PDA

View Full Version : Espinoza Fined. What about...

Not4Love
08-31-2015, 07:26 PM
Did J. Ortiz get fined for his careless ride in the Sanford Stake? I seriously doubt it. Just Wondering!!!

nijinski
08-31-2015, 08:36 PM
Did J. Ortiz get fined for his careless ride in the Sanford Stake? I seriously doubt it. Just Wondering!!!. With all that could become a a bad wreck from the herding on the track , it was surprising to hear of Victor's 15,000 fine for wearing his name and the 'name Monstor ,I guess the stewards and track took it seriously . No Marketing and he didn't adhere to the rule .pretty big fine!

johnhannibalsmith
08-31-2015, 08:51 PM
About 15 medication violations worth of fine there.

chenoa
08-31-2015, 09:28 PM
4/5 odds says Monster picks up the fine and get more publicity out of it.

Tom
08-31-2015, 09:38 PM
Considering Saratoga was whoring the whole event for weeks, pretty crappy reason for a fine. Who was offended other some idiot in a booth who generally gets it wrong day in day out? I have less respect for NYRA steward than before, and before I had none. Ass clowns. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

moneyandland
08-31-2015, 11:35 PM
Considering Saratoga was whoring the whole event for weeks, pretty crappy reason for a fine. Who was offended other some idiot in a booth who generally gets it wrong day in day out? I have less respect for NYRA steward than before, and before I had none. Ass clowns. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Precisely the reason they fined him, so that the companies that payed to have NYRA advertise them for weeks don't complain

PaceAdvantage
09-01-2015, 02:14 AM
About 15 medication violations worth of fine there.Leave it to you to put things in their proper perspective... :ThmbUp:

chadk66
09-01-2015, 08:46 AM
Considering Saratoga was whoring the whole event for weeks, pretty crappy reason for a fine. Who was offended other some idiot in a booth who generally gets it wrong day in day out? I have less respect for NYRA steward than before, and before I had none. Ass clowns. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:I see what you done there:ThmbUp:

SuperPickle
09-01-2015, 11:44 AM
I'm solidly on team nobody here.

NYRA is just fining him to protect their sponsors.

Victor was told not to do it and did it anyway.

No one is innocent.

And unlike medication violations where you also lose the purse NYRA had to fine him enough so that it was fiscally not in his best interest to do in the future.

Tom
09-01-2015, 11:51 AM
I doubt he is coming back to a NYRA track any time soon.

raybo
09-01-2015, 03:19 PM
. With all that could become a a bad wreck from the herding on the track , it was surprising to hear of Victor's 15,000 fine for wearing his name and the 'name Monstor ,I guess the stewards and track took it seriously . No Marketing and he didn't adhere to the rule .pretty big fine!

He probably got more than $15k from Monster - LOL.

ukbro00
09-02-2015, 09:58 AM
I'm solidly on team nobody here.

NYRA is just fining him to protect their sponsors.

Victor was told not to do it and did it anyway.

No one is innocent.

And unlike medication violations where you also lose the purse NYRA had to fine him enough so that it was fiscally not in his best interest to do in the future.

NYRA didn't fine him. The State of New York fined him after explicitly telling him not to wear it. Victor thought he was above them and has to pay the fine.

Robert Fischer
09-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Racing simply asks for a 'cut' after-the-fact on jockey ads.