PDA

View Full Version : Awful DQ at Century Downs Saturday Aug.29th Race 3

chenoa
08-31-2015, 11:53 PM
This may be one of the worst DQ's I have seen.

Judges DQ winner Sing Like An Angel for alleged backing up the field in front of the grandstand.

Can be watched at www.centurydowns.com go to live stream and replays and hit RACE 3 AUGUST 29th, interested in what others think.

Genjoi
09-01-2015, 01:11 AM
He backed up and jammed the trailing horse but I don't think it's worth a DQ? :confused:

Sinner369
09-01-2015, 02:29 AM
He backed up and jammed the trailing horse but I don't think it's worth a DQ? :confused:

I have to agree..........the second quarter is the normal quarter where horses tend to get their breather..........the Q2 was timed in 31/2 which is slow but it was comparable to other races.........I guess this was slow for the class this race (open mares).

The first half was 58/2 and the final half was 56/1 seconds.

NorCalGreg
09-01-2015, 04:05 AM
This may be one of the worst DQ's I have seen.

Judges DQ winner Sing Like An Angel for alleged backing up the field in front of the grandstand.

Can be watched at www.centurydowns.com go to live stream and replays and hit RACE 3 AUGUST 29th, interested in what others think.

I'm not a harness player at all but out of curiousity I watched....what was the lead driver supposed to do if his horse was tiring--get out of the way? If the drivers behind the 5 had horses full of run, why didn't they go around? That DQ seemed pretty bogus.
One other question for the harness players--I see the drivers rocking back and forth on their seats, trying to get momentum going...some of those drivers are sorta "portly" --has one of those seats ever just snapped off mid-race?

EMD4ME
09-01-2015, 08:28 AM
I'm not a harness player at all but out of curiousity I watched....what was the lead driver supposed to do if his horse was tiring--get out of the way? If the drivers behind the 5 had horses full of run, why didn't they go around? That DQ seemed pretty bogus.
One other question for the harness players--I see the drivers rocking back and forth on their seats, trying to get momentum going...some of those drivers are sorta "portly" --has one of those seats ever just snapped off mid-race?

Not a harness player BUT as a laymen individual watching that race, I would either 1) never make a bet on harness racing again after watching that bogus DQ or 2) Let's just say Roosevelt Raceway in the 1950's......

I would be ticked off.

chenoa
09-01-2015, 10:04 AM
There are quite a few 30 second plus breathers at this track, and I don't think this is the first time this driver has done this on the front end there.

Having said that though, the driver should either get fine and/or days, a DQ is crazy and the inquiry/dq didn't take more than 3 minutes.

camluck49
09-01-2015, 10:15 AM
After a 27 sec 1st 1/4 he slowed it down to the half. The horse behind him got on the helmet then faded. Really seemed like a thousand races i have watched before. I would never bet a 5 horse field with a 2/5 fav. If i owned the horse and lost the purse money i would be mad.

Sinner369
09-01-2015, 11:17 AM
Should note on the bigger tracks..........the drivers would pull and go around the leader if he tried to slow it down too much...........in this case there were only four other horses in the race.

And the other drivers just sat there and played follow the leader.

Stillriledup
09-01-2015, 12:11 PM
This type of stuff should never affect the horseplayer, if they want to punish the driver for creating a dangerous situation by slowing the pace too much, why bring the bettors into this?

EMD4ME
09-01-2015, 12:50 PM
This type of stuff should never affect the horseplayer, if they want to punish the driver for creating a dangerous situation by slowing the pace too much, why bring the bettors into this?

Bettors or Bettor ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there more than $2 in that track's pools?

Just kidding....Couldn't resist.

Stillriledup
09-01-2015, 03:40 PM
Bettors or Bettor ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there more than $2 in that track's pools?

Just kidding....Couldn't resist.

I put the s at the end, gave them the benne :D