PDA

View Full Version : Country waltz race 4 mountaineer

Stillriledup
09-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Interesting ride, ESP in the lane when it looked like he was going to pass the 4 up the rail, reigns got a little tight.

no breathalyzer
09-01-2015, 10:02 PM
nothing to see here

NorCalGreg
09-01-2015, 11:16 PM
Interesting ride, ESP in the lane when it looked like he was going to pass the 4 up the rail, reigns got a little tight.

Did you have the PP's for that race, SRU? That horse is a money burner of the highest order. They've tried every class level and distance to no avail. Never ceases to amaze me that horses like this are sent off as even money fav. time and again. The reigns didn't get tight at the 1/16th pole, SRU.....the horse did. Country Waltz didn't want any part of the lead that close to the wire. Now 0 for 16 & counting.....but favorite in 5 of his last 10. ----With suckers out there running to the windows to bet the "Country Waltzes" of the world....why arent we rich???? :confused:

Stillriledup
09-02-2015, 12:28 AM
You'll be wise to stick that runner in your stable mail for safe keeping, might have been a little voodoo magic, but he was the best horse in there by a comfortable margin and found a way to not hit the ticket.

He rode the horse on the backstretch and into the far turn like the horses in front of him had bubonic plague.

Then somehow he left a wide open rail to steer behind another runner into the far turn, than in the lane his rapid fire whips changed, to my eye it looked like he changed his whipping motion, seemed to get less aggressive, not sure what that was about he was gobbling up that runner and then magically couldn't go past.

Like I said he will crush those next time if he races vs similar, you can bump this thread when he wins next time and thank me. ;)

NorCalGreg
09-02-2015, 01:19 AM
You'll be wise to stick that runner in your stable mail for safe keeping, might have been a little voodoo magic, but he was the best horse in there by a comfortable margin and found a way to not hit the ticket.

He rode the horse on the backstretch and into the far turn like the horses in front of him had bubonic plague.

Then somehow he left a wide open rail to steer behind another runner into the far turn, than in the lane his rapid fire whips changed, to my eye it looked like he changed his whipping motion, seemed to get less aggressive, not sure what that was about he was gobbling up that runner and then magically couldn't go past.

Like I said he will crush those next time if he races vs similar, you can bump this thread when he wins next time and thank me. ;)

SRU You're seeing conspiracies and disregarding common sense. Do you honestly think Country Waltz is a good bet next time out @ say, 8/5? She's 0 for 16 NOW--you would wager U.S. Dollars @ 9/5 -a pitiful $5.80 payoff--that the 16 race losing streak will end?
If Country Waltz does happen to win next time out go ahead and bump this thread--you'll win the battle but lose the war my friend. Good luck :)
-NCG

menifee
09-02-2015, 02:01 AM

There was nothing to see here. Please tell me you didn't bet this horse at even money. WV state bred 5k maiden claimer that couldn't pass you in the stretch. That horse is such a hanger and it did the same exact thing when it came up to the 4.

Stillriledup
09-02-2015, 02:03 AM
SRU You're seeing conspiracies and disregarding common sense. Do you honestly think Country Waltz is a good bet next time out @ say, 8/5? She's 0 for 16 NOW--you would wager U.S. Dollars @ 9/5 -a pitiful $5.80 payoff--that the 16 race losing streak will end?
If Country Waltz does happen to win next time out go ahead and bump this thread--you'll win the battle but lose the war my friend. Good luck :)
-NCG

You can't have it both ways.

NorCalGreg
09-02-2015, 02:55 AM
You can't have it both ways.

Yeah, you got me there SRU. Was just trying to cover my ass in case I was totally wrong, and the horses connections really did stiff Country Waltz 16 times in a row. It was probably obvious as hell on the replay, I'm not real good at spotting those subtle nuances and whipping actions you referred to.
Good luck
NCG

Stillriledup
09-02-2015, 04:03 AM
Yeah, you got me there SRU. Was just trying to cover my ass in case I was totally wrong, and the horses connections really did stiff Country Waltz 16 times in a row. It was probably obvious as hell on the replay, I'm not real good at spotting those subtle nuances and whipping actions you referred to.
Good luck
NCG

You could learn if you want to. Have an open mind.

NorCalGreg
09-02-2015, 01:30 PM
You could learn if you want to. Have an open mind.

Okay......sarcasm isn't your strong suit. I get it. Enjoy your day

Stillriledup
09-02-2015, 01:36 PM
Okay......sarcasm isn't your strong suit. I get it. Enjoy your day

Just trying to help, if you feel there's nothing more you can learn about this game, I'm not going to twist your arm.

Stillriledup
09-15-2015, 11:00 PM
There was nothing to see here. Please tell me you didn't bet this horse at even money. WV state bred 5k maiden claimer that couldn't pass you in the stretch. That horse is such a hanger and it did the same exact thing when it came up to the 4.

5NNOrp_83RU

NorCalGreg
09-16-2015, 01:27 AM
You are such a lamer, SRU. You post an entire thread? Feel better do ya?

I asked you early yesterday morning,Country Waltz was running, why don't

you post it on the HTW thread? Remember your reply? You asked ME if I

thought it had a chance.

I saw he was entered, I didn't hcp the race, does he have a shot?

I don't really enjoy baggin on people, and I did apologize already for letting that go on that night. If a horse looks good, post it up. If we lose 70% were doing good, right--later
-NCG

Stillriledup
09-16-2015, 02:35 AM

thought it had a chance.

I don't really enjoy baggin on people, and I did apologize already for letting that go on that night. If a horse looks good, post it up. If we lose 70% were doing good, right--later
-NCG

Read post 4 of this thread, I released the winner there, how many times do I have to release it?

Why not just say thanks for the winner, it's not that difficult.

Stillriledup
09-16-2015, 12:46 PM

thought it had a chance.

-NCG
I posted up some picks for KYD and Belmont in selections section, lets see if we can get lucky today!

Stillriledup
09-30-2015, 10:54 PM
Anyone want to take a look at the ride of country waltzes original (original post) jock who also rode a horse tonight called Practical Joker in the 8th tonight at Mountain.

He made a menacing move to the top of the lane, look like he had a good shot to win circling wide, jock aggressively urged him entering the lane, but as they came Down the stretch, the urging went away for the most part, I don't want to say the guy was trying to blow 2nd but he cut it really close, not sure why this aggressive rider turned into Minnie Mouse in the final 16th.

This was similar looking to country waltz, the guy got after the horse hard than didnt continue with that brand of strong urging. I'm stumped.

no breathalyzer
10-01-2015, 12:02 AM
Anyone want to take a look at the ride of country waltzes original (original post) jock who also rode a horse tonight called Practical Joker in the 8th tonight at Mountain.

He made a menacing move to the top of the lane, look like he had a good shot to win circling wide, jock aggressively urged him entering the lane, but as they came Down the stretch, the urging went away for the most part, I don't want to say the guy was trying to blow 2nd but he cut it really close, not sure why this aggressive rider turned into Minnie Mouse in the final 16th.

This was similar looking to country waltz, the guy got after the horse hard than didnt continue with that brand of strong urging. I'm stumped.

never getting to the winner .. know i got 2nd ride. not sure whats so stumping.. horse was under a HARD drive before the bend home. Eddie Martin is a good hard knocking rider, under rated in my book. horse was spent gave all he had and jockey sensed it. 2nd by a head or 2nd place by 2 lengths pays the same.

Stillriledup
10-01-2015, 12:22 AM
never getting to the winner .. know i got 2nd ride. not sure whats so stumping.. horse was under a HARD drive before the bend home. Eddie Martin is a good hard knocking rider, under rated in my book. horse was spent gave all he had and jockey sensed it. 2nd by a head or 2nd place by 2 lengths pays the same.

How was the horse spent? He was a one move closer, the horse he struggled to pass late for 2nd should have been the one spent. Also remember ALL horses are 'spent' this is why typical sprint races see fractions that get progressively slower as the race goes on. I'm pretty sure bettors are just looking for a hard ride to the wire, the tired excuse is just that, an excuse. Ride hard to the wire, why is this so much to ask? It's not like this was the horse who was cooked in the duel, he was the fresh horse off the duel and has shown success in route races, no way he's 'spent' while making one move from the back in a sprint race and even if he's a little tired so what, if every jock stopped riding tired horses we would have a lot more rides like this.

NorCalGreg
10-01-2015, 01:00 AM
How was the horse spent? He was a one move closer, the horse he struggled to pass late for 2nd should have been the one spent. Also remember ALL horses are 'spent' this is why typical sprint races see fractions that get progressively slower as the race goes on. I'm pretty sure bettors are just looking for a hard ride to the wire, the tired excuse is just that, an excuse. Ride hard to the wire, why is this so much to ask? It's not like this was the horse who was cooked in the duel, he was the fresh horse off the duel and has shown success in route races, no way he's 'spent' while making one move from the back in a sprint race and even if he's a little tired so what, if every jock stopped riding tired horses we would have a lot more rides like this.

I saw the same thing Breathalyzer saw.....a spent horse. Country Waltz had to check-up, this rider just didn't have any more horse left to get there. The only similarity in the two races was they had the same rider, and the same result.
Anyway....you asked people to look at the race.
Have a good evening
-NCG

Stillriledup
10-01-2015, 02:49 AM
I saw the same thing Breathalyzer saw.....a spent horse. Country Waltz had to check-up, this rider just didn't have any more horse left to get there. The only similarity in the two races was they had the same rider, and the same result.
Anyway....you asked people to look at the race.
Have a good evening
-NCG

My point was that even if the horse is tired, why is the rider riding differently? 98 pct of all the horses at mountaineer are 'struggling home' it's a tiring track and most of the races are cheap, yet, some jocks are belly down to the wire and some are not. If a jock is allowed to look like that and ride like that late in the race, how come we don't see that more often? There are plenty of races at mountain where the entire field is spent, nobody has 'horse' at this place, yet most of them are riding hard to the wire anyway.

mountainman
10-01-2015, 08:38 AM
Practical Joker LIVES to hang. At any trip. And lots of wide closers have loomed but lost momentum here lately. And most tellingly, 6.6 is a stout final sixteenth at the distance, and nearly impossible to gain into.

Furthermore, there's no way in CREATION that any jock would stiff Mike Baird. He's too on top of things, too well-respected, and has too many live mounts to dole out.

v j stauffer
10-01-2015, 11:01 AM
Read post 4 of this thread, I released the winner there, how many times do I have to release it?

Why not just say thanks for the winner, it's not that difficult.

Are you Lester from the DMTC forum?

johnhannibalsmith
10-01-2015, 12:03 PM
Are you Lester from the DMTC forum?

I smell a lawsuite.

chenoa
10-01-2015, 07:44 PM
I smell a lawsuite.

Guess Vic got the moderator gig afterall. :lol: