Read todays analysis aslo had Mach Seven

ace 2: Claiming $14,000N3L at 6 1/2 furlongs

5 – Mach Seven

Saratoga, Day 35 (http://thatsahorsetowatch.com/2015/09/02/saratoga-day-35-2/)

September 2, 2015 by David Aragona (http://thatsahorsetowatch.com/author/admin/) 13 Comments (http://thatsahorsetowatch.com/2015/09/02/saratoga-day-35-2/#comments)

We’re into the final stretch. I’ve just barely been keeping my head above water for the past few weeks, so hopefully we can find enough opportunities during these final six days to pull solidly into positive territory by week’s end.

Wednesday, September 2

Race 2: Claiming $14,000N3L at 6 1/2 furlongs

5 – Mach Seven

Race 4: Maiden Special Weight at 6 furlongs for 2-year-old fillies

2 – Nickname

The second time starter that I want is Nickname (#2). While she didn’t have any kind of severe trouble in her debut, she was racing in what appeared to be one of the stronger two-year-old filly maiden heats of the meet. Asmussen’s second time starters are always dangerous here. J La Tache also ran well in her debut, but I get the feeling she was really ready to run first out. Firster Estelle, who is bred to be a runner, albeit going farther, and Sky My Sky, who couldn’t overcome a troubled start in her debut, are the others I’ll use.

$20 Win 2 (Payout: $39.00)
$5 Exacta Key Box 2 with 1,3,7 (Payout: $41.50)

Race 5: Maiden Claiming $40,000 at 5 1/2 furlongs on the turf for NY-bred fillies and mares

6 – Street Lass
9 – Honeychild

This is a very interesting race, which I believe is more wide-open than it may appear at first glance. Sure, Sanfiera can win, as can first time turfer Glare Ice, who actually has pedigree for the surface switch. But there are a couple others I want at bigger prices.

Street Lass (#6) interests me a great deal. I know these aren’t win-early connections (or really, win-ever connections) but this filly’s dam was a NY-bred turf stakes winner who netted over $360,000 during her career. It’s also worth noting that nearly all of her foals have preferred turf despite being by poor turf influence Ommadon, whereas Street Lass is by good turf sire Street Boss. That’s enough for me.

I’m also interested in Honeychild (#9), whose turf races have all come against maiden special weight company. I don’t think her recent form is quite as bad as it looks at first glance and she may have needed her return last time as a prep for this.

$10 Win/Place 6
$10 Win/Place 9
$2 Exacta Key Box 6,9 with 1,3,6,9

Race 6: Claiming $40,000N2L at one mile on the turf

6 – Baldonnel
9 – Dendrite

In the 6th, I’m not putting any significant funds towards trying to beat favored Baldonnel (#6). However I do have a crazy idea about a horse to use underneath: Dendrite (#9).

Hear me out on this one. This horse has had trouble finding the winner’s circle, but I can’t deny that his form since returning from layoff is way more encouraging than it appears on paper. Two back, he battled early with Foxhall Drive through fast fractions, and that one has come back out of that effort with two improved performances. Then last time Dendrite lost all chance in the opening stages when he was steadied back to last, and he actually did a but of running to get back into the race with a wide move on the far turn before flattening out. This distance is more appropriate and I think he could snag a piece at a gigantic price. Again, he’s not really a horse to use heavily on the win end, but throw him in underneath in your exactas and trifectas.

$5 Win/Place 9 (Payout: $321.00)
$2 Trifecta 6 with 9 with ALL
$2 Trifecta 6 with ALL with 9
Meet Total: +$556.75
ROI: $2.19

$2.19 on the toughest meet of the year

Came across his website a couple yrs ago by accident Excellent handicapper. i follow his picks daily. :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

pandy
09-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Kash, he didn't exactly "love" Dendrite, he said it was a horse to use underneath at a price...but it was a good analysis. I looked ove Dendrite very carefully in that race because my Diamond System picked him 2nd and he was also ranked 2nd on Early Speed. The turf course has become more speed favoring the past few days after weeks of dry weather and that really is the reason why Dendrite won.

Thanks for the post, I'll check this guy out. I like to see a good young handicapper make a name for himself. If I had seen this yesterday I may have had the exacta, my Best Bet finished 2nd.

EMD4ME
09-03-2015, 10:26 AM
Kash, he didn't exactly "love" Dendrite, he said it was a horse to use underneath at a price...but it was a good analysis. I looked ove Dendrite very carefully in that race because my Diamond System picked him 2nd and he was also ranked 2nd on Early Speed. The turf course has become more speed favoring the past few days after weeks of dry weather and that really is the reason why Dendrite won.

Thanks for the post, I'll check this guy out. I like to see a good young handicapper make a name for himself. If I had seen this yesterday I may have had the exacta, my Best Bet finished 2nd.

Pandy,

How did you feel about race 3 yesterday? (If it wasn't you that I discussed Race 3 with, please forgive me)

EMD4ME

pandy
09-03-2015, 11:12 AM
Yes, that was me who went over the race with you. We were right about the bad favorite, .75 cents to a dollar was ridiculous, but I really didn't like the winner.

EMD4ME
09-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Yes, that was me who went over the race with you. We were right about the bad favorite, .75 cents to a dollar was ridiculous, but I really didn't like the winner.

I wasn't right AT ALL :bang: :bang: :bang:

3 speeds,none go. Smart ride by JV sitting pocket on the winner. The 6 totally floundered and of course my 35/1 sneaky bomb ran off in the post parade. What a disaster for me :mad:

Kash$
09-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Another profitable day at the Spa

Saratoga, Day 36

September 2, 2015 by David Aragona (http://thatsahorsetowatch.com/author/admin/) 2 Comments (http://thatsahorsetowatch.com/2015/09/02/saratoga-day-36-2/#comments)

Thursday, September 3

Race 2: Allowance N1X at 1 1/8 miles for NY-breds

1 – Hunt’s Road

$25 Win 1
$5 Exacta Box 1,4

Race 5: Maiden Claiming $40,000 at 6 1/2 furlongs for NY-bred fillies and mares

1 – Splash of Sass

$15 Win/Place 1

Race 6: Maiden Special Weight at 5 1/2 furlongs on the turf for 2-year-olds

5 – Rappel

$25 Win 5
$4 Exacta 5 with 3,6,9,10,11
$2 Exacta 3,6,9,10,11 with 5

Race 7: Claiming $35,000N3L at one mile on the turf

4 – Day Six

$20 Win 4
$4 Exacta Key Box 4 with 5,8,9

Race 9: Optional Claiming $40,000/N2X at 5 1/2 furlongs on the turf for NY-bred fillies and mares

7 – Hot Squeeze

$15 Win/Place 7
$5 Exacta Box 7,10

Race 10: Maiden Claiming $40,000 at 1 1/16 miles on the turf for NY-bred fillies and mares

3 – Taramislew

$10 Win/Place 3
$4 Exacta Key Box 3 with 1,10
$4 Trifecta Box 1,3,10

Today’s Wagers: $264.00

ReplayRandall
09-03-2015, 11:30 PM
It's nice that Aragona is having a profitable Saratoga meet, as he has to make up for his horrible 2015 Belmont Spring meet: -$1,229.10 (ROI: $1.53)......He's just another average player.

Kash$
09-04-2015, 06:14 AM
It's nice that Aragona is having a profitable Saratoga meet, as he has to make up for his horrible 2015 Belmont Spring meet: -$1,229.10 (ROI: $1.53)......He's just another average player.

You failed to post his previous two years?
Bankroll
Daily Results

Thursday, September 3

Wagers: $258.00
Payouts: $402.45

+$144.45

Meet Results

2015 Saratoga

+$701.20

(ROI: $2.23)

Yearly Results

-$158.05

(ROI: $1.98)

Recent Meet Totals:

2015 Belmont Spring: -$1,229.10 (ROI: $1.53)
2015 Aqueduct Spring: +$585.60 (ROI: $2.53)
2014-2015 Aqueduct Inner: +$784.20 (ROI: $2.24)

Final 2014: +1,556.90

Final 2013: +$406.20

Final 2012: +1,744.75

By the way are you a average player?

Kash$
09-04-2015, 06:43 AM

BTW Serling thinks highly of David.

Robert Fischer
09-04-2015, 07:53 AM
It's terrific. I wish him continued success. :ThmbUp:

no breathalyzer
09-04-2015, 12:40 PM
Me and this guy agree on a couple selections again today :)..... its been a very good sign lately ;)... I'm just an average player too

Kash$
09-04-2015, 07:18 PM
Me and this guy agree on a couple selections again today :)..... its been a very good sign lately ;)... I'm just an average player too

Today’s Wagers: $287.00
Today’s Payouts: $343.50

Another profitable day

sammy the sage
09-04-2015, 07:59 PM

yeah...we've seen yore posted public plays/thought/contributions BEFORE races...NOT.... :lol: :faint:

Kash$
09-05-2015, 07:41 PM
Today’s Wagers: $362.00
Today’s Payouts: $442.75

Another profitable day

cj
10-22-2015, 05:22 PM
David has started out the week well at TimeformUS hitting with his Belmont Highlight Horse yesterday and today:

http://timeformusblog.com/2015/10/22/thursday-belmont-highlight-horse-dependable-filly-hope-cross-has-never-been-better/

http://timeformusblog.com/2015/10/21/wednesday-belmont-highlight-horse-back-in-with-new-york-breds-bond-vigilante-should-be-hard-to-catch/

Winning or losing selection, David is sharp and worth a read.

HalvOnHorseracing
10-24-2015, 02:21 PM
David has started out the week well at TimeformUS hitting with his Belmont Highlight Horse yesterday and today:

http://timeformusblog.com/2015/10/22/thursday-belmont-highlight-horse-dependable-filly-hope-cross-has-never-been-better/

http://timeformusblog.com/2015/10/21/wednesday-belmont-highlight-horse-back-in-with-new-york-breds-bond-vigilante-should-be-hard-to-catch/

Winning or losing selection, David is sharp and worth a read.

I agree. He's a legitimately skilled player and he will occasionally pop a surprise.

Kash$
11-08-2015, 12:02 PM
David did a great job today :ThmbUp:

cj
11-08-2015, 12:09 PM
David did a great job today :ThmbUp:

Cool, glad to hear it!

Kash$
11-08-2015, 12:13 PM
Cool, glad to hear it!

Amazing young dude knows his stuff.

no breathalyzer
11-08-2015, 02:55 PM
pretty solid 1st day on air. 4 winners out of first 6 races including back to back 9/2 shots :ThmbUp:

Tara73
11-08-2015, 07:43 PM
David did well and out picked Andy.

hracingplyr
11-09-2015, 03:34 PM
Just gave us a 24.00 horse at AQ in the 7th Snake Oil Charlie.

cj
12-26-2015, 12:56 PM
Highlight Horse just won at Aqueduct, $27.40. David's been on a roll, not like this was his only winner recently.

cj
03-19-2016, 04:58 PM
David has been hot lately, but the last at Aqueduct probably takes the cake:

http://timeformusblog.com/2016/03/19/aqueduct-saturday-highlight-horse-yeager-30-1ml-looks-to-break-personal-speed-record/

5 wins at 14-1, exacta comes back $307.50 for a deuce.

mannyberrios
03-19-2016, 06:32 PM
He is doing well of late

cj
03-19-2016, 06:34 PM
He is doing well of late

Not to brag on him too much, but he has been doing well for quite a while. I don't post often about him but a $307 exact is noteworthy IMO.

no breathalyzer
03-19-2016, 07:28 PM
VERY SHARP GUY

Tara73
03-21-2016, 11:23 PM
The words out and unfortunately his picks, especially the Timeform highlight horse, is being bet.

VigorsTheGrey
03-21-2016, 11:46 PM
The words out and unfortunately his picks, especially the Timeform highlight horse, is being bet.

Sunday not too hot of a day for him with a 2, 5, 6, 2, 3 finish for his picks. Cost me some money blindly following them...Like anything else I thinks anyones pick must be evaluated for oneself against what one thinks for himself...betting blindly is not the way to go...but maybe I'm wrong... what do you think?

Racey
03-21-2016, 11:54 PM
public handicapper...... the kid was cold as ice for a long time when he took over for Mike Beer never read a word about it then...so appears to have a few fan boys during this recent run. It is a tough job always take the good with the bad runs.

Stillriledup
03-22-2016, 01:41 AM
Sunday not too hot of a day for him with a 2, 5, 6, 2, 3 finish for his picks. Cost me some money blindly following them...Like anything else I thinks anyones pick must be evaluated for oneself against what one thinks for himself...betting blindly is not the way to go...but maybe I'm wrong... what do you think?

I won't bet a pick blindly, ill need some logic attached to the pick, it's the logic that can sway me, not the reputation of the picker.

NorCalGreg
03-22-2016, 04:21 AM

Here's just one way a good public handicapper can be useful---I'm not in the running at all for the RDSS pick-4 contest.
(Think we are legally obligated to call it the "RDSS" pick-4 contest---remember the YUM BRANDS Kentucky Derby?) :D

Anyway..I just ran software for my picks..didn't want to spend a lot of time on it....clicked on the NYRA site to see if Andy or David had anything rated highly that I hadn't considered.

Pretty sure it was the kid that had ALL DAY LAWN rated highly. Added that and a couple others--and nailed the pick 4 (presented by RDSS).

Public handicappers aren't to be bet blindly---but are useful to compare to my own selections.

...And let's get real here--Andy or David can 'cap better than 90%+ of us---myself included--if they weren't under the pressure of posting picks for every race--18 hours in advance.

the little guy
03-22-2016, 08:33 AM

David picked the 4th winner, Langfirst, on top. That horse paid $18.60....so blindly following him on Sunday was a winner.

He has had better days, and worse days, like everyone else.

Cice
03-22-2016, 08:59 AM
Dave started his own website and did quite well on it, hence his hiring. On his site he didn't play every race, some days he would not make any picks if he wasn't feeling any horses, so picking each race every day is really not his forte. I think this is why he has 'focus' horses, in other words his best bets of the day. It is hard being a public handicapper.

pandy
03-22-2016, 09:23 AM
Here's just one way a good public handicapper can be useful---I'm not in the running at all for the RDSS pick-4 contest.
(Think we are legally obligated to call it the "RDSS" pick-4 contest---remember the YUM BRANDS Kentucky Derby?) :D

Anyway..I just ran software for my picks..didn't want to spend a lot of time on it....clicked on the NYRA site to see if Andy or David had anything rated highly that I hadn't considered.

Pretty sure it was the kid that had ALL DAY LAWN rated highly. Added that and a couple others--and nailed the pick 4 (presented by RDSS).

Public handicappers aren't to be bet blindly---but are useful to compare to my own selections.

...And let's get real here--Andy or David can 'cap better than 90%+ of us---myself included--if they weren't under the pressure of posting picks for every race--18 hours in advance.

Very good points. The good thing about the picks posted by Andy, David, Mike Beer, they do not just pick the obvious favorite, and they give you insights about the reasons why they are picking each horse. As you say, you shouldn't bet them blindly, but it is useful to compare to your own selections. They are at a disadvantage because they don't know the scratches, track conditions or bias, or the actual odds or late breaking information.

Another point, anyone who does not consider themselves an expert or master handicapper can learn a lot from reading a professional handicapper's comments, especially guys like this who are not just stating the obvious.

It's a tribute to the NYRA that they have real talent on their website and live track feeds. It shows that they care about the bettors.

VigorsTheGrey
03-22-2016, 10:48 AM
David picked the 4th winner, Langfirst, on top. That horse paid $18.60....so blindly following him on Sunday was a winner.

He has had better days, and worse days, like everyone else.

The website I went to didn't have Langfirst listed...what website cna you point me to?

http://timeformusblog.com/2016/03/20/horses-in-focus-at-aqueduct-and-santa-anita-on-sunday-march-20th/

the little guy
03-22-2016, 10:54 AM
The website I went to didn't have Langfirst listed...what website cna you point me to?

http://timeformusblog.com/2016/03/20/horses-in-focus-at-aqueduct-and-santa-anita-on-sunday-march-20th/

https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/blogs/timeformus-race-analysis/

This where David's analysis is given every day.

cj
03-22-2016, 11:02 AM
public handicapper...... the kid was cold as ice for a long time when he took over for Mike Beer never read a word about it then...so appears to have a few fan boys during this recent run. It is a tough job always take the good with the bad runs.

Really? I'm sure he has had some dry spells like anyone but I don't remember any particularly long cold spells. He took over October 7th, and several posts in this thread pointed out some nice days shortly after.

Maybe you have stats to back up your assertion?

VigorsTheGrey
03-22-2016, 11:02 AM
https://www.nyra.com/aqueduct/blogs/timeformus-race-analysis/

This where David's analysis is given every day.

thank you. got it bookmarked now!

pandy
03-22-2016, 11:18 AM

Anyone who picks a lot of bombs like David does is going to have bad days, but, the chalk picking handicappers have plenty of bad days, too, and they have no hope for getting those losses back.

NorCalGreg
03-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Really? I'm sure he has had some dry spells like anyone but I don't remember any particularly long cold spells. He took over October 7th, and several posts in this thread pointed out some nice days shortly after.

Maybe you have stats to back up your assertion?

Racey's still trying to figure out Pandy's diamond software :D

Racey
03-22-2016, 04:40 PM
pretty funny..... :sleeping: . sorry I asked the guy a question obviously my mistake . As for David like I said you have to take the good runs wit h the bad. To deny he has bad runs after taking over would be a stretch at best not sure I need to post stats.... It is a tough job to pick in advance. The guy has done well in a very difficult game.

cj
03-22-2016, 06:57 PM
pretty funny..... :sleeping: . sorry I asked the guy a question obviously my mistake . As for David like I said you have to take the good runs wit h the bad. To deny he has bad runs after taking over would be a stretch at best not sure I need to post stats.... It is a tough job to pick in advance. The guy has done well in a very difficult game.

the kid was cold as ice for a long time when he took over for Mike Beer

Of course we all have good and bad runs. But that is a far cry from your original post. That is why I posted what I did.

Donttellmeshowme
03-22-2016, 07:58 PM
Anyone follow his picks religiously?

How much does he charge for his picks?

EMD4ME
03-22-2016, 08:02 PM
Anyone follow his picks religiously?

How much does he charge for his picks?

I do. Sharp kid. Evident he does his work.

His picks and comments are free. NYRA.com

Rise Over Run
03-22-2016, 09:27 PM
The word on Aragona being sharp was out long before Timeform hired him. They only thing holding him back on Talking Horses was how well he did in front of the camera. While still being a bit dry at times, he's improved a lot since the first show he did. No knock on Aragona, but he's not on the same level in front of the camera as Mike Beer. The banter between Beer and Serling was very entertaining and informative for this horse player. I'm really looking forward to Aragona and Serling talking about Turf trips at Belmont and Saratoga.

Still, for me, nothing beats the Serling Blewit Talking Horses. Serling is passionate about the trips and Blewit is passionate about the breeding and ownership. They both love the game and it makes me love the game more watching the show.

And I get this all in HD FOR FREE on NYRA.com. All the curmudgeons on this site can complain all they want. Feel free to be miserable, I don't care!

Arapola
03-23-2016, 01:20 PM
The NYRA in house show is TOP-NOTCH.
This new kid has a lot to live up to.
He's off to an excellent start.

cj
03-26-2016, 04:40 PM
Our west coast guy Justin Finch just nailed the 20-1 winner of the New Orleans Handicap.

http://timeformusblog.com/2016/03/24/saturday-stakes-preview-in-the-new-orleans-handicap-at-the-fair-grounds-well-focus-on-two-late-running-longshots/

PressThePace
03-26-2016, 04:47 PM
Our west coast guy Justin Finch just nailed the 20-1 winner of the New Orleans Handicap.

http://timeformusblog.com/2016/03/24/saturday-stakes-preview-in-the-new-orleans-handicap-at-the-fair-grounds-well-focus-on-two-late-running-longshots/

Considered the :7: , but ultimately ended up on the :3: , who was eventually DQ'd from 2nd.

Justin is another top notch handicapper!

cj
09-21-2016, 09:21 PM
This is very impressive.

pandy
09-21-2016, 09:29 PM
This is very impressive.

Proof that trip handicapping is a viable handicapping strategy. Also proof that you have to take shots against the favorites. David is very anti-chalk.

EMD4ME
09-22-2016, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=Kash$]This young cat is money..

Was rereading this entire thread, I have to say:

SHARP THREAD AND SHARP POST about David.

EMD4ME
09-22-2016, 06:48 PM
This is very impressive.

Very impressive.

I met him a couple of times on the 2nd floor of the BIG A. Was nice and although I introduced myself as EMD4ME from PA (and he looked at me like PA what?-no offense PA and PA Nation) he was cordial and took the time to talk some horses.

no breathalyzer
09-23-2016, 08:11 AM
:ThmbUp: yep one of the true good public handicappers out there

classhandicapper
09-23-2016, 09:05 AM
Those are fairly amazing results, especially given that he doesn't get to watch the late odds or see how the track is playing.

Cice
09-23-2016, 10:05 AM
What really holds him back is his employment with Timeform. I used to check him out pre-hire via his website and some days he wouldn't give an opinion, some days he'd give one or two. Now he HAS to give 3 - 5 opinions, the highlight horse is his way of telling us this is his choice regardless of timeform stats, etc. Excellent capper!

cj
09-23-2016, 10:27 AM
What really holds him back is his employment with Timeform. I used to check him out pre-hire via his website and some days he wouldn't give an opinion, some days he'd give one or two. Now he HAS to give 3 - 5 opinions, the highlight horse is his way of telling us this is his choice regardless of timeform stats, etc. Excellent capper!

I doubt David would agree that somehow TimeformUS is holding him back.

Cice
09-24-2016, 10:24 AM
I've been 'following' him for a minute, since damn near when he first got started with his website.

When he 1st got hired, he had to cap every race for NYRA and didn't do too well. They cut him back to a few races and he acknowledged on Twitter (responding to one of my tweets) that he didn't want to give his opinion on every race, it was in essence 'holding him back'.

Like I said, he'd prefer not to give opinions on 3-4 races that he is required to do, he'd rather do 1 or 2 and sometimes none if he sees nothing for the day. I don't think Timeform will like or allow that, nor should they.

cnollfan
09-28-2016, 01:11 PM
I don't follow that many public handicappers but Aragona is an exception. Even if I don't always agree with his picks his reasoning is clear, concise, and useful. And he comes up with more than his share of good ones. I would not think of betting an NYRA card without reading Aragona.