PDA

View Full Version : Remember what happen after the Haskell?

Kash$
08-29-2015, 08:37 PM
Didn't AP take a extra day after the Haskell before he shipped
..According to Baffert he looked a bit tired and normally it would take AP 3 days..

Maybe someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong..

chadk66
08-30-2015, 08:55 AM
it would be more surprising if he didn't need an extra day after the Haskell considering the campaign he has endured the past few months. 18,000 miles of flights and appearing at numerous different tracks. It's amazing he even competed at all in the traverse.

Secondbest
08-30-2015, 10:38 AM
Didn't AP take a extra day after the Haskell before he shipped
..According to Baffert he looked a bit tired and normally it would take AP 3 days..

Maybe someone can correct me on this if I'm wrong..
Your 100% Correct

lamboguy
08-30-2015, 10:55 AM
i would have waited 2 days. its kind of standard procedure not to ship the horse back so far a distance right after the race.

my guess is this horse has done to much shipping already.

chadk66
08-30-2015, 11:18 AM
it's what a four hour flight?

lamboguy
08-30-2015, 11:25 AM
the horse stopped first in Kentucky to pick up FUNNYCIDE, then went to New York. probably a 9 hour trip with the stop.

if this was an east coast based horses he might not have been tired.

Fager Fan
08-30-2015, 11:56 AM
The travel matters but we have to remember that what they're doing in their stall in the plane is similar to what they'd be doing if they were in their stall at the barn. It's not at all the hassle and sardines in a can that humans go through.

chadk66
08-30-2015, 03:31 PM
the horse stopped first in Kentucky to pick up FUNNYCIDE, then went to New York. probably a 9 hour trip with the stop.

if this was an east coast based horses he might not have been tired.I would doubt it was nine hours. KY is right on the way from CA. Maybe lost an hour or two max. Six hours in a plane is really of no concern. Especially for a horse that travels a lot.

Rex Phinney
08-30-2015, 03:46 PM
It was an extra day to go back training, he shipped after the Haskell just the same as he did after Belmont.

I'd be more worried about the 7f move before the race than the travel. After a race horses don't do much anyway, so the trips back to CA are almost a moot point.