PDA

View Full Version : BELMONT / NBC

daylami
06-06-2004, 03:23 PM
isn't it a joke that for the second year in a row they couldn't take 2 minutes to show the manhattan turf race?

half the people i wtched the race with at my healthclub didn'teven know that they run races on the grass.

but they insist on showing these bring set pieces that explain the obvious over and over.

cj
06-06-2004, 04:32 PM
A bunch of us in the War Room were surprised they didn't show it, though I'm not sure why we were surprised. Seems to be the norm these days.

blind squirrel
06-06-2004, 04:41 PM
they had the highest ratings since SEATTLE SLEWS
TRIPLE CROWN.....13.4.....about 6 times the
NHL finals.probably the other way around in
CANADA EH?

Tom
06-06-2004, 08:20 PM
The entire crew at NBC sports area absolute jokes. They have no friggin idea what a sporting event is all about. When they had football, I would watch whatever was on the other network or not watch at all they were so pathetic. Their team for the horse racing coverage is an absolute disgrace to the sport. Not a one of them had a clue what they werre talking about yesterday. Especially that idiot niece of some exec who was pretending to be a reporter.

Hammerhead
06-06-2004, 09:27 PM
It seems all these jackass better then thou high feluttin. jerk national stations, we are better then you are and we know what you want to watch. because it says so right here on my friggin paper. We took a poll.
Espn had covered most of the races and then cut to NBC after the 9th. Nabisco Bitten Crocks choose to put there own stupid spin on the rest of history (they thought) and screwed it up as the country was only betting on the Belmont and wouldn't have a clue that other racing was even considered before this National attraction. Still pissed over removal of Pha from Ubet.
Retireing soon and I will make it with the ponies from here. New Michlenins I believe. Adios

JPinMaryland
06-06-2004, 10:56 PM
Yeah NBC coverage sucks. Did they do the derby too? Watching that KY derby, one of the guys on the NBC telecast picked Limestone to win!

Duh. Hank Goldberg is like the only one who seems to know his stuff, is he ESPN or both? One of the guys was reading cue cards for his favorites didnt even know racing it was so obvious.

PaceAdvantage
06-07-2004, 10:28 AM
You don't watch the regular ESPN racing broadcasts do you? If you did, you'd be cringing half the time when Hank Goldberg comes on the screen.

alysheba88
06-07-2004, 10:31 AM
If NBC had their way they would not have shown the Belmont live either. Would have shown it at 11pm. They despite live events and will do everything they can to show tape delay so they can hype the event for hours on end and show human interests stories