PDA

View Full Version : For American Pharoah: The day after

Grits
08-30-2015, 08:53 PM
"If I had to do it again… I'm glad I brought him (to Saratoga)," Baffert said. "Racing needed something like this. He almost pulled it off."

www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/94045/the-day-after-no-regrets-from-team-pharoah (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/94045/the-day-after-no-regrets-from-team-pharoah)

When asked about Zayat's comments Sunday, Baffert said, "Mr. Zayat is a very emotional man. We were all pretty disappointed. We were like in shock. We were surprised he got beat. We weren't really prepared for a losing speech. When we hit it, it was like, we've just got to get through this. "Basically, we'll let the horse tell us what he's doing. I really don't know what the thought is. I know (Zayat) will be going back and forth. He brought him up here. You really have to thank him. He wanted to share him. He's a sportsman for bringing him up here and sharing him with Saratoga. He did it for racing and it didn't work out. He rolled the dice and it didn't work out, but he almost pulled it off. (American Pharoah) was just valiant in defeat and he was trying so hard. He was empty, empty, at the top of the stretch and he was still trying to win. I still thought there was a chance."

pandy
08-30-2015, 09:00 PM
I posted on another thread that there's a video from this morning taken at the same place, I posted it on my timeline. Very nice to see the owners and Baffert let the fans pet their horse. Cool horse.

NorCalGreg
08-30-2015, 11:18 PM
I posted on another thread that there's a video from this morning taken at the same place, I posted it on my timeline. Very nice to see the owners and Baffert let the fans pet their horse. Cool horse.

That was nice....AP seems to love attention and the Zayats make him accessible from time to time, very cool.
*on a side note, pandy...I see you have an article in the latest ATM. Right on, man :ThmbUp:

pandy
08-31-2015, 06:08 AM
That was nice....AP seems to love attention and the Zayats make him accessible from time to time, very cool.
*on a side note, pandy...I see you have an article in the latest ATM. Right on, man :ThmbUp:

Thanks Greg.