PDA

View Full Version : Keen Ice gets 127 TimeformUS Speed Figure

cj
08-29-2015, 09:34 PM
...for Travers win. American Pharoah 128. These were there last three figures coming in:

cj
08-29-2015, 09:43 PM
Runhappy with a 131 in the King's Bishop. Flintshire also 131 in Sword Dancer.

NorCalGreg
08-29-2015, 09:45 PM
...for Travers win. American Pharoah 128. These were there last three figures coming in:

Wait--back up! Keen Ice Won...and was awarded a LOWER fig than AP??? LOL...where is that guy that argued this very point for half a day--til you all finally grew weary of entertaining the troll and banished him to wherever trolls go??

cj
08-29-2015, 09:52 PM
Wait--back up! Keen Ice Won...and was awarded a LOWER fig than AP??? LOL...where is that guy that argued this very point for half a day--til you all finally grew weary of entertaining the troll and banished him to wherever trolls go??

It happens from time to time. It happened in the next race too on turf, Tepin rated best.

I don't banish anyone, that is PA's call alone.

Fager Fan
08-29-2015, 10:19 PM

Who doesn't know that losers can get better figs than winners when those figs are based on more than final time?

tzipi
08-29-2015, 10:25 PM
I'm just shocked a bit because he walked a bit easy in the beginning of the race as even Collmus said during his call. I'd have to say Keen gets the better number off that race, but hey, they are just numbers. :)

NorCalGreg
08-29-2015, 10:33 PM
Who doesn't know that losers can get better figs than winners when those figs are based on more than final time?

I'm guessing you were out of the country?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125094&highlight=timeform+figs#goto_threadtools

cj
08-29-2015, 11:19 PM
I'm just shocked a bit because he walked a bit easy in the beginning of the race as even Collmus said during his call. I'd have to say Keen gets the better number off that race, but hey, they are just numbers. :)

We don't see many 10f races these days, and people don't really know what constitutes a fast pace in my opinion. You also have to take the track speed into account. Announcers get "pace" opinions right sometimes, sometimes not. I'm not knocking them, they are doing it on the fly and probably looking at riders as well. That makes it tough. If I were an announcer I'd never give a pace assessment unless it was obvious visually.

taxicab
08-30-2015, 02:45 AM
Runhappy with a 131 in the King's Bishop. Flintshire also 131 in Sword Dancer.

Both without Lasix.
Flintshire just had to get away from Treve.
The Arc is run on October 4th.
BC Turf should fit into his schedule also.

Grits
08-30-2015, 08:00 AM
Flintshire was stunning...one of the classiest animals EVER.

biggestal99
08-30-2015, 08:17 AM
Both without Lasix.

A good day for WHOA bettors. :-)

Allan