PDA

View Full Version : BEYER ON BIRDSTONE:KOD

blind squirrel
06-06-2004, 09:56 AM
Q: Mr. Beyer, What do you think of Birdstone`s chances?
ANDY_BEYER: I guess I put the kiss of death on him when I made him my long-range Kentucky Derby pick last February. How can he win off his recent form? I think Nick Zito is making a mistake persevering with him in a spot like this

from DRF CHAT:BEYER KISS OF DEATH,at least there
is one thing about handicapping that's a "sure thing".

kenwoodallpromos
06-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Grandsire Stormbird won a few grade 1 in Europe www.pedigreequery.com.

andicap
06-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by blind squirrel
Q: Mr. Beyer, What do you think of Birdstone`s chances?
ANDY_BEYER: I guess I put the kiss of death on him when I made him my long-range Kentucky Derby pick last February. How can he win off his recent form? I think Nick Zito is making a mistake persevering with him in a spot like this

from DRF CHAT:BEYER KISS OF DEATH,at least there
is one thing about handicapping that's a "sure thing".

As I said in another post Beyer is not a successful player because he is right so often -- he's wrong a lot. He's successful because he is right on enough longer odds plays (or bets so aggressively on the shorter odds ones he likes) and knows how to play exotics really really well.
When he is right he gets paid for his beliefs in all sorts of exotics and those wins account for most of his profits.
If you recall in "50K Year at the Races," he said a few big hits accounted for most of the $50K. He had a bad Saratoga, but happened to go strong on some horses he loved that bailed him out and much more.

blind squirrel
06-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Don't get me wrong i like BEYER ,but even he would admit
he's been horrible at handicapping TRIPLE CROWN RACES.
now,the 5th race at TAMPA BAY,i'm sure he's had some
great scores.