PDA

View Full Version : Nucifera

Stillriledup
08-31-2015, 05:34 PM
Is there some reason this horse was never really given a shot to win?

Nobody gave me the memo that he wasn't trying today. :bang:

Kash$
08-31-2015, 05:39 PM

Better question the winner High Noon Rider was the speed of the race?:bang:

cj
08-31-2015, 05:39 PM

Guess the rider didn't expect a 50 half for a mile race on firm turf. Not sure why it wouldn't be expected by bettors and other riders alike, it is the status quo these days.

johnhannibalsmith
08-31-2015, 05:46 PM
Guess the rider didn't expect a 50 half for a mile race on firm turf. Not sure why it wouldn't be expected by bettors and other riders alike, it is the status quo these days.

I'm ashamed to admit that half of my handicapping multi-race wagers there just involves trying to figure out which horse needs an impossibly soft trip on the pace in order to have any shot to win and then just tossing him in without regard for much else. Doubly ashamed to admit that's about the only way I can cash anymore.

SuperPickle
08-31-2015, 06:21 PM

Serling's rant was epic on both twitter and on TV before the 10th.

His quote was essentially if the pp's mean nothing than the serious fans and bettors will leave the sport and it will die.

Here's where I am on this. About two months ago when Raj got hurt the jockeys called a big meeting and asked the stewards to tighten up because they felt it was safety issue. So they called it tight at Saratoga.

It's time someone do the same to the jockeys. They need to be told if they don't stop riding the turf like this turf races will essentially be unbeatable.

Oh and kicker is Castellano won the turf race before this wire-to-wire for Chad Brown and set reasonable fractions. The reaction an hour later? Everyone takes back. It's like they don't even use the last race as point of reference.

v j stauffer
08-31-2015, 06:46 PM

Here's the memo.

Handicap better.

How come EVERY time a race doesn't go your way the jockey didn't try?

You're such a MORON.

v j stauffer
08-31-2015, 06:52 PM
Serling's rant was epic on both twitter and on TV before the 10th.

His quote was essentially if the pp's mean nothing than the serious fans and bettors will leave the sport and it will die.

Here's where I am on this. About two months ago when Raj got hurt the jockeys called a big meeting and asked the stewards to tighten up because they felt it was safety issue. So they called it tight at Saratoga.

It's time someone do the same to the jockeys. They need to be told if they don't stop riding the turf like this turf races will essentially be unbeatable.

Oh and kicker is Castellano won the turf race before this wire-to-wire for Chad Brown and set reasonable fractions. The reaction an hour later? Everyone takes back. It's like they don't even use the last race as point of reference.

Serling has been whining like a baby the entire meeting. Why? Because he's getting crushed and his opinion has been shit.

So, naturally the only clear explanation is the PP's mean nothing and the jocks are idiots.

God forbid that he might just be wrong.

The absolute unquestioned height of arrogance.

Nothing new for him.

Tall One
08-31-2015, 06:59 PM
2 for 2, Goof. Great posts..:ThmbUp:

I bet Almasty back thinking he could get on the lead and wire them in a small field. Didn't get to watch the race yet, but I understand that isn't the case. Should also be noted Weaver has been throwing some prices past few days. Saez(twice) and J Ortiz were the pilots.

no breathalyzer
08-31-2015, 07:05 PM
Serling has been whining like a baby the entire meeting. Why? Because he's getting crushed and his opinion has been shit.

So, naturally the only clear explanation is the PP's mean nothing and the jocks are idiots.

Nothing new for him.

Vic you are on a roll today :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stillriledup
08-31-2015, 07:22 PM
Here's the memo.

Handicap better.

How come EVERY time a race doesn't go your way the jockey didn't try?

You're such a MORON.

The 7 was roaring late, never given a shot, but I'm sure since you don't have cal racing, you wouldn't know that.

As far as the memo goes, the memo I needed was that the guy was going to wrangle him back and never really get after him until it was too late.

Not sure why the harsh tone, what I said was true, the horse was loaded, just too far back.

Stillriledup
08-31-2015, 07:28 PM

Nothing new for him.

As far as Andy's opinion, at least he has one. I don't recall too often where you came in here and got involved in the handicapping threads with picks and analysis and tried to be a positive contributor, all you do is come here after the fact and act like a 5th grader.

SuperPickle
08-31-2015, 07:32 PM
The 7 was roaring late, never given a shot, but I'm sure since you don't have cal racing, you wouldn't know that.

As far as the memo goes, the memo I needed was that the guy was going to wrangle him back and never really get after him until it was too late.

Not sure why the harsh tone, what I said was true, the horse was loaded, just too far back.

Because you implied he wasn't trying to win which wasn't the case.

The winner ran a last quarter in 22 and 2. He had no chance to make up the ground.

Btw... What you said originally was he "wasn't trying today." They tiried. He got no pace to run at. It was a short field and slow pace.

Stillriledup
08-31-2015, 07:53 PM
Because you implied he wasn't trying to win which wasn't the case.

The winner ran a last quarter in 22 and 2. He had no chance to make up the ground.

Btw... What you said originally was he "wasn't trying today." They tiried. He got no pace to run at. It was a short field and slow pace.

Ok, he tried hard, rode as if his life depended on winning. You win.

NTamm1215
08-31-2015, 08:00 PM

Nothing new for him.

And people wonder why you haven't gotten a job in racing since Hollywood closed.

cj
08-31-2015, 08:27 PM
I handicap turf races on the NYRA circuit now like they'll be run ridiculously slow, but that doesn't mean I can predict which horses will benefit. It is impossible looking at the PPs, except apparently for Vic, to guess which horse will be handed an easy, uncontested lead.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the horse today was impossible to have on top. I doubt Andy did either. He had my second best last out speed figure in the race. But this wasn't a race, it was a procession handed to a horse that had never showed an ounce of early speed on turf in his life.

v j stauffer
08-31-2015, 08:32 PM
As far as Andy's opinion, at least he has one. I don't recall too often where you came in here and got involved in the handicapping threads with picks and analysis and tried to be a positive contributor, all you do is come here after the fact and act like a 5th grader.

I've been playing High Stakes tournaments on derbywars.com every day for the last two months.

My picks, before the fact are there for the world to see.

I don't put them on here because I assume nobody cares.

As for todays race, first you said he wasn't trying. Then followed up that he was loaded, came flying, but was given too much to do.

You can't even keep track of your own crap much less being a busy body for everybody else.

Ok. Here's a handicapping opinion.

I saw a maiden run at Saratoga on Aug. 1. I think he's by far the best prospect I've seen this 2yo season.

His name is SticksStatelyDude.

Oh. And I wish I had a dollar for every minute I've spent watching replays on CalRacing. I wouldn't have to play the BCBC or the NHC.

v j stauffer
08-31-2015, 08:39 PM
And people wonder why you haven't gotten a job in racing since Hollywood closed.

Do you actually think people wonder why I haven't gotten a job. Highly doubt they give a crap even a little bit.

I'm retired. Tried for NYRA. Didn't get it.

Decided to enjoy my daughters senior year in HS.

Anything else? Library card? Title of my favorite song?

Go bother someone else. I'm not bothering you. Why me?

v j stauffer
08-31-2015, 08:44 PM
I handicap turf races on the NYRA circuit now like they'll be run ridiculously slow, but that doesn't mean I can predict which horses will benefit. It is impossible looking at the PPs, except apparently for Vic, to guess which horse will be handed an easy, uncontested lead.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the horse today was impossible to have on top. I doubt Andy did either. He had my second best last out speed figure in the race. But this wasn't a race, it was a procession handed to a horse that had never showed an ounce of early speed on turf in his life.

CJ I'm not arguing that they're tough. Confusing indeed. My problem is people like Andy that look for scapegoats and excuses. Never considering that perhaps that was a puzzle he just failed to solve.

That's the very nature of handicapping. It's hard for all of us.

BTW the site I play on derbywars.com has head to head matchups for as much as $799 each.

I'll play anyone, anytime, as many times as you like on either Saratoga or Del Mar.

Then we'll all know for sure.

ANYONE/ANYTIME

Stillriledup
08-31-2015, 08:48 PM
I've been playing High Stakes tournaments on derbywars.com every day for the last two months.

My picks, before the fact are there for the world to see.

I don't put them on here because I assume nobody cares.

As for todays race, first you said he wasn't trying. Then followed up that he was loaded, came flying, but was given too much to do.

You can't even keep track of your own crap much less being a busy body for everybody else.

Ok. Here's a handicapping opinion.

I saw a maiden run at Saratoga on Aug. 1. I think he's by far the best prospect I've seen this 2yo season.

His name is SticksStatelyDude.

Oh. And I wish I had a dollar for every minute I've spent watching replays on CalRacing. I wouldn't have to play the BCBC or the NHC.

Thank you, you see, that wasnt hard, appreciate the info.

taxicab
09-01-2015, 12:42 AM
I just figured it was a clever ride by Luis Saez.
There wasn't much early lick in the race and Saez took the initiative.
Factor in that trainer Weaver has suddenly got very hot with three previous front end winners in the last two days, and voila......$25.00 horse.

PaceAdvantage
09-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Do you actually think people wonder why I haven't gotten a job. Highly doubt they give a crap even a little bit.

I'm retired. Tried for NYRA. Didn't get it.

Decided to enjoy my daughters senior year in HS.

Anything else? Library card? Title of my favorite song?

Go bother someone else. I'm not bothering you. Why me?I think he's bothering you because you decided to take an unprovoked swipe at Andy. I get it. You guys obviously aren't the best of friends (you and Andy I'm talking about), but that was pretty uncalled for, what you wrote.

Did you like it when someone took a swing at you on the Internet while you were calling races or being an analyst on TVG?

v j stauffer
09-01-2015, 01:24 AM
I think he's bothering you because you decided to take an unprovoked swipe at Andy. I get it. You guys obviously aren't the best of friends (you and Andy I'm talking about), but that was pretty uncalled for, what you wrote.

Did you like it when someone took a swing at you on the Internet while you were calling races or being an analyst on TVG?

Truthfully I took the good and the bad pretty much dispassionately either way.

Of course we like the positive better.

I have never met Andy. For years on this and other forums he took many PERSONAL shots at not only my work but me as a person.

He's close friends with Jay Privman who must have told him I was a bad guy.

I always took the high road because I was working for either HP or the CHRB and felt my words represented them. In other words I bit my tongue while he attacked.

Now that I'm a civilian I feel I can be more liberal with my opinion.

I have no idea what kind of person he is. Even if I did I wouldn't be likely to comment on that even though he did about me.

My comments were made about his handicapping and more specifically about his annoying, arrogant way of blaming everybody except himself when he's in a slump.

To me he comes of a cocky and holier than thou.

Come to think of it maybe he's been spending more time with Privman than I thought.