PDA

View Full Version : ADW delays in paying IRS winnings?

KPMats10
08-31-2015, 04:56 PM
It's been a few years since I've had an IRS ticket but I hit one Saturday. I made my bet through twinspires like I always do. The money didn't show immediately but a credit showed on my wagering summary. Sunday, nothing showed up so I called. The rep said they didn't have my full social on file, which is strange since the last time I had an IRS ticket, I got my W2G within the week and money deposited immediately. So I gave my full social to him and he said he couldn't release funds for reasons he doesn't know but the supervisor would be in on Monday and should have it taken care of. So I call this morning, the supervisor has to review it and will call me right back. 5 hours later, no callback so I call back and talk to a guy named Mohammed who can't answer anything nor can his supervisor other than management is reviewing it and the money should be in my account "soon" and "don't worry, you won and you'll get your money, but it just takes time" is this something new with ADW's? I think it's a little ridiculous.

NorCalGreg
08-31-2015, 06:58 PM
It's been a few years since I've had an IRS ticket but I hit one Saturday. I made my bet through twinspires like I always do. The money didn't show immediately but a credit showed on my wagering summary. Sunday, nothing showed up so I called. The rep said they didn't have my full social on file, which is strange since the last time I had an IRS ticket, I got my W2G within the week and money deposited immediately. So I gave my full social to him and he said he couldn't release funds for reasons he doesn't know but the supervisor would be in on Monday and should have it taken care of. So I call this morning, the supervisor has to review it and will call me right back. 5 hours later, no callback so I call back and talk to a guy named Mohammed who can't answer anything nor can his supervisor other than management is reviewing it and the money should be in my account "soon" and "don't worry, you won and you'll get your money, but it just takes time" is this something new with ADW's? I think it's a little ridiculous.

When your in your acct @ TS and you click W2G.....what happens? Trust me, that is NOT something new. I had problems like that with an offshore acct--but not TS.

green80
08-31-2015, 06:59 PM
They are likely in violation of state law by not making your funds available immediately upon supplying them with the proper id and social security info. Find out who's jurisdiction they are under in your state and file a complaint.

horses4courses
08-31-2015, 07:02 PM
Strikes me as highly irregular.
Any resolution today?

I would demand a full explanation as to what occurred.

Hoofless_Wonder
08-31-2015, 07:06 PM
I don't know if it's new, but every business now has to deal with a less-than-friendly, less-than -competent IRS. Some ADWs are still scrutinized due to their <sometimes> years of failure to validate a user's state residency to ensure the transactions (bets) were legal. Companies are now taking additional steps to secure private info as well, so the number of people who have access to your account is probably limited.

If everything from your side is on the "up and up", you have nothing to worry about. If your SSN has been flagged for failure to pay taxes, you may may not see those funds any time soon - regardless of whether or not it's true. Twinspires may very well have their hands tied at this point. Eventually, you should get your dough.

I find it hard to believe they didn't already have your SSN on file, but I believe Twinspires was hacked a couple of years ago, and maybe "the fix" resulted in some info being scrambled when attempting to change the display from a full to a partial number.

I've had similar issues in the past, usually due to me moving from one state to another. Overall, I've had pretty good luck with their customer service, so I'd bet your account will be correct shortly.

KPMats10
08-31-2015, 08:21 PM
The funds were released today but no W2G datake comes up. Never saw this happen before.

Hoofless_Wonder
09-02-2015, 02:59 PM
The funds were released today but no W2G datake comes up. Never saw this happen before.

Are you saying the electronic W2-G didn't get posted for you to download? I always thought that took a few more extra days to process....