PDA

View Full Version : Poker Pro needs financial insights

fmhealth
09-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Interesting conundrum to say the least!

https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=171941&newpost=2609479

proximity
09-01-2015, 10:46 PM
they're ubiquitous, but i guess being a multi-millionaire poker winner really ain't that easy? :confused:

NorCalGreg
09-01-2015, 11:36 PM
hmmmmm.....first post I've clicked that took me to someone else's forum

thaskalos
09-02-2015, 12:51 AM
A bragger disguised as an advice-seeker. You got $3 million in cash, and you don't know how to invest it...because your "business" demands that you keep a lot of cash on hand. :rolleyes:

Easy. You put the $2 million in conservative investments...and you split the other million between the online and the live playing sites that you frequent. A million dollar bankroll is enough for all but the most conceited. And if you lose the million...then go get a straight job.

MONEY
09-02-2015, 02:20 AM
He could buy 25 houses at foreclosure sales in the Houston area for less than $100,000 a piece. The rents here are about $1,500 a month.
A good management company will do all the work for a reasonable commission, and he could spend the rest of his life playing golf and traveling around the world. He can also play poker if he so chooses.

Robert Goren
09-02-2015, 04:12 PM
The key for him would to be to remain as liquid as possible. Right now is not a good time to be in that position. Even though at the current time they pay next to nothing, I think he should be short term CDs and money market funds. I would want to be able to get at least half my money in five minutes if I were him.