PDA

View Full Version : Mike Luzzi

pandy
09-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Mike Luzzi is listed to ride a horse in the 8th at Saratoga Wednesday. Good to see that. He was injured in a paddock accident last year.

EMD4ME
09-01-2015, 10:43 AM
Mike Luzzi is listed to ride a horse in the 8th at Saratoga Wednesday. Good to see that. He was injured in a paddock accident last year.

Welome back Luzzi ! Best health to you going forward

no breathalyzer
09-01-2015, 10:54 AM
yes! i been waiting for him to comeback, almost made a thread on subject last week.. gl Mike good to see you back :)

Stillriledup
09-01-2015, 11:54 AM
http://www.hrtv.com/videos/mike-luzzi-wins-george-woolf-award/

no breathalyzer
09-05-2015, 12:41 AM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/luzzi-felony-charges-following-domestic-dispute/

Thanks MIKE lUZZI... you took away my cashcow because of youre stupidity ... Luzzi off angle. :mad:

Longshot6977
09-05-2015, 11:56 AM
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/people/luzzi-felony-charges-following-domestic-dispute/

Thanks MIKE lUZZI... you took away my cashcow because of youre stupidity ... Luzzi off angle. :mad:

"According to a report by the Albany Times-Union, police were called to an address on Glenwood Drive in Saratoga, where Luzzi’s wife was discovered with bruises around her neck and items broken in the house. She was taken to the Saratoga Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.......Luzzi faces charges of criminal mischief in the third degree, strangulation in the second degree (both felonies), in addition to assault in the third degree and endangering the welfare of a child."

Unbelievable. What would drive this guy to act this way? Very sad after making a nice comeback from the Aqueduct accident.

Stillriledup
09-05-2015, 02:47 PM
"According to a report by the Albany Times-Union, police were called to an address on Glenwood Drive in Saratoga, where Luzzi’s wife was discovered with bruises around her neck and items broken in the house. She was taken to the Saratoga Hospital for treatment of minor injuries.......Luzzi faces charges of criminal mischief in the third degree, strangulation in the second degree (both felonies), in addition to assault in the third degree and endangering the welfare of a child."

Unbelievable. What would drive this guy to act this way? Very sad after making a nice comeback from the Aqueduct accident.

That's incredible. Less than 6 months ago this guy was in Arcadia Calif receiving an award for being a 'good guy' :bang:

LottaKash
09-05-2015, 02:50 PM

An injury usually involves some sort of pain medication, and if not playing with a full deck emotionally, and perhaps mixed together with an accompanying substance, well then, anything could happen.... Makes some sense, given the explosive result of that situation....

The Hawk
09-05-2015, 09:17 PM
That's incredible. Less than 6 months ago this guy was in Arcadia Calif receiving an award for being a 'good guy' :bang:

That was the George Woolf Award, for exemplary behavior on and off the track.

ReplayRandall
09-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Luzzi's Comments from the Daily Gazette:

Mike Luzzi, whose comeback from serious injuries and life-threatening complications was profiled in Thursday’s edition of The Daily Gazette, claimed Friday that the matter was a “big misunderstanding” and that he and his family were eager to get it resolved.

“Without getting into details, it was kind of a big misunderstanding,” he said. “There was a domestic argument, the police came and thought I was somebody else. Whoever called the police was having a problem with a neighbor.

“We’re in the process of getting that cleared up. My wife and I are 100 percent together, no one got hurt and she came to the station with me. My 15-year-old daughter stepped on some glass. She’s fine. We hope everybody’s patient until this gets straightened out.”

castaway01
09-06-2015, 08:47 AM
Luzzi's Comments from the Daily Gazette:

Mike Luzzi, whose comeback from serious injuries and life-threatening complications was profiled in Thursday’s edition of The Daily Gazette, claimed Friday that the matter was a “big misunderstanding” and that he and his family were eager to get it resolved.

“Without getting into details, it was kind of a big misunderstanding,” he said. “There was a domestic argument, the police came and thought I was somebody else. Whoever called the police was having a problem with a neighbor.

“We’re in the process of getting that cleared up. My wife and I are 100 percent together, no one got hurt and she came to the station with me. My 15-year-old daughter stepped on some glass. She’s fine. We hope everybody’s patient until this gets straightened out.”

Seems to be a bit of a gap between his words (someone stepped on glass) and felony charges of strangling someone (the police report).

chenoa
09-06-2015, 10:23 AM
Broken Glass!!!

Isn't that an Annie Lennox song!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robert Fischer
09-06-2015, 10:42 AM
Sounds like a misunderstanding.

Let's get back on track Mike! :ThmbUp:

grace periods and shelf life and such do not last forever

NY BRED
09-06-2015, 05:21 PM
no problem, simply allow the stewards to review this case.

:lol:

just bustin '
hoping this mess evaporates for Mike, lots of obvious pressure
due to his recent injury.

EasyGoer89
01-29-2017, 02:57 PM
Seemed like he stopped riding the 3 horse in the 6th at aqu (Jan 29) while in a contentious position for 4th, did you see it differently?

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2017, 03:39 PM
Here we go again...bringing back dead threads...why not post in a more hip and happening thread, like the TLG/EMD thread which is all about Aqueduct and is chock full of people thirsting for more debate? :lol:

Or how about the bad rides thread? All sorts of current threads abound, but you have to dredge up an old one so that one or two people might reply back to you on this one...I don't get it.

johnhannibalsmith
01-30-2017, 03:39 PM
He got attention. Mission accomplished.

jk3521
01-30-2017, 06:08 PM
Here we go again...bringing back dead threads...why not post in a more hip and happening thread, like the TLG/EMD thread which is all about Aqueduct and is chock full of people thirsting for more debate? :lol:

Or how about the bad rides thread? All sorts of current threads abound, but you have to dredge up an old one so that one or two people might reply back to you on this one...I don't get it.
Same old SRU ! :D

EasyGoer89
01-30-2017, 06:21 PM

CJ fired me in that specific thread he said I wasn't allowed to post there. I looked for the bad rides thread and couldn't find it, there was an epic bad rides thread back in the day that got locked for some reason.

EMD4ME
01-30-2017, 06:28 PM

Boss, not sure if you know but Easygoer89 was told not to post in the TLG thread or something similar was said as a result of his Beyer comment. It wasn't an option, I believe to post there.

I see some old threads brought back to life, I've done it myself. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Honest question, what if JHB or Mountainman or some new poster bumped up an old thread, would you react that same way?

I'm not loyally defending Easygoer89, just asking as I have bumped some threads, due to the relevancy involved. Was wondering if there was some rule violation for bumping an old thread, that's all.

EMD4ME
01-30-2017, 06:29 PM
Sorry Easygoer89, I started replying and didn't see that you already replied.

I just want to know if old threads being bumped is tabboo.

EasyGoer89
01-30-2017, 06:55 PM
Sorry Easygoer89, I started replying and didn't see that you already replied.

I just want to know if old threads being bumped is tabboo.

I get the 'business' for bumping because I seem to do it more often than most, my theory on bumping is that if the post is relevant to today and it's not locked, ill bump it, I could create an entirely new thread to discuss things but I thought bumping an old thread is more efficient, not sure why so many people get mad at bumping, personally I love old posts bumped by others, I love reading thoughts from back in the day, why that's 'taboo" is not something I know the answer to.

johnhannibalsmith
01-30-2017, 11:52 PM

Honest question, what if JHB or Mountainman or some new poster bumped up an old thread, would you react that same way?

Of course not because it would be one or two times in a decade for any one of those mentioned. SRU used the Jesus picture as his avatar simply for the 'thread resurrection' connection. He goes out of his way to do it. Always has. You are on another planet if you think there's even a legitimate comparison here. Simple fact is this: We're a guest in someone's joint. If you are at a friend's and he tells you to quit smoking cigars and yelling "**** Jorge Ortizismo!" every few minutes, you'd probably do it right?

EMD4ME
01-30-2017, 11:54 PM
Of course not because it would be one or two times in a decade for any one of those mentioned. SRU used the Jesus picture as his avatar simply for the 'thread resurrection' connection. He goes out of his way to do it. Always has. You are on another planet if you think there's even a legitimate comparison here. Simple fact is this: We're a guest in someone's joint. If you are at a friend's and he tells you to quit smoking cigars and yelling "**** Jorge Ortizismo!" every few minutes, you'd probably do it right?

It was an innocent question. No harm meant.

johnhannibalsmith
01-31-2017, 12:01 AM
I understand, but I do recommend picking your spots when it comes to defending your buddy.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2017, 12:01 PM
Boss, not sure if you know but Easygoer89 was told not to post in the TLG thread or something similar was said as a result of his Beyer comment. It wasn't an option, I believe to post there.

I see some old threads brought back to life, I've done it myself. I don't see what's wrong with that.

I'm not loyally defending Easygoer89, just asking as I have bumped some threads, due to the relevancy involved. Was wondering if there was some rule violation for bumping an old thread, that's all.Oh please, like what we say has ever stopped SRU before...

As to your honest question....NO, I wouldn't react in the same way, because they haven't made resurrection one of the center pieces of their existence here.

EMD4ME
01-31-2017, 03:00 PM
Oh please, like what we say has ever stopped SRU before...

As to your honest question....NO, I wouldn't react in the same way, because they haven't made resurrection one of the center pieces of their existence here.

Understood. That's cool. Good to know.

EasyGoer89
01-31-2017, 04:23 PM

Is there some reason you're 'bothered' at an old bump?

Robert Fischer
02-03-2017, 09:31 PM
I have a riding crop that was Mike Luzzi's. In the 80s @ Pimlico, Luzzi was thrown from a horse durring warm-ups, and in frustration he fired his whip towards the railing. It nicked my finger. I was about eight years old. My father was very upset, and he apologized and gave us the whip.